• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg Poll: Hillary Clinton more unpopular than Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horns

That wind can go any direction though.

I was with Clinton on day one. I remember how excited I was for her when she put up the announcement on YouTube. Then that Bernie guy came out of nowhere, and I just loved his platform and grassroots campaign better. It just happens.

Don't understand why people cannot like both. Crazy how it has to be one or the other when they were similar on so many issues.

Mael

If I was a democratic candidate I wouldn't let her anywhere near my campaign.

I only with the DNC would distance themselves as well.

Hopefully Clinton's unlikeability doesn't cause too much harm the progression of democratic ideals.

that really worked well for Dems in 2010 with Obama.

And it ain't just The Right. Right now the specturm feels like there's a far left and far right, and everyone in the middle is made to feel like absolute shit for not being in either camp. We got what we deserved IMO.

Given your posts about Hillary supporting Pelosi and Manchin in this thread and that other post linked by Slackerish, do you seriously not get that you're still contributing to that?

I would say your assumption is correct. As much as I hate that man, I am incredibly upset at the campaign she ran and her loss unfortunately led to his win. I know it is heartless, but I never want to hear or see her, or any clinton, ever again after this last election.

Thanks, Mother Russia for the fake news.

This isn't a very productive study or thing to talk about anymore. First of all, it introduces further unrest in the Democratic party and avoids the big issue the Democrats should focus on: making gains in 2018 and vetting a president for 2020.

Yes, she lost. Yes, she ran a lazy campaign. But it's not worth continuing to pile on her.

ApharmdX

Banned
And it ain't just The Right. Right now the specturm feels like there's a far left and far right, and everyone in the middle is made to feel like absolute shit for not being in either camp. We got what we deserved IMO.

This feels like "Both Sides Are the Same". There are a lot of Americans on the far right, including basically every major Republican politician right now. The American far left is fairly small and I think it's a stretch to say that the far left is even represented in great number among mainstream Democrats.

Sorry to pick on your but I don't think this is a fair stance.

Beartruck

I would say your assumption is correct. As much as I hate that man, I am incredibly upset at the campaign she ran and her loss unfortunately led to his win. I know it is heartless, but I never want to hear or see her, or any clinton, ever again after this last election.
My stance entirely and I voted for her. Beating Trump should've been a layup.

legacyzero

Banned
Don't understand why people cannot like both. Crazy how it has to be one or the other when they were similar on so many issues.
But they really weren't. I mean they were both left on the specturm sure, but Hillary is clearly more moderate. Especially on Health Care.

Given your posts about Hillary supporting Pelosi and Manchin in this thread and that other post linked by Slackerish, do you seriously not get that you're still contributing to that?
????

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I fucking loathe the attitude of "America got what it deserved" by Tump winning. Fuck that noise.

Well, I for one like her less knowing that she was the last person standing to stop Trump, but she barely campaigned, didn't campaign in key places like WI, and generally screwed around in hindsight. So yeah, every day I wake up with President Trump, she bears the most blame.

Fuck that, she didn't do everything right but she did enough in a sane world to trash that buffoon. She humiliated him in the debates, she out-fund-raised him, she presented coherent proposals to counter his gibberish, she behaved with class and humanity when he behaved like a shit slinging gibbon. And the American people still looked at both choices and picked Trump. Trump voters bear the blame. And third party and non-voters. And Russia to a still undisclosed degree.

legacyzero

Banned
I fucking loathe the attitude of "America got what it deserved" by Tump winning. Fuck that noise.
Inconvenient Truths aren't meant to be liked. But the systematic flaws during the entire election season led to Trump. It's just how it is. I don't like it either.
Holy fuck we're still in the primary.
I see this complaint a lot. I even got banned for it once with a message saying "stop talking about the Primary."

I don't understand this sentiment at all. You'd think people would want to reflect on the mistakes made in an effort to find common ground, and attack the next election with lessons learned.

Or don't we care to learn why we got obliterated?

Abelard

Why are we still talking about Hillary Clinton? She is ultimately a footnote of politics and history, we will remember her as the person who lost to Donald Trump and nothing more.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Why are we still talking about Hillary Clinton? She is ultimately a footnote of politics and history, we will remember her as the person who lost to Donald Trump and nothing more.

Jesus thats brutal when you think about it. Wife of a nearly impeached president and loser to Donald Trump. I mean in terms of "this is how you will be remembered by history" that's a pretty bad hand.

You're complaining about the very thing that you're still contributing to in this thread. I'll break it down.

You were acting like Hillary supporting people like Pelosi and Manchin was a bad thing, and you've repeatedly said that the latter two aren't really on the left, which means that you're one of the people who is making people in the center feel like shit. You're complaining about yourself!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Jesus thats brutal when you think about it. Wife of a nearly impeached president and loser to Donald Trump. I mean in terms of "this is how you will be remembered by history" that's a pretty bad hand.

Secretary of State & Senator don't make the bill?

legacyzero

Banned
You're complaining about the very thing that you're still contributing to in this thread. I'll break it down.

You were acting like Hillary supporting people like Pelosi and Manchin was a bad thing, and you've repeatedly said that the latter two aren't really on the left, which means that you're one of the people who is making people in the center feel like shit. You're complaining about yourself!
That's a total false equivalence. I'm complaining about to Corporate Democrats who are poisonous to the party in he current political landscape. Not voters.

I feel like Hillary will, in fact, be well-remembered by history. She's too much of a female trailblazer in so many respects to not get positive treatment in the history books, regardless of today's popularity polls.

JWiLL

Banned
I don't see why anyone is surprised that her approval is even lower now - most of what I've heard about her response to losing the election was to place blame elsewhere, even on her staff.

When you need your team to poll on how to be more "likable" you're probably part of the problem.

Except for that thing where Hillary had realistic detailed proposals and Bernie had pie in the sky freebie programs that had people licking their chops but would never, ever work. Bernie is just a left-wing Trump, another bullshitter who tells people whatever they want to hear.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Fuck that, she didn't do everything right but she did enough in a sane world to trash that buffoon. She humiliated him in the debates, she out-fund-raised him, she presented coherent proposals to counter his gibberish, she behaved with class and humanity when he behaved like a shit slinging gibbon. And the American people still looked at both choices and picked Trump. Trump voters bear the blame. And third party and non-voters. And Russia to a still undisclosed degree.

100% this

Keri

Blaming Hillary for losing, in a democratic election is the stupidest fucking thing. She lost because of voters and even if she made mistakes campaigning, all voters had the ability to learn about her proposed policies, themselves. We're basically blaming her for not saving people from themselves.

As a Brit my opinion doesn't mean anything and while Clinton is clearly better than Trump it doesn't change the fact that she is also an untrustworthy, self+establishment serving politician who is mainly concerned with her legacy and I'm not at all surprised by these results.

The fact many of her supporters can't seem to appreciate that you can dislike more than one person at a time without forgiving one of them because they are better than the other always confuses me.

Should people have voted her over Trump? Of course but that doesn't mean she is a good pick in of itself.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Blaming Hillary for losing, in a democratic election is the stupidest fucking thing. She lost because of voters and even if she made mistakes campaigning, all voters had the ability to learn about her proposed policies, themselves. We're basically blaming her for not saving people from themselves.

Yeah, I've said this over and over again. There's a reason voters are supposed to be adults, not babies. That they want to shift responsibility when they had ONE job, they had ONE thing to do to prevent Trump from being president, and failed to do so... yeah.

Well, yeah. She lost. People don't like people who lose. And that's before you factor in the 20 year smear campaign.

How is this thread 7 pages?

She wont be remembered for that. how many Secretary of states do you remember off the top of your head?

the string of them that became presidents in the 19th century, webster, seward, hull, kissinger, and every single one since 1997

but then i'm a huge nerd. most of my less politically astute friends would probably only remember the last four

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
And this is way US's issues are much deeper than just Trump.

Republicans have it actually pretty easy as their voters don't search perfection. All they need to do is to push the others to fight among themselves. Left wing vs. centre. They can do that so damn easy.

Toxi

Banned
To be fair, saving people from themselves is basically what us Democrats are always trying to do.

I don't understand this sentiment at all. You'd think people would want to reflect on the mistakes made in an effort to find common ground, and attack the next election with lessons learned.

Or don't we care to learn why we got obliterated?

It's been over 8 months now.
Furthermore, we're currently living under an administration that is trying to fuck us over everyday. With everything that's happening, I'm surprised that people still have the time and energy to think about Clinton.

Keri

Yeah, I've said this over and over again. There's a reason voters are supposed to be adults, not babies. That they want to shift responsibility when they had ONE job, they had ONE thing to do to prevent Trump from being president, and failed to do so... yeah.

Yup, this is just more of the same "women are actually responsible for every wrong thing ever" bullshit we always see. She's somehow more responsible than the actual voters who voted for Trump. I guess they just couldn't help themselves, because of how she campaigned...or something?

To be fair, saving people from themselves is basically what us Democrats are always trying to do.

Yeah, but you can't save someone from a ledge, if they slap your hand away.

Gaf is the only place obsessed with Hillary, even those of us that see trump as the devil still don't like her and if youre black I really don't get liking her

Magwik

Banned

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
This isn't a very productive study or thing to talk about anymore. First of all, it introduces further unrest in the Democratic party and avoids the big issue the Democrats should focus on: making gains in 2018 and vetting a president for 2020.

Yes, she lost. Yes, she ran a lazy campaign. But it's not worth continuing to pile on her.

Considering the OP's posting history, I'm not surprised.

legacyzero

Banned
They voted the same 93% of the time during the 2 years they overlapped in Congress. It's not really debatable unless you want to cherry pick points and claim they're the most important.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/...mples-hillary-clinton-and-bernie-sanders-hol/
I mean, sure, if two years are the compass you're going by, and let's not conveniently forget what her positions were during the Primary. I think what was primarily being questions was also her consistency and principles. For instance, she supported TPP all the way up to the Primary. Then denounced it as Bernie came out against it. Stances like "improving" Obamacare, which itself arguably isn't as good as it could be. Now in a country where 60% of those polled support Single Payer. Again, I agree with you that they voted similarly, but I don't necessarily think that's what we were debating.

Good article on the subject.

That's the fucking problem with Democrats. They mistake weakness for pragmatism. They mistake pandering for savvy. They always seem to imagine that the closer they edge to Republican policy positions, the more votes they will inevitably capture, due to math. They—the establishment, the ones in control, with all of the plugs plugged into the current power grid—are unable to imagine a world in which they lead voters to their side with bold, progressive policies, and by telling the truth. That is considered hopelessly unrealistic by the circle of operatives that helped to lose to Donald Trump. The entire apparatus of Democratic operatives who spent decades accumulating power, riding their way up through the Bill Clinton and Obama administrations, are still there. And they did their best in 2016. And here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom