• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda releases E3 invite, teases two new unveils (that are not the IPs shown)

What do you think Bethesda is announcing (see the two "Under Construction" areas)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does that look like a little snow area in the Dishonored part? It could be the dust district but Karnaca is the top island. I assume one is also Dunwall, but what are the other two supposed to be?

Maybe we'll see a snow area for the DLC.

ReaperXL7

I'm curious to see if they announce anything for the Switch.

I suppose their desire to make more games for it lives and dies with Skyrim.

I would go into E3 with expectations very low for western third parties announcing Switch games. Japanese devs for sure, but we have almost no indication outside of some lip service that western third parties care anymore then they ever have in the past.

I'm been saying, I'm fully expecting a Bethesda game to launch this year. The entire reason they expanded was to decrease the time between games. If that time wasn't shrunk to a 2 year turnaround then the next ES could be 4-7 years away, vs 2-4. I don't see that. I also think that's why Prey launched in May, plus the not so subtle hints they've been dropping.

Skunkers

Too soon for a Doom sequel, but it might get an expansion like Wolfenstien: The Old Blood.

I'm hope it's that and Wolfenstien TNC.

The monster never dies no matter how many times you kill it. Just sheds its skin and changes form.
I feel the weight of the world pushing me down. I try to carry it nonetheless.
One last time. Then I can rest.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I have to assume one is Wolfenstein, it's due.

Interested to see any Dishonored 2 DLC, if that's happening.

Has to be Wolfenstein and TEW2. They're the only two mainline franchises absent, and they've been in E3 promotional art ever since Bethesda started doing E3 showcases, yet they've never been part of the presentation. Curious that they're not there this time around.

Bethesda not as subtle or sneaky as they think they are.

But seriously
THE EVIL WITHIN 2 OR RIOT I SWEAR I'LL DO IT THIS YEAR

pa22word

Has to be Wolfenstein and TEW2. They're the only two mainline franchises absent, and they've been in E3 promotional art ever since Bethesda started doing E3 showcases, yet they've never been part of the presentation. Curious that they're not there this time around.

Bethesda not as subtle or sneaky as they think they are.

But seriously
THE EVIL WITHIN 2 OR RIOT I SWEAR I'LL DO IT THIS YEAR

Wolfenstein was at E3 last year

dosintro-770x300_c.jpg

I think it's basically guaranteed that Wolf TNC is one of these games. The other is up in the air though.

Wolfenstein was at E3 last year

dosintro-770x300_c.jpg

I think it's basically guaranteed that Wolf TNC is one of these games. The other is up in the air though.

It was a blip for a half a second. I don't think that counts. No one on the stage ever said the word "Wolfenstein" nor was any attention brought to that image.

Cartho

No way is it TES6. Given that they have a stated policy of not revealing games until they are relatively close to release, I don't think we will see TES6 until 2019 at the earliest. I'm sure Todd said it was "a long way off" only last year because they were waiting on the technology being ready. They often use TES mainline games to usher in new engines too. My guess is they're working on a totally new engine for TES 6 and it's going to be an Oblivion style "wow" moment when we see it.

Think any TES stuff at E3 will be TESO related.

pa22word

It was a blip for a half a second. I don't think that counts. No one on the stage ever said the word "Wolfenstein" nor was any attention brought to that image.

I don't really think that matters at all. It's the same as doing a teaser image with just the game name on the screen with the devs on stage saying how awesome it will be then walking away like games have done in the past, just that bethesda did it in a clever and crafty way that didn't waste everyone's time.

I don't really think that matters at all. It's the same as doing a teaser image with just the game name on the screen with the devs on stage saying how awesome it will be then walking away like games have done in the past, just that bethesda did it in a clever and crafty way that didn't waste everyone's time.

Miss me with your semantics. The fact of the matter is that Wolfenstein and TEW are still the only two mainline franchises missing from that art, which lends credence to the theory that those are the two being unveiled.

I could also see Bethesda pulling out their new IP as a SURPRISE!!!! third announcement that no one expected, due to this art.

I think dishonored 2 will get a dlc announcement. Really surprised it hasn't had any yet

They have been busy finishing up Prey and the release schedule is busy with the marketing push for Prey.

Once Prey is out they can focus on communicating on Dishonored 2's DLCs

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They have been busy finishing up Prey and the release schedule is busy with the marketing push for Prey.

Once Prey is out they can focus on communicating on Dishonored 2's DLCs

There are two Arkane studios: Austin = Prey, Lyon = Dishonored 2. I still think this mystery app, which was previously part of Dishonored 2's beta testing sub, may be an expansion owing to the fact that it has several data depots attached.

Edit: Oh, you're saying that Bethesda is keeping a lid on future plans for Dishonored 2 so as to not steal attention away from Prey. That would understandable given they're somewhat vaguely similar. Or not!

There are two Arkane studios: Austin = Prey, Lyon = Dishonored 2. I still think this mystery app, which was previously part of Dishonored 2's beta testing sub, may be an expansion owing to the fact that it has several data depots attached.

I know there are two but it could be possible Lyon is helping Austin to polish stuff up as the game director is the same. Sony usually does this to finish their flagship titles under crunch time, they ask all worldwide studios to help finish a project

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know there are two but it could be possible Lyon is helping Austin to polish stuff up as the game director is the same. Sony usually does this to finish their flagship titles under crunch time, they ask all worldwide studios to help finish a project

Colantonio wasn't the co-creative lead on Dishonored 2 precisely because he was in the US leading the charge on Prey. He and Smith did helm the original game, though, which is probably what you're thinking of.

Edit: D2's closing credits sequence lists other studios that assisted with the game's development and Arkane Austin is conspicuously absent, so I'd say it's unlikely that the Lyon office has been lending a hand with Prey.

Just give me a new Wolfenstein game.

A teaser trailer for The New Colossus, complete with a May 2018 release date, seems like a safe bet.

Does "Pardon Our Dust" have any significance? Like is it a hint to what it could be or do you think it's just for decoration?

Pardon my bias, but i think it's referring to star dust. Looks like a space game, a green nebula, perhaps, peppered with stars, Starfield by BGS to be exact. What it looks nothing like is a horror game. While the upper left looks like a skyscraper is being built, or Nazi controlled New York City, imo.

What's the game on the middle right ?

Btw, that's Quake champions. Scalebearer, Ranger, and Nyx are the characters, from left to right.

Zukkoyaki

I'm expecting the show to go as follows:

- Wolfenstein: The New Colossus announced and opens the show with a gameplay demo. Coming Spring 2018
- DLC for Doom and Dishonored 2
- Quake Champions open beta announced and dated for sometime this summer
- Fallout 4 VR dated for later this year
- New mobile game
- The Evil Within 2 announced and gameplay demo. Dated for around Halloween this year

BlizzKrut

Banned
Pretty sure the games shown are just for the piece, it doesn't mean new content is going to show up for every IP shown there.

Do note the lack of Wolfenstein showing up with the other IP's ;)

I think it's almost guaranteed we will be seeing the new Wolfenstein, with a possible launch later this year.

Everyone who's expecting an Elder Scrolls VI, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Ahasverus

It's too soon for TES6, but...

The Elder Scrolls Online area (I think the image makes it pretty clear it's about TESO, and not TES in general) shows Skyrim (the north), Morrowind (the east) and the Imperial City (central), but doesn't show Hammerfell (the west). Oddly, there seems to be a desert west of that area (it's specifically colored like sand, the color doesn't match the rest of the land's greenish yellow), and located in that desert is... one of the "under construction" areas.

Knowing that they trademarked Redguard (which implies Hammerfell, and is not a renewal for their earlier title) right after Skyrim, like they trademarked Skyrim right after Oblivion, there is that 1% chance it's teasing TES6.
It's not TES6.
tenor.gif

It's totally TES.

Lanrutcon

An official apology for how shitty The Evil Within was, a Doom sequel with coop campaign announcement and the initial pre-alpha art for TES6: Skyrim 2: We removed all that pesky reading and added a cover system.

Top Bottom