• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

N° 2048

Some great fixes in this update. Happy with
- the extra flags in Suze (although they could have been less linear)
- can customize your soldier before you enter a game
- If the squad leader ignores requests for orders the leadership is transferred to another member of the squad
- Quit button is now available at any given time when in the End of Round

I couldn't see anything about fixing that infuriating bug where you go to use a gadget (using left or right on d-pad) and it puts on your gas mask. So frustrating and often gets you killed.

That's actually the PS4 controller....try hitting left or right dpad hard towards the top and it will hit the up dpad contact. The PS4 controller is made like shit.

I've tried this on different games...same shit.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Seriously, WTF!? Why would they downgrade the game on Pro?

Well... people complained about the PRO players having an advantage so DICE did the right thing.
#KAPPA

lazerfox

I haven't played BF much since I bought TiF2.

Have they finally fixed the Monte Grappa B bunker cheese in Operations? Last time I played it was a boring camp fest.

Anyone tried the patch yet?

What the hell do i read?
Pro version downgraded?
Can not check it out myself right now.
But damn, if true. Doesn't make sense.
I would be really salty. Hope it's just a mistake / bug.

deoee

Have they finally fixed the Monte Grappa B bunker cheese in Operations? Last time I played it was a boring camp fest.

It's still a joke in that Bunker.

They just should make the walls destroyable with something

Firebrand

770 still crashing on new 375.86 driver and game update. Now where did I put the 337.88 driver again...

Journey back to 2014... and the Geforcevanian countryside of NVIDIA. *bats everywhere*

Doesnt seem so.
They just added more tix and adjusted cap speed

Which is worthless if you cant actually get into the bunker

The Dude

Well quickly fired up, had to get back to work but ps4 here on my 4k projector etc... Everything seems to run fine with my pro, noticing nothing major as for how good it looks and runs.

Also the level 10 assault gun seems just fine, kills just as good as it did previously

It's still a joke in that Bunker.

They just should make the walls destroyable with something

I will never understand why people find it so difficult to break in.....

Step 1 - Blow up the doors with dynamite
Step 2 - Gas, flame and frag grenade like hell
Step 3 - Run in with shotty

UKps4Gaf has won Iron Walls with a white wash attacking nearly every single time. Have yet to be defeated on that map.

With more tickets and quicker flag capture it's just going to be a piss take as far as how easy it is.....

chiliboy

UKps4Gaf has won Iron Walls with a white wash attacking nearly every single time. Have yet to be defeated on that map.

With more tickets and quicker flag capture it's just going to be a piss take as far as how easy it is.....

1. You guys are playing on PS4
2. You guys are a LOT of ppl playing together, communicating.

Try playing on PC, and try playing with just 2-3 gaffers in a squad and 17 randoms who cannot play for shit - you will understand why people complain.
When I've played with a couple of gaffers we always push into the bunker but its not much we can do as just 3-4 ppl when they are 10+ ppl in the bunker.

UKps4Gaf is god mode we get it lol.

Not at all possible if even just 1 squad knows how to hold it down

I played a game where both doors were non stop grenade spam. All kinds of grenadrs. AT, impact, frag, whatever

Clearly, support was supplying teammates and there was no way to get in

Im literally talking grenades going off every second.

Our entire team was loitering at the entrances waiting for the bombs to stop dropping

A brave soul or two would make a break for it only to die and all we could do was watch

The culprit rears its ugly face!!!
Hope rain is no longer completely killing my FPS and reducing it to stop-motion with huge freezes no matter what settings I play on. Whenever that happened I had to manually terminate the game with my Process manager, even the menus became umplayable.

Also the mutiny feature is great and really, REALLY helps me on the Asian (or rather Japanese) servers where you don't get that far with chat. Gameplay massively improved, I wish the feature had been there for the 700 hours of Battlefield 3 I played ^^.

God damn MP18.

They should definitely have nerfed the range on that thing
Come on mate, range is literally the only reason to pick that thing over the Automatico or pretty much any other MP. 550 RPM is a joke up close considering the damage is not even that high thanks to DICE norming bullet damage based on RL caliber used. Giving the Assault at least a somewhat decent mid range weapon seems fair, Medics get the M1907 after all.

Hurley

I don't see any discernable visual differences nor fps drop on Pro, we need screenshot proof.

Image quality seems softer after the patch, I noticed it the most on the forest map, could just be me though. I'll jump back on later and have a few more rounds

Reports of worse image and FPS.

Seriously, WTF!? Why would they downgrade the game on Pro?

Amazing start to this new upgrade console lol

GG DICE. Killed Operations.
Way to many tickets for the attackers. Stupid.

Cause the attackers really needed more tickets ON TOP of having all the vehicles and a fucking blimp/train. Its as if they dont fucking play their game.

I dont even wanna play Operations anymore. If youre on defense you just get raped. This just cemented that decision for me.

UKps4Gaf is god mode we get it lol.

My work here is done

UVQxWnb.gif

chiliboy

I've been playing on 64p and the teams I've been on have stopped the attacking team several times now. I've also seen more successful attempts by the attackers. Overall it seems better, but this is an early impression.

Okay sound good, I think the risk is that 40person Operations will be too hard for defenders now :O

Giganteus

Cause the attackers really needed more tickets ON TOP of having all the vehicles and a fucking blimp/train. Its as if they dont fucking play their game.

I dont even wanna play Operations anymore. If youre on defense you just get raped. This just cemented that decision for me.
It's like some of you play a different game than me. I'm still seeing the defending team able to defend. I'm on one right now, and we're holding them back.

Okay sound good, I think the risk is that 40person Operations will be too hard for defenders now :O
I'll give the 40 player one a shot. That does sound ridiculous if they gave attackers more tickets for that.

Haha yeah, I spawned on you as soon as I could but with all the revives going around it took ages.

I don't know how you managed to get there without a random sniper bullet KOing you. That round was absolutely filled with wookies, at one point I got so annoyed I took to the hills and cleared out a pretty bad infestation.

I decided to skip a revive and spawned back at base in stead of on squad. Headed straight to the beach and crouch paddled all the way up the train track. Took ages and I did get hit by a couple of snipers on the way, but luckily no head shots so I just belly crawled for a bit until my health regened. The last point on Sinai was lousy with snipers though, I ended up taking a flame tank into the hills to flush them out.

Hope to get on tonight but I finish work at 21:00. Looking forward to more of a challenge when defending.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I don't see any discernable visual differences nor fps drop on Pro, we need screenshot proof.

Dude , let it go, the PRO is done.
One person on the internet posted about the downgrade, its all over.

PS4 PRO 2016 - 2016 #RIP

chiliboy

It's like some of you play a different game than me. I'm still seeing the defending team able to defend. I'm on one right now, and we're holding them back.

I'll give the 40 player one a shot. That does sound ridiculous if they gave attackers more tickets for that.

Yeah 50 extra tickets for 40p. It was super easy as attackers if they were competent, and super easy for the defenders if they were competent. I fear it will steer it a bit too much for the attackers with the extra tickets on certain Ops, like kaiserslacht and ballroom/argonne one.

Top Bottom