• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Justice League Teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szu

Batman doesn't kill people with guns, he just puts them to sleep.

rwyZv.gif

Saya

Thought this was pretty intresting.

That's a nice idea.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie ends with Flash not being in their reality anymore and he somehow jumped dimensions or travelled back in time or the future. Maybe the Flash movie will focus on him finding his way back in time for Justice League 2.

There's no build up or flow to that last fight. By the time that comes around your senses are dulled because everything you've seen previously was just as extravagant. It's like a videogames where you get a set piece every 2 minutes. Eventually you don't see it as a big deal anymore.
The only times the movie slows down is for awful plot development and awful dialogue. Not for character development like it should be. There's never any emotional weight to anything and it makes you not care who wins or dies or anything.
The Doomsday fight is not the best fight in the movie and it should be. While it looks cool at times, you don't feel rewarded by getting a hugely better fight than all the previous ones. That's the problem.

Honestly, the entire movie is so effects heavy and punchy that I wouldn't have minded a quick and super easy fight. Just the 3 of them easily annihilating Doomsday in less than a minute. It would have been very unexpected and therefore exciting.

I thought it was the best fight scene - though the other two were fun too. Probably the closest the movies have come to accurately representing a really grand epic scale battle involving really powerful super heroes.

Batman doesn't kill people with guns, he just puts them to sleep.

rwyZv.gif

ROFL, I forgot about him. What's he doing now, I wonder?

He could do BvS scenes like 'Martha' or '1 percent absolute certainty (I'm the greatest detective)' with the dialogue as is and it would fit his Batman perfectly, lol.

effzee

I love some of the things Snyder did or is doing with Batman compared to Nolan but overall I just don't like the mask, ears, and Ben still doesn't look like Batman to me under the mask.

Hope the movie is great but man these movies make me miss Nolan Batman movies so much. Following the making off, releases, and then watching those movies from 04-12 was a great fun ride.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Looked cool, but wasnt very good. I think it's telling that the Batman vs Superman fight and warehouse fight, for all their flaws, were more intense, weighty, and memorable than the Doomsday fight

This is probably a topic for another thread but, Doomsday didn't need to be in the movie.

It could have just been the "day vs. night" fight that Luthor hyped up. Straight up grudge match; Bruce Wayne's tempered jealousy vs Superman's inflated ego.

They beat each other to shit, Batman learns a lesson about cruelty and Superman some humility.

Best buds. No need for Martha either.

If they just HAD to have Doomsday and the death of Superman for God knows what story reasons, Doomsday should have been what it actually is in the comics. A Kryptonian experiment, thrown away to the phantom zone along with Zod in MoS, only to be found and prodded by Luthor.

I think Doomsday was supposed to carry a message about cruelty as well to reflect it's creation.

But, anyways, yeah. Another topic.

Huh, she doesn't get any Snyder-shots...

Her own is movie is coming out soon so it makes sense.

Still that was weak.

bigJP

This is probably a topic for another thread but, Doomsday didn't need to be in the movie.

It could have just been the "day vs. night" fight that Luthor hyped up. Straight up grudge match; Bruce Wayne's tempered jealousy vs Superman's inflated ego.

They beat each other to shit, Batman learns a lesson about cruelty and Superman some humility.

Best buds. No need for Martha either.

If they just HAD to have Doomsday and the death of Superman for God knows what story reasons, Doomsday should have been what it actually is in the comics. A Kryptonian experiment, thrown away to the phantom zone along with Zod in MoS, only to be found and prodded by Luthor.

I think Doomsday was supposed to carry a message about cruelty as well to reflect it's creation.

But, anyways, yeah. Another topic.

agree, felt like they shoe horned in too many plot lines just for the sake of it

Ashhong

There's no build up or flow to that last fight. By the time that comes around your senses are dulled because everything you've seen previously was just as extravagant. It's like a videogames where you get a set piece every 2 minutes. Eventually you don't see it as a big deal anymore.
The only times the movie slows down is for awful plot development and awful dialogue. Not for character development like it should be. There's never any emotional weight to anything and it makes you not care who wins or dies or anything.
The Doomsday fight is not the best fight in the movie and it should be. While it looks cool at times, you don't feel rewarded by getting a hugely better fight than all the previous ones. That's the problem.

Honestly, the entire movie is so effects heavy and punchy that I wouldn't have minded a quick and super easy fight. Just the 3 of them easily annihilating Doomsday in less than a minute. It would have been very unexpected and therefore exciting.

Bull fucking shit. If that fight lasted one minute you and everyone in the world would be complaining about how pointless it was and a waste of time every single of related plot time was. For better or for worse, at least there was a consequence to the fight and it served a purpose.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
To steal a joke, Superman's own is just gonna be dirt rising.

It'd be funny if it wasn't even dirt rising.

Just the camera focused on dirt with that music playing in the background. Then quick cut to UNITE THE LEAUGE with everyone else there except Superman.

a916

Wonder Woman has the best poster... and the worst teaser lol.

Cyborg is going to look good, do it Snyder

Bull fucking shit. If that fight lasted one minute you and everyone in the world would be complaining about how pointless it was and a waste of time every single of related plot time was. For better or for worse, at least there was a consequence to the fight and it served a purpose.

It was pointless no matter the length and there were absolutely no consequences or a purpose. They might as well have done something to leave an impression on viewers by going against expectations and also cut the film's length time.
The whole thing falls apart by that not so subtle ending and that JL promo shot that was released almost immediately after the movie left theaters.
Plus, no one gives a shit about this Superman so the whole thing falls flat.

Ashhong

It was pointless no matter the length and there were absolutely no consequences or a purpose. They might as well have done something to leave an impression on viewers by going against expectations and also cut the film's length time.
The whole thing falls apart by that not so subtle ending and that JL promo shot that was released almost immediately after the movie left theaters.
Plus, no one gives a shit about this Superman so the whole thing falls flat.

There is a consequence and purpose, no matter how much you disliked it. To say otherwise is just being ignorant. Having all that buildup and time spent on it, to have them beat DOOMSDAY in 1 minute? You honestly think that would have been better? Lol..

opricnik

Banned
Funny how some people say movie will look good but wont have good story,characters etc.

Since when did MCU movies had those? terribad villains,visuals,music,story non sense. Lol they re used iron man story what 3 or 4 times?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Funny how some people say movie will look good but wont have good story,characters etc.

Since when did MCU movies had those? terribad villains,visuals,music,story non sense. Lol they re used iron man story what 3 or 4 times?

I am no marvel fan, but marvel movies aren't tedious and are at least fun to watch. BvS was a slog, poorly paced and just tiring to watch. Marvel has terrible villains, plots follow the same old formula and not a lot of memorable action scenes but they make you laugh and keep you entertained.

a916

There's a guy he 100% stabbed in the heart.

i loved it.

He got stabbed in the shoulder, he got up, took the knife, and stabbed him in the shoulder (also stabbed someone above the knee).

I think there's a very accurate in carnation where Batman is the demon and nightmare personified that will take you within an inch of your life but not kill you.

why is Flash doing stupid anime hand poses? what is he, Naruto?

It's a stretch too... which would make sense if he's getting off a plane...which he is.

m23

There's a guy he 100% stabbed in the heart.

i loved it.

I really couldn't care less if he killed a few bad guys. I'm not really a comic book or superhero lore kinda guy so the whole "Batman isn't supposed to kill" thing is a non issue for me.

I'm really only interested in Batman when it comes to superheros in general. I'm a filthy casual.

opricnik

Banned
I am no marvel fan, but marvel movies aren't tedious and are at least fun to watch. BvS was a slog, poorly paced and just tiring to watch. Marvel has terrible villains, plots follow the same old formula and not a lot of memorable action scenes but they make you laugh and keep you entertained.

Sure you can laugh to fart jokes or quips but those doesnt make marvel movies good tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom