• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Apparently a controlled explosion occurred at 3:53 pm, about an hour after the initial two. Are we to assume this was a case of the police locating an active explosive left by the bombers and detonating it? It's just weird that hardly anyone was talking about this.

Boston-Globe-Twitter-April-15-2013.jpg

Everyone was talking about it at the time. They said they were going to be blowing up suspect packages throughout the day and not to read into it. I think they later said they never found anything (I know they found no devices, but I dont know if they detonated anything). There was a lot of bad reporting at the time

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alex Jones reporter is using a megaphone in the background on CNN.
Someone on reddit

[–]MagicCan 2321 points 42 minutes ago
Oh my gosh.... I've seen both of these men. I work at a motel 6 in Massachusetts. I think saw them yesterday checking in. How do I give this information to the FBI?

read the thread. Seems fake from the users post history.

Camp Lo

Banned
What makes you think they're still in the country? It's been a while. They could be anywhere by now.

They haven't had more than a few hours of a head start if that. As much as I shit on LE, they assimilate information quick as fuck when terrorism plays a part. If they're out of the country, we really dropped the ball with a decade!! of training.

GavinGT

Banned
Everyone was talking about it at the time. They said they were going to be blowing up suspect packages throughout the day and not to read into it. I think they later said they never found anything (I know they found no devices, but I dont know if they detonated anything). There was a lot of bad reporting at the time

That makes sense. I guess I thought "controlled explosion" implied the existence of an explosive device not supplied by the bomb squad.

statham

God ‏@TheTweetOfGod 48m

If you're one of the two bombing "suspects" caught on the video just shown by the FBI, this would probably be a good time to kill yourself.
Details
Love god.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey guys - linking a Youtube video produced by a banned site because you can't linked the banned site is still linking the banned site, so let's please not do that.

You can hear that Peter Griffin sounding InfoWars guy on CNN now, he's shouting on a megaphone over the reporters. Those guys are insane.

For all the talk here about some people "hoping" these suspects are of one persuasion or another, I'm personally hoping they're InfoWars nuts.

RiZ III

The guy in the white cap seems to have a beard from what I can tell.

130418180116-fbi-suspects-2-c1-main.jpg

Looks like the typical beard I see on younger Muslim guys =/ Being a Muslim, I'll be so fucking pissed if this guy is Muslim. Beat his ass myself.

Insane Metal

Gold Member

Looks like the typical beard I see on younger Muslim guys =/ Being a Muslim, I'll be so fucking pissed if this guy is Muslim. Beat his ass myself.

Yep it does.

At first I thought it was a wire from headphones or something like that...

I've seen those goatee/beards around here on people.

Linkhero1

Seems that way to me. I'm going to be severely disappointed because the outcome of it will be bad. :(

Jesus christ. This seems.... unsettling post. Sounds a little close to hate speech. I mean... right?

Uhyve

Jesus christ. This seems.... unsettling post. Sounds a little close to hate speech. I mean... right?
Not really, styles being popular among different groups isn't unheard of. Doesn't nessessarily confirm any group either, which is what that post seems to be saying.

East Lake

I can see how it looks like a beard but it also kinda looks like a dark piece of the background. The resolution is so terrible it's hard to know.

stufte

pretty sure the dark patch at the bottom of his chin is the building in the bg:

nobeard.jpg

and the rest is just a shadow.

RiZ III

I can see how it looks like a beard but it also kinda looks like a dark piece of the background. The resolution is so terrible it's hard to know.

I hope so =/

edit: I think I'm seeing what I want/fear. I'll take my own advice and just wait for them to find them.

Linkhero1

Eh it is probably best not to speculate and leave it up to the authorities. I feel pretty bad watching that video and reading the articles, the guy looks like he was suffering from depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom