• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

brand new Uncharted 4 trailer at the Star Wars: The Force Awakens

zsynqx

Uncharted 3 shipped 3.8 million on day 1, Halo 5 would have a hard time hitting that number by the time UC4 launches, that's assuming UC4 shows absolutely no growth at all.

They won't need to? Uncharted 3 sold significantly better and faster than TLOU. That would be like sticking "from the creator of Zone of the Enders" in Kojima's next game.

Err didn't TLOU sell more at NPD first month and I am fairly certain it has sold more LTD. Also it is actually a good game so they would want more
association with it. :p

Err didn't TLOU sell more at NPD first month and I am fairly certain it has sold more LTD. Also it is actually a good game so they would want more

It did outsell UC3 first month NPD. LTD is around 10 million I think, not sure which one is more.

As for the last bit, meet me somewhere!

Gonna have to close my eyes for this. They've showed too much on this game imo.

They haven't shown much at all, IMO. A couple of character conversations, and then the big lengthy chase sequence at E3.

Unless I missed a ton of trailers, I don't think we've seen much of the actual game world.

What? That's pretty big news right here. New thread? Just kidding but would be awesome if someone like Mr.Waltz gets casted for the next ND game
TLOU2?
. Was always a fan of Waltz even way before he became famous with Inglourious Bastards. Just let Neil's charm do the work and he will sign in a heartbeat I guess ;)

Haha Waltz in a video game would be amazing. ND should definitely get on that.

zsynqx

They haven't shown much at all, IMO. A couple of character conversations, and then the big lengthy chase sequence at E3.

Unless I missed a ton of trailers, I don't think we've seen much of the actual game world.

We also got a demo at PSX last year. In terms of story we know very little though.

eso76

They said it's going to be the longest Uncharted, but 20h sounds doubtful. I'm thinking 12h, versus the ~8h of UC2.

Edit: Of course, there's going to be some extra replayability thanks to those alternate paths they mentioned.

Doh, I thought it took me almost 20hrs to beat U2 and 3 and I remember around 7 for UC1 but memory is probably deceiving me.
Yeah, probably more like 12.
I do remember that they 'felt' long anyway, because they were packed with different locations and stuff

Anyone else feel like ND might be going overboard with exposure UC3 style now?
Hell no. The only thing they didn't show of UC3 before release was the lost city, and maybe part of the ship graveyard and Syria (which wasn't that special anyway). They definitely showed off every big setpiece except for the convoy.

So far for 4, we've seen two sequences, and only one was really setpiece-like.

Uncharted 3 shipped 3.8 million on day 1, Halo 5 would have a hard time hitting that number by the time UC4 launches, that's assuming UC4 shows absolutely no growth at all.

They won't need to? Uncharted 3 sold significantly better and faster than TLOU. That would be like sticking "from the creator of Zone of the Enders" in Kojima's next game.
No it didn't. TLOU has sold more copies.

Alo0oy

Banned

NPD is a very small market for Naughty Dog games, Uncharted 3 shipped 3.8 million first day, it took TLOU 3 weeks to hit 3.4 million. Uncharted 3 sold 5 million in its first month, it took TLOU an entire year to hit 6 million & a PS4 remaster to hit 8 million, meanwhile UC3 probably passed 8 million ~5 months after launch.

zsynqx

NPD is a very small market for Naughty Dog games, Uncharted 3 shipped 3.8 million first day, it took TLOU 3 weeks to hit 3.4 million. Uncharted 3 sold 5 million in its first month, it took TLOU an entire year to hit 6 million & a PS4 remaster to hit 8 million, meanwhile UC3 probably passed 8 million ~5 months after launch.

I would like some sources for the UC3 numbers.

Also TLOU sold 7 million before remaster
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=856045

zsynqx

That's the thing though, TLOU sold 7 million on PS3, that's the franchise average for Uncharted, including the first which sold like shit (dragging the average down), and the fact that UC3 doubled UC2's debut sales.

I'll give you sources when I'm on my PC.

I await these sources

Papacheeks

Banned
I mean, I think it will sell really well, undoubtedly be the best-seller in the Uncharted series and unquestionably the biggest first party PS4 release to date, but you think it will sell more than Halo 5's total up to that point (so, about six months?) in one week?! Even if Halo 5 has slipped a lot from its heyday, that's still going to be probably ~5 million units. I couldn't get behind a prediction like that.

I never said that, I was betting that Uncharted would sell more in a month which is what I was going off of. So Halo 5 vs Uncharted 4 month to month.

Not uncharted 4 sales for one week or month against the 4 month's halo's had time to sell. That's crazy. I'm just saying Uncharted's first month will be more than Halo 5's first month sales.

That's the bet.

zsynqx

I never said that, I was betting that Uncharted would sell more in a month which is what I was going off of. So Halo 5 vs Uncharted 4 month to month.

Not uncharted 4 sales for one week or month against the 4 month's halo's had time to sell. That's crazy. I'm just saying Uncharted's first month will be more than Halo 5's first month sales.

That's the bet.

WW or US? WW seems like a fairly safe bet but U.S. could go either way.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Just saw it. Probably a shortened version. CGI, and Nate talking about his legacy, how he'll be remembered

You gon come in here, say shit like that and just leave...?

d2f536a973082e992c5fcf8804c5106a.480x360x1.jpg

Give us the details!!! What is the context?

You gon come in here, say shit like that and just leave...?

d2f536a973082e992c5fcf8804c5106a.480x360x1.jpg
Sorry, just got out of the movie

Basically it starts with the scene from the image, with Nate diving for the coin as he's getting shot at. Then it switches to a moment in the jungle where Sam is clinging to/falling from a cliff as Nate desperately reaches for him. Over the scenes is Nate talking about how people only know him as the treasure hunter, but that's not who he is, not how he'll be remembered. Paraphrasing, don't recall his exact words

But this seemed like a shortened TV spot version (it was shown during the "commercials" before the previews); I bet the full trailer will be longer

Memento

Basically it starts with the scene from the image, with Nate diving for the coin as he's getting shot at. Then it switches to a moment in the jungle where Sam is clinging to/falling from a cliff as Nate desperately reaches for him. Over the scenes is Nate talking about how people only know him as the treasure hunter, but that's not who he is, not how he'll be remembered. Paraphrasing, don't recall his exact words

But this seemed like a shortened TV spot version (it was shown during the "commercials" before the previews); I bet the full trailer will be longer

Niceeee! Thanks, mate! I am excited to see it.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

Damn. That sounds intense.

Can't wait.

dzelly

Saw it this morning and there was no trailer. Was kind of disappointed. It was at an AMC theater. Maybe they didn't have a deal with that chain?

I'm upset that this wasn't in my theatre yesterday. Prolly going to see this movie again tho so oh well

EDIT: No spoilers, but the movie was reallllly good and surprisingly funny too!

BiGBoSSMk23

There was some Uncharted promo but it's easy to miss if you don't get there early. It's not part of the standard previews.

Oh so it's not even in an undercard spot.

Lame.

That's next to nothing in terms of exposure.

Hell, more Halo 5 mentions here than U4 lol

Top Bottom