• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Director Interview (IGN)

tesqui

Man, all I really want is the world design of Dark Souls 1. The feeling of going down that elevator for the first time to realize the world is really connected was amazing.

usp84

Oh, well that's handy.

Demon's Souls multiplayer was great. You put your sign down behind some barrels, tell your friend about it, and you'd be summoned in a second.

Somehow, Dark Souls's multiplayer was fucked out the gate. You'd have to perform a bloody ritual any time you hoped to get summoned by a friend, and it usually never worked. Even summoning random people often failed. This was never remedied until the Dark Souls Connectivity Fix on PC.

Did these problems appears at launch on consoles?Because when i first played Dark Souls 1,5 year ago i had very little problem playing with a friend of mine like the way you describe.

tcrunch

Did these problems appears at launch on consoles?Because when i first played Dark Souls 1,5 year ago i had very little problem playing with a friend of mine like the way you describe.

They are talking about PC. PS3 at least was fine, though I remember it took a couple minutes for my friend's sign to appear sometimes.

Yes, I had enormous problems.

There was a ritual.. these theories people had online about how to best play with friends. If you put the sign down, and it didn't appear in a couple seconds, you should spam it repeatedly until it shows up. You should try doing things like sitting at bonfires, exiting to menu, running to the next signs spawn area.... weird stuff.. and everyone had something different to say.

Eventually I'd manage to play with friends this way, but for some reason, the three of us couldn't connect all at the same time.

It was very annoying.

sublimit

Banned
Man i can't believe i missed that interview.I just love how humble Miyazaki is (like how the vast majority of Japanese developers also are to be fair) regardless of his already huge impact in the industry.This is a culture aspect of course but i prefer this mentality over the overblown egos of (some) western game developers.

Very interesting bits about his game design inspirations as well.

Top Bottom