• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Grand Theft Auto Soundtrack/Stations

KalBalboa

Banned
Flashback FM!

Lazlow's voice in IV was a real smile-inducer, too. Vice City probably had the best overall soundtrack, but even San Andreas had the perfect stations to set the mood.

There's not really a weak entry, even the PSP games. Vice is definitely king, though.

Alebrije

Saints Row 2 has also great radios ( find them better than GTA4) , the MIX radio with 80´s music is great....

AkIRA_22

Vice City for best in the series. And best station is Fever 105 with Oliver "Ladykiller" Biscuit. Solid 80s synth I listened to this for soooooo many hours.

Ultimadrago

I usually find myself on Self-Actualization FM in GTA IV. It's pretty relaxing before going on a mission.
That or any talk show I fall on.

How about best commercial on radio/tv or best show on tv in GTA IV?

GTAIV - "A History of Liberty City" documentary.

I can't find myself remembering San Andreas' soundtrack to well. It has been a while. Vice City's goes down as my overall favorite soundtrack.

Marleyman

Banned
GTAIV - "A History of Liberty City" documentary

I can't find myself remembering San Andreas' soundtrack to well. It has been a while. Vice City's goes down as my overall favorite soundtrack.

That is a really good one; I enjoy the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" parody and Republican Space Rangers always cracks me up.

Raptomex

Vice City
VIce City Stories
San Andreas
GTA III
GTA IV

Also as far as talk radio goes:
Chatterbox FM
VCPR
WCTR

Lazlow is awesome.

Esura

Banned
Vice City's soundtrack is the most complete,but for me there is nothing comparable to....

609558-lossantos_super.jpg

This.

Although I liked a few other stations in SA but nothing compares to this station.

Horns

I'd have to agree with Vice City being the best. There were so many good songs.

I'd keep IV and San Andreas about the same. I liked a few songs in both, but neither of them were quite as good as Vice City.

canedaddy

Radio Espantoso and it's not even close.

I guess it helps to be bilingual and have been exposed to bilingual radio to appreciate the brilliance here.
I only know a little Spanish and I still love Radio Espantoso. Vice City has the best soundtrack overall, no question.

The best talk/commercials are in Vice City Stories, believe it or not.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
V-Rock and the TLaD version of L.C.H.C. both rock my socks off.

Holy shit, I never played TLaD but that's an amazing soundtrack. I need to get through that.
I will also agree with V-Rock, that was the best.

BFIB

God, what I wouldn't pay for an entire OST from GTA radio stations. Commercials and all. Just amazing work.

Qasiel

Chatterbox is legendary for me. The amount of quotable lines from that station alone makes me chuckle whenever I think about them.

My other favourite station has to be K-Jah!

Radio X, San Andreas for sure. Although Vice City has the best overall soundtrack, Radio X was always on when I was driving in San Andreas. So good.

Top Bottom