• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

pahamrick

At least now you learn , don't play for 2hrs if you bought it on steam.

I got it free with my video card, but then I used the money I had originally used to pre-order it to get the season pass.

That's what I get for giving Rocksteady benefit of the doubt. Couldn't even be bothered to do the PC version themselves.

Kriken

So I got bored and rebooted the Nvidia Geforce experience to see if it had updated the optimized portion, according to Nvdia, these are my optimal settings

Anti aliasing: off
level of detail: normal
texture resolution: low

I have above the recommended specs and yet for best optimization I should keep everything from low to normal? Fuck you WB Games, I'm done with this until it gets patched, real shame too

Jesus, PC is seriously missing Bokeh DOF, Rain effects, AO and most likely more?

Think about this, the game runs and looks worse on a GTX970 compared to a console with a cut down 7870.

Yeah... I just can't deal anymore.

Fury X or 980ti are in my near future

Don't go from one calamity to the next, so I'd avoid AMD, but that's just me.

Zemm

as someone who lived through the Master Chief Collection...man they're still patching that shit six months later

Obviously one off-line game vs 4 single/multiplayer games is different, but with all the fucked up stuff in this game, you already know its not gonna be some quick switch flipping and a hot rescue patch before the weekend.

This is gonna some considerable time.

Yeah, I was hoping the stutter/big fps drops would be fixed quickly but with all the graphical effects missing and even stuff like steam badges not working (lol) I've settled in for the long haul.

Hatty

I'd think performance would be their first objective. Running so poorly is much worse than the missing effects

I got this for free from the Nvidia promo, but I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't get the PS4 version. Sounds like this could take a while to be fixed...

Don't the only reason I am getting the PS4 Edition is because I preordered the Collector's edition months ago and its already shipped , and I am too lazy to ship it back.

I'm betting its going to take a while to get fixed but don't give these people more money.

I got my refund for the PC version.

Jesus, PC is seriously missing Bokeh DOF, Rain effects, AO and most likely more?

Think about this, the game runs and looks worse on a GTX970 compared to a console with a cut down 7870.

I honestly feel like getting an AMD card for my next upgrade because Nvidia can go fuck itself when it comes to gameworks.

Quick reminder is that the PC may (and probably does) have Bokeh. It is just the focal ditance maybe different, and, since it is really low res on console, it will appear different in screens.

Man it really is a shame that most people cant run this game.

Its gorgeous, and I think its by far the best batman game (as someone who love open world games and dislikes puzzles).

Jaw dropped when the game made the view fly up to way up high in the sky in-game so you can see the entire landscape

Thats with all effects enabled though, when I turned off all the gameworks settings it took a sizable downgrade graphically.

Its gorgeous, and I think its by far the best batman game (as someone who love open world games and dislikes puzzles).

Jaw dropped when the game made the view fly up to way up high in the sky in-game so you can see the entire landscape

Thats with all effects enabled though, when I turned off all the gameworks settings it took a sizable downgrade graphically.

We have the version with missing rain effects and missing AO apparently.

It also came with craptastic performance and a Default 30FPS lock.

Fuck This game.

Maffis

Can I still refund while I already have 7 hrs of game time? I've read you have 2 hrs in order to get a refund

you can definitely try. they have said that the limit is 2 hours but you can still make a ticket and hope for the best because they read them all. just be sure to really explain how bad the game is running etc.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
What a mess. For shits and giggles I ran the benchmark, got 27 FPS average at 4k.

Turned off AA and Vsync.

Ran it again.

Got 19fps average.

Dropped it down to 1440p and only got 29 average.

The actual fuck is going on?

The game itself is fun, I really enjoyed what I played until I turned it off due to the insane amount of microstutter.

Justinh

Damn. This thread moves pretty quickly.
Batman: Arkham Knightfail.
Inb4, WB announces no patches preferring DLC support.

Oh God, how depressing fucking aggravating. I still refuse to buy Origins.

Hope most of this gets fixed by the time the GOTY edition is out next spring.

I wonder what kind of text we'll see on the box?

Gameworse
Hmm. Feels like #gameworse should be a thing on twitter
I, like others in this thread, don't blame nvidia for this game's problems, though.

The Cowboy

Can I still refund while I already have 7 hrs of game time? I've read you have 2 hrs in order to get a refund

The 14 day 2 hour windows is simply for the no fuss no questions asked refund (basically a 100% certain refund), if you go past this you can still request one and state your reasons as per the new policy, and based on the reviews and various stories of the games issues i would be very surprised if a refund wasn't granted.

nai

720P and LOW!?!

The PS4 Version gets a stable 1080P /30FPS and The missing AO that the PC version doesn't have .
I have a low end system, so 720p is what I assumed I would be stuck with.
But I just tried upping it to 1080p and enabling anti-aliasing. It worked just as well as 720p did.

Braag

What the fuck at all those missing effects...
I really wish I didn't buy this from GMG cause I would have loved to refund this after all these revelations.

From now on I guess I'll have to buy WB games long after launch to make sure it's not a technical mess and buy it from steam so I can refund it if need be.

We have the version with missing rain effects and missing AO apparently.

It also came with craptastic performance and a Default 30FPS lock.

Yeah the game really didnt look great with gameworks turned off (which drops framerate quite dramatically even on a Titan X at 1080p)

Performance wise, it seems to be running at something like one fifth what you would expect from the hardware (eg bad performance for many people with a 970)

MattyG

Banned
Don't the only reason I am getting the PS4 Edition is because I preordered the Collector's edition months ago and its already shipped , and I am too lazy to ship it back.

I'm betting its going to take a while to get fixed but don't give these people more money.

I got my refund for the PC version.
I could get a CE PS4 version tomorrow. I just want to play this fucking game, not wait weeks for it to work right.

I do still have to finish TW3 though, so I guess I can just use that to hold me over. Goddammit, IG/WB.

jett

D-Member
Nvidia's Gameworks video actually has the rain drip effects on Batman:

ixQuUkQ.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjmLNZtvxk

What the hell version of the game did we get?

I have a low end system, so 720p is what I assumed I would be stuck with.
But I just tried upping it to 1080p and enabling anti-aliasing. It worked just as well as 720p did.

Still getting an inferior than console version pisses me off. I mean seriously , my 2 thousand dollar setup has worse graphical effects than the PS4 Version WTF.

Wavebossa

I haven't had an amd card since the 1900xt, not sure how they are doing driverwise now.
Honestly, I just want games to preform the way they are supposed to on my hardware. If my hardware is too weak, i'm OK with that.

But if this just terrible optimization and missing features... nah not OK.

jorimt

Quick reminder is that the PC may (and probably does) have Bokeh. It is just the focal ditance maybe different, and, since it is really low res on console, it will appear different in screens.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know the origin of the PC screen, but it may be running at 4k in that shot. If so, the Bokeh may not scale well currently at higher than 1080p resolutions, creating a weaker effect.

Also, it looks like the PC version's colorspace profile is incorrect, causing the less colorful/more washed out appearance when compared to the console versions.

I just wanted to say that IG didn't port presequel for the Borderlands Handsome Collection, and that was the worse of the two ports in the collection. Borderlands 2 was a decent port imo. Armature Studio was responsible for the Presequel.

Ce-Lin

must be and old build, latest build still not stable enough for public release, I can't come up with a better excuse for all this.

I guess performance was terrible and and the devs were running out of time so they started cutting corners (as we're noticing a lot of missing stuff on the PC version) and ultimately decided to "impose" a 30 fps lock which casual gamers would rarely notice, I think the situation is pretty much disgusting and they should have delayed the PC version, I mean even in the very own Nvidia stream they turned off all Gameworks effects and they were more likely running a 3-Sli setup... shame !

Honestly They think we'd not notice that there is a 30 FPS lock.

I run fraps on every new PC game I buy to benchmark.

Soi-Fong

must be and old build, latest build still not stable enough for public release, I can't come on with a better excuse for all this.

Like I said before talking with my programmer friend at Iron Galaxy, he told me it's not them putting out an old build. Just trying to stop this "reasoning" from spreading.

Dahaka

To all AMD users.

15.200.1040.0 June 8 Win 10 Catalyst runs best in my case. (Win 8.1)

How do I clean install the AMD driver? Yesterday I had the 15.6 beta and now somehow is reverted back to 15.5. I downloaded and installed the 15.6 again but it still says 15.5 on the software information screen on AMD Catalyst.

Use DDU aka Display Driver Uninstaller.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking the same thing. I don't know the origin of the PC screen, but it may be running at 4k in that shot. If so, the Bokeh may not scale well currently at higher than 1080p resolutions, creating a weaker effect.

Also, it looks like the PC version's colorspace profile is incorrect, causing the less colorful/more washed out appearance when compared to the console versions.

I'm playing in 1080p and it definitely didn't have that bokeh effect as it appears in the PS4 screenshot.

Kriken

What a mess. For shits and giggles I ran the benchmark, got 27 FPS average at 4k.

Turned off AA and Vsync.

Ran it again.

Got 19fps average.

Dropped it down to 1440p and only got 29 average.

The actual fuck is going on?

Benchmarked it last night and got 45 fps average, ran it this morning with no changes for a 29 fps average

Top Bottom