• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 1 now Backwards Compatible on Xbox One

fug.. i'm thinking if i should buy an xbone to play all the backwards compatible games like BLOPs 1..
is the multiplayer connected to the 360 servers or is it separate?

Ricker

Cant remember if I played the campaign for this or not lol...was this the one with the contraversial Airport section or the one with the last level plane thing or was both of those in Mordern Warfare...? even though I stopped played the CoD for a while now,75 % off is tempting...

Cant remember if I played the campaign for this or not lol...was this the one with the contraversial Airport section or the one with the last level plane thing or was both of those in Mordern Warfare...even though I stopped played the CoD for a while now,75 % off is tempting...

The "No Russian" mission is in MW2. Black Ops' campaign is pretty good so it's worth playing as well.

shanafan

Hmmm, DLC maps look good, I may buy a pack or two if the community continues on this path or improves further. But there's like what, four packs, $15 each ugh, that's a new game. DLC this late really should be like $20 for everything...

The Call of Duty games have always had a steady population online, so you should be good no matter what.

Thousands of players are still playing the Wii versions. Call of Duty is a beast online.

Sh0k

Is there a reason why the Resurrection map pack is showing ready to download in the Xbox One when I never purchased the map pack on the 360? If I install it, will they charge me for the DLC pack?

Can anyone confirm if I buy the game from the US marketplace that it will be compatible with my UK Xbox one? If so I'm gonna grab it!

If you can buy it, it will work I believe. I've downloaded several games from the US marketplace and they all work as usual. To be honest I don't know if I've tried it with 360 games so hopefully some one who has can confirm it.

Anyone have any ideas why my X1 wont play any of my 360 bc discs? It plays all my X1 discs fine and my 360 plays the discs that the X1 wont play just fine. I can hear it start to spin the disc then it just stops after about a half a second but when I put in an X1 disc it spins and reads them as normal. It's a day 1 edition I've had since day 1 and I'm in the preview program as well if that helps out with any ideas why it may be happening. I've hard reset and cleaned the discs even though they were pretty immaculate to begin with. Black Ops and Mass Effect have been just sitting in their cases for years no scratches or damage to discs at all. Hope the laser isn't going bad. Haven't had any problems with that since replacing like 5 PS2s back in the day due to disc read errors although I did smoke way to much trees back then which I'm sure didn't help.

sangreal

Anyone have any ideas why my X1 wont play any of my 360 bc discs? It plays all my X1 discs fine and my 360 plays the discs that the X1 wont play just fine. I can hear it start to spin the disc then it just stops after about a half a second but when I put in an X1 disc it spins and reads them as normal. It's a day 1 edition I've had since day 1 and I'm in the preview program as well if that helps out with any ideas why it may be happening. I've hard reset and cleaned the discs even though they were pretty immaculate to begin with. Black Ops and Mass Effect have been just sitting in their cases for years no scratches or damage to discs at all. Hope the laser isn't going bad. Haven't had any problems with that since replacing like 5 PS2s back in the day due to disc read errors although I did smoke way to much trees back then which I'm sure didn't help.

xbox one does not play any games from disc... if you put in a 360 disc it checks the licesne and downloads it from the xbox store. Are you saying it won't even recognize the disc? In that case, I would definitely contact support

MrNelson

Banned
I asked this in the new OT, but it doesn't really seem to be moving, so I'll ask here

Does anyone know if the PS3 version is as riddled with hackers as MW1 and MW2 are? I'm debating whether or not to get this, but I'd rather not have to lose the 5 prestiges and have to repurchase the map packs I had over there

StillEdge

Is there a reason why the Resurrection map pack is showing ready to download in the Xbox One when I never purchased the map pack on the 360? If I install it, will they charge me for the DLC pack?
Lol I have the exact opposite problem. I bought the dlc but it's not showing up on my Xbox.

Sh0k

Lol I have the exact opposite problem. I bought the dlc but it's not showing up on my Xbox.

For the DLC to show up in the Xbox One, select Black Ops and press start to manage the game, there under add-ons, you'll be able to select the DLC packs and download them into your Xbox One.

StillEdge

For the DLC to show up in the Xbox One, select Black Ops and press start to manage the game, there under add-ons, you'll be able to select the DLC packs and download them into your Xbox One.
Oh I know I got the other three. I had the season pass.

thenameDS

Can't buy this on my Xbox one.. I have $26 in my US account. When I try to buy it on the browser using VPN it still asks me to pay in £ :(

xbox one does not play any games from disc... if you put in a 360 disc it checks the licesne and downloads it from the xbox store. Are you saying it won't even recognize the disc? In that case, I would definitely contact support
Yea thats what I mean it wont recognize the disc. I put it in can hear it start to spin it then stops. Most of the time I it doesn't even give the error msg that says" eject disc and try again make sure you are using a Xbox 1 blue ray or dvd disc" I would say not even close to a quarter of the time that actually pops up and sometimes when it does its not til minutes later. Ive tried to go to game hub and launch game from there with disc in made sure it didn't stash it away in my games and apps and still no luck. Tried all digital bc games they work fine all others on disc are giving me problems all X1 discs work fine as well. This has me stumped. Im leaning towards it being something with the os as opposed to the laser lens or something like that since X1 discs work and it doesnt always give error msg. I know theyre 2 seperate disc types but they should be read the same right? If it reads X1 discs it should read 360 discs as well or is it possible to have problems reading one supported format but not another? Guess I will contact support but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

I guess all the multiplayer progression is stored server side, because i have all my load outs and even my emblem from 6 years ago. This is great.

Bread

Banned
I guess all the multiplayer progression is stored server side, because i have all my load outs and even my emblem from 6 years ago. This is great.
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised to see my emblem again. Game feels great outside of some small connection problems in random games.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised to see my emblem again. Game feels great outside of some small connection problems in random games.

There seems to be allot of input lag when compared to Blops3, which i jumped back into after a few matches of Blops1. It seems to take a little bit to reload after hitting X appose to Blops3 where its instant. I don't know if this was an issue back then that i just didnt notice, or if its an emulation issue. But it is without a doubt noticeable.

Welp, people will still vote for Nuketown whenever its up for vote, I even played it three times in a row last night, as the random option after playing 2x hit nuketown. I thought that wasnt supposed to happen.

I don't believe Black Ops 1 had a season pass though. Black Ops II did have a season pass though.

All carries over. It's 360 emulation on the Xbox One, so nothing changes ;)

I was under the impression multiplayer progress was still saved locally at this point in the series. Thanks! Having to grind everything again does not sound appealing lol

StillEdge

I don't believe Black Ops 1 had a season pass though. Black Ops II did have a season pass though.
You are right. I'm completely wrong. I assumed Moon was accession and I just watched gameplay of Moon and was thinking I have never played this map. Lol. 🙈

shanafan

Welp, people will still vote for Nuketown whenever its up for vote, I even played it three times in a row last night, as the random option after playing 2x hit nuketown. I thought that wasnt supposed to happen.

I had quite the opposite last night. All votes for Havana, none for Nuketown!

Top Bottom