• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Sega Saturn games? Must owns I am speaking...

I am hooking back up my saturn as we speak, as some people on here are interested in some netlinking, and saw some people at OA speaking about it as well..

i have nights, christmas nights, sonic r, sonic jam, sega rally, megamix, daytona, vf2, vcop1+2, but cant remember what else...

what would you guys recommend specifically?

i saw ASTAL today at a resell store, i remember hearing good things but wasnt sure...

also if anyone has any sega saturn stuff for sale, PM me d00d

Amen. I bought a system (for 15$) in the hopes of being able to play it and it was worth it alone. Shining Force III and Dragon Force are also good.

RiZ III

Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Panzer Dragoon Saga, NiGHTS, Xmas NiGHTS, Dragon Force, Fighters Megamix, Shining Force 3

GhaleonEB

Panzer Dragoon Trilogy
Dragon Force
Shining the Holy Ark
AMOK
Fighter's Megamix
Sega Rally 2
Virtua Cop 1&2
Baku Baku Animal
Astal

Seth C

From my collection...

Virtua Fighter
Virtua Fighter Remix
Virtua Fighter 2
NiGHTS
Christmas NiGHTS
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Astal
Sega Rally
Guradian Heroes
Legend of Oasis
Powerslave/Exhumed
Virtual On
Dragon Force
Dark Savior
Decathlete
Saturn Bomberman
Shining Force III

Cafeman

I recommend Astal if you like 2D art and platforming action. It's a game unlike anything you can get anymore. It totally blows away your typical GBA game in resolution and colors and FX, if not animation. It is difficult at times and is slower paced than your typical 2004 game, so be advised to put yourself into 1995 mode. But God, I love it!

Similarly, I really enjoyed playing Rayman on saturn. Not just sampling its gameplay but trying to get all the Electoons. I cheated with a 20 lives code because there is a lot of trial and error when trying to find the electoons, so you might die alot and its frustrating with the default number of lives. (the 20-lives code is difficult to do though! I usually try 5 or more times before I successfully pull it off!).

Its dated, but Worldwide Soccer (or WWS 2) was really fun, I remember. Do you have Sega Rally? Some still regard it as the zeitgiest rally racer of that era. It's the first racer to have a ghost mode, I believe.

And all the Panzer Dragoons come recommended, even the first one which is the most dated.

Dragon Force is great fun, provided the game doesn't lock up on you when you just passed some hard battles and are trying to save. Of course, it may be my non-Sega memory card too, but my choices were limited when I finally got a Saturn

neo2046

Street Fighter Zero (alpha)
Street Fighter Zero (alpha) 2
Street Fighter Zero (alpha) 3
Street Fighter vs Marvel
Vampire
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Saviour
Policenauts
Castlevania
Virtua Fighter 2
NiGHTS
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Azel (Saga)
Sega Rally
Guradian Heroes
Virtual On
Saturn Bomberman
1945 II

I have sega rally, still probably my favorite racer ever outside of RSC2 on xbox..

i never played either clockwork knight, i'd like to try them out if i can find them cheap.

good call on AMOK, forgot to mention I have that one.. that game was amazing fun in single player, and the co-op was great too... i never did play their other game "Scorcher", but should try to find that.

I think I have narrowed the list of what I *need* to get...

Notice: Panzer Dragoon SAga and Shining Force 3 are not on here. I am not big on RPGs, but I owned both of these before and sold for a huge profit, as well as Shining the Holy Ark. Out of the three, I only liked Panzer Dragoon Saga, which I wouldnt really even call an RPG, but more of an RPGish version of Panzer Dragoon, which I have owned 1, Zwei, Saga and Orta.

As for what I will get that I dont have:

-Fighting Vipers (I have megamix, but I want the straight up regular version of FV)

-Virtua Fighter Kids (VF1/VF2 are two of my favorite fighting games of all time, VF Kids is a necessary addition to the VF lineup if you are a huge VF fan)..

-Daytona CCE Netlink / Sega Rally Netlink / Virtual On Netlink --- I want to start playing some netlink again...

-Bug Too! (I have bug 1, and love it.. bug 2 i hear is great, and better.)

-Sega Touring Car --> had it, sold it, wish I didnt... wonder if the online scores are still up?

thats all i have figured out that i need for usre, but theres alot i definately want.. mainly i am anxious to start playing some sonic r, burning rangers, nights and sonic jam again.

Top Bottom