• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Vietnam Patch Features Announced - Less stair damage!

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/editorial.jsp?src=community_update_11

Seems like some much needed additions (finially).

Couple head scratchers:

1.) Falling damage when going down stairs reduced. Excuse me, but if the game is so buggy that you don't stick to a stair properly, there shouldn't be any damage. A reduction would only be acceptable if soldiers were mentally challenged and walking down stairs posed a real word danger. Walking down a shallow temple and skipping a few steps isn't gonna hurt anyone.

Edited: The helicopter comment. Though it was damage to the helicopter, not damage dealt.

SKluck

Banned
Current tickets for each team displayed on the Scoreboard. Server IP, name, and current map appear on Scoreboard.
ABOUT FUCKING TIME

3d map now shows friendly mines, traps, explosives, ammo boxes, and medical cabinets.
ABOUT FUCKING TIME

Flight ceiling added to helicopters.
The ending of camping with a the VC spawn chopper.

Removed splash physics from friendly explosions when Friendly Fire is off.
Fuck. It was fun setting explosives and flying high into the sky.

Jeep top speed and torque increased.
Always thought they were way too slow.

MUTT tow rocket changed to a heat seeker
Very very nice change.

Increased destabilization of Cobra when player leaves pilot seat.
A++++++

LAW and RPG damage vs. helicopters significantly increased.
Should be 1 shot kill. You know how hard it is to hit a helo with a non-seeking rocket? Fuck me, if they get hit they deserve to go down.

Very nice update, I want more though. My question is, will we be able to tow artillery? Will the Tango door work so we can load shit in it? How about tunnels? Or the flare gun? These were promised but not delivered in the final product.

Soon = 1 month, I'm guessing.

eh too little too late imo altho ill check it out since I wasted 50 on it.

DICE needs to stop shipping out buggy games (not rallisport 2 tho)

Mrbob

Well since BF:V is finally getting patched up to spec I may go pick it up.

DSN2K said:
laughable, This game felt so rushed from moment I played it. :D

shame as BF1942 is great.

Well, it wasn't at release.

shpankey

not an idiot
It's still an awesome game, despite the bugs (and there are a few). To me, it still blows away BF1942 by a long shot and is twice the fun. I can't even bring myself back to 1942 now, and I've tried. It's so dead and stale to me now.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
ravingloon said:
Walking down a shallow temple and skipping a few steps isn't gonna hurt anyone.

I think it must be a previously undocumented horror of the Vietnam War - you can die falling from just above shoulder-height in Shellshock too.

Top Bottom