• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Jinko

Tried to get the OS specific monster from the facebook code and i'm getting an error message saying that I can't participate in this campaign anymore today. Anyone else getting something similar? Also getting that for the metal god thing.

Yea if you put it in incorrectly the first time it locks you out until the next day, really weird.

chrono01

Alrighty, entered in your friend code too!
Thanks! I received my Metal God [x2], did you? I wish you luck in the Fusing process.

I think I'll wait until this weekend [and I earn more Zel] before I use them, in addition to the ones I have. I'm hoping for a Super/Great Success. >:)

colinp

Banned
Thanks! I received my Metal God [x2], did you? I wish you luck in the Fusing process.

I think I'll wait until this weekend [and I earn more Zel] before I use them, in addition to the ones I have. I'm hoping for a Super/Great Success. >:)

The google doc is meant to be for members only, not just lurkers, that's why it's embedded in the thread. Can you edit it out of your response?

chrono01

The google doc is meant to be for members only, not just lurkers, that's why it's embedded in the thread. Can you edit it out of your response?
Sure thing, sorry about that. Will edit right away. And done!

But it seems as though it's already been quoted. If you could please edit out that quote, Pbae, it would be greatly appreciated.

Terribly sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

Other than this and PAD (which doesn't work on my phone) what other games are there that are on the same level as PAD and BF? Like with lots of drops and a variety of cool creatures.

ReaperXL7

Other than this and PAD (which doesn't work on my phone) what other games are there that are on the same level as PAD and BF? Like with lots of drops and a variety of cool creatures.

Don't know if your on android or IOS, but check out tower of saviors

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madhead.tos.en

It's probably my most played mobile game other then Brave.

Example of some minions.
screenshot_2014-03-01zor4x.png

screenshot_2014-03-01a2uyu.png

screenshot_2014-03-01xjfpb.png

Plays very similar to PAD and has a ton of content. They give out diamonds for cards pulls very regularly so you don't even really need to spend money unless you want to.

Don't know if your on android or IOS, but check out tower of saviors

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madhead.tos.en

It's probably my most played mobile game other then Brave.

Example of some minions.

Plays very similar to PAD and has a ton of content. They give out diamonds for cards pulls very regularly so you don't even really need to spend money unless you want to.

Sorry, I should have noted I have an Android device.

Definitely going to check this game out, thanks!

I remember wanting to try out Tower of Saviors, but on iOS, the English version is nowhere to be found? At least on the NA App Store.

If you're willing to go JP, Dragon Poker is pure hype incarnate
nph3lbw.jpg

I also had a lot of fun with Monster Strike at first, although late-endgame is currently lacking a bit in content. Probably gonna drop it soon.
myqE8r0.jpg

Marvelous

Anybody using a leader with a Thief Bracer? I want to try and farm for some blood pelts. I didn't get a single one yesterday, lol.

Lockon

Anyone got any character BB level up to 10? I'm trying but all my characters stuck at level 7 or 8. Its taking too much money and time too. I rather max my characters level and do frontier hunter.

The M.O.B

Yeah, I am not messing with the arena until they add strategy and less need to cherrypick opponents.

Let me at least give a general strategy as to what I want my team to focus or not focus on. When my top guy has his all attack BB with 5 enemies still on the field , no reason he shouldn't use it :/

Terrible design

Jinko

Anyone got any character BB level up to 10? I'm trying but all my characters stuck at level 7 or 8. Its taking too much money and time too. I rather max my characters level and do frontier hunter.

My current highest is also stuck on 7 it looks like it gets progressively harder to skill up the higher you go :(

colinp

Banned
My current highest is also stuck on 7 it looks like it gets progressively harder to skill up the higher you go :(

Yeah I'm stuck on lvl 7, too. I've only got one char that is in his final evo so it makes trying to level his BB much more manageable.

Hi guys just started the game a few hours ago and added myself as well to the google doc list, the VP vibe is definitely strong in this one although not quite as deep as VP but still fun nonetheless. =)

So the game doesn't track if you are in a dungeon if you quit the program. It'll basically act like you never entered it, including items and stamina I believe. So if you are getting crushed by a boss, just close the program (via task manager or whatever) and start it over.

This also works for the Arena, if you are going to lose...close the program. It won't count as a loss, but will still eat an Arena orb. I'm guessing this is how some of the higher people are going 9X-0 or some shit.

I'm sure it'll get patched, but take advantage while you can!

chrono01

So the game doesn't track if you are in a dungeon if you quit the program. It'll basically act like you never entered it, including items and stamina I believe. So if you are getting crushed by a boss, just close the program (via task manager or whatever) and start it over.

This also works for the Arena, if you are going to lose...close the program. It won't count as a loss, but will still eat an Arena orb. I'm guessing this is how some of the higher people are going 9X-0 or some shit.

Seems like an easy way to abuse Metal Parade/Jewel King runs. Progress to the final floor and, if you're not happy with your drops, close the program and repeat. That is, of course, if your Energy is indeed returned to you.

Lockon

If you do it in Arena often, they lock orbs so it doesn't regenerate until you level up your rank.

I'm having no luck capturing Alma, I can only handle lvl 2 runs so that's probably not helping my chances.

Edit: Just after posting I tried lvl 2 twice more and grabbed a Anima Atro! He's classed as a stater right?

Jinko

Seems like an easy way to abuse Metal Parade/Jewel King runs. Progress to the final floor and, if you're not happy with your drops, close the program and repeat. That is, of course, if your Energy is indeed returned to you.

Yup, but then you wana be careful with this kind of stuff, if they detect a pattern they will ban your ass.

Interesting, hadn't even tried that. I more found out on accident because I usually enter a dungeon and then quit the game to not waste stamina like with PAD.

Guess it doesn't work the same

If you do it in Arena often, they lock orbs so it doesn't regenerate until you level up your rank.

Really? Havn't see that yet, may be ranking up too fast to notice though.

Shouta

Just started messing around with this. It seems pretty interesting. If someone wants to add me my code is 6560025718 it seems.

Noirulus

I've been getting into this game a lot more lately. It's pretty fun.

Would anyone like to trade Metal God referrals?

Jinko

Tried it twice, you get your items back but lose the energy it seems, so its worth doing if you get to a boss and it all goes shit I guess :p

Doesn't look like I'll be getting an Alma >.> she just won't drop for me and its starting to make me not want to play the game.

Phades

Tried it twice, you get your items back but lose the energy it seems, so its worth doing if you get to a boss and it all goes shit I guess :p

Doesn't look like I'll be getting an Alma >.> she just won't drop for me and its starting to make me not want to play the game.

More painful farming than that exists elsewhere in the game... Of course you could always attempt lv3 difficulty expecting to wipe out at the end, then use a gem to continue to most likely get Alma (although there is some risk here). This would be opposed to dropping 5 gems in the lottery and maybe getting something you want, but also potentially getting stuff you already have at an equal or lower teir starting or something counter element that isn't as useful.

It just depends on where you place your "value" at. I was stuck for a while because I couldn't beat a totem course until I basically said screw it and dropped a gem to continue and now I am advancing again. It is relative.

chrono01

Yup, but then you wana be careful with this kind of stuff, if they detect a pattern they will ban your ass.
No worries there. Personally I don't enjoy using exploits in games, since it removes that rewarding feeling you get when you earn something in the correct manner. Just saying that it might be a use for some, but not me personally. :)

Thanks for testing it, I guess there goes my theory.

Phades

BBLv is based off chance, not exp, so there's no guarantee you'll get your BBLv, You could get 3 in a row, or you could go 100 units without getting one.
As of right now it's believe elemental type doesn't effect BBLv chances or if it does it's not enough to be notable. Same story with fusing 1 at a time vs fusing 5 at a time, it seems roughly the same in most tests that have been done. Most prefer to do 1 at a time however.

What is the word on multiple BBlvs being pushed on a single fusion? Is it a function test of each unit added to the fusion, or is it just a range modifier like BBLV=UP 1~3?

For reference, I typically use multiple critters in fusion whenever I hit the button. I saw it go from 1->3 the last time I fed my earth lance character (he still needs to evolve one more time so it doesn't really help much at this point...).

Jinko

More painful farming than that exists elsewhere in the game... Of course you could always attempt lv3 difficulty expecting to wipe out at the end, then use a gem to continue to most likely get Alma (although there is some risk here). This would be opposed to dropping 5 gems in the lottery and maybe getting something you want, but also potentially getting stuff you already have at an equal or lower teir starting or something counter element that isn't as useful.

It just depends on where you place your "value" at. I was stuck for a while because I couldn't beat a totem course until I basically said screw it and dropped a gem to continue and now I am advancing again. It is relative.

Yea I already spend a lot on PAD, I can't justify buying gems on this too lol

chrono01

Yea I already spend a lot on PAD, I can't justify buying gems on this too lol
Same.

It's unfortunate how few free Gems Brave Frontier gives you, though, in comparison to Puzzle & Dragons. It seems like every week or so P&D has an event going on that gives free Magic Stones, but since starting Brave Frontier I haven't gotten even one [outside of the one awarded for linking a Facebook account]. It's making me very hesitant to use the ones I have.

Same.

It's unfortunate how few free Gems Brave Frontier gives you, though, in comparison to Puzzle & Dragons. It seems like every week or so P&D has an event going on that gives free Magic Stones, but since starting Brave Frontier I haven't gotten even one [outside of the one awarded for linking a Facebook account]. It's making me very hesitant to use the ones I have.

Back when PAD first came android/US....events happened few and VERY far between. MAYBE once a month. I'm sure it'll pick up slightly, probably won't ever get to PAD levels though.

Back when PAD first came android/US....events happened few and VERY far between. MAYBE once a month. I'm sure it'll pick up slightly, probably won't ever get to PAD levels though.
It was actually more fun that way, since resource management actually mattered. Now you really have to just choose which dungeons to play and which to skip, unless you feel like dropping lots of money.

chrono01

Sounds good!

I wasn't able to get into P&D from release, since it wasn't initially available in Canada, but I'm glad to hear that there's at least some hope that the frequency of events/free Gems might pick up.

colinp

Banned
It was actually more fun that way, since resource management actually mattered. Now you really have to just choose which dungeons to play and which to skip, unless you feel like dropping lots of money.

Ehhhhhh I disagree. Nothing so soul crushing as saving up your gems for the once in a blue moon Godfest only to pull shit and so wait for the next once in a blue moon Godfest to try again and hope for the best. Waiting two or so weeks is MUCH better.

Uthred

Any point upgrading units that dont go to 4 or 5 star? It costs so much zel and so many units to upgrade stuff

Noirulus

Yesss! I managed to acquire 5 gems again after dungeon grinding, and got the 4* Pixy Royal Leore from the Rare Summon machine! He's got a kickass leader skill and nice stats :D

Any point upgrading units that dont go to 4 or 5 star? It costs so much zel and so many units to upgrade stuff

I evo'd Zaza to his 3* and he's just not that great. Definitely wasn't worth spending 50k gold for the evo and whatever gold+exp it cost me to max his 2* version.

chrono01

This just occurred to me. I need to level/evolve five Merith to two-star, level them up completely, and then find a five-star Aem. The Frontier Hunter is only around for a few more days, and I need this team to so I can obtain that Medulla Gem. I have three Merith now, as well as the materials to evolve them, I just need the XP. Capturing two more Merith shouldn't be that difficult, she seems to drop pretty much all of the time [Egor Snowfield, second stage].

The strategy is:

When you reach Juggernaut in Frontier Hunter, heal the first turn, then guard the second/third. On the fourth heal again, and then guard on the fifth [he'll use his Brave Burst dealing a lot of damage]. Afterwards, rinse/repeat until you get the 850,000+ points needed for the Medulla Gem.

This is only possible with Aem as your Friend, since it allows your BB Gauge to build without attacking [so you can heal]. It's effectively a "tank strategy", and will take a while to accomplish [around 4+ hours]. Even still, the Rewards for doing so are worth it apparently, since the Medulla Gem is arguably the best Sphere in the game right now [+20% to all stats].

I just hope I can get enough XP to accomplish this. ~_~

Jinko

I duno when this game first came out they were giving out a lot of gems because of server issues lol, its not the same thing as PAD but I miss getting gems or metal gods almost every day lol.

I guess this game would make no money if they gave them out like PAD though as there is a lesser need to use the gacha, in PAD if you don't have the right team you are screwed in this you can level up and struggle on.

They tend to rotate events back in quite quickly so I expect the Frontier Hunter to come around again, I'm not too worried at the moment.

colinp

Banned
I need idols from Paradise of the Fairies lvl 3 but having some trouble makin it through. Argh, not sure what to do as three or my team are at max level and unable to evolve without said idols, one is max evo so I'm trying to get his BB up (and he's still a high level and has great stats, especially compared with everyone else.) and the last has great stats and I can't imagine just leveling him will put me ahead. Hmmmmmmm, not sure where to go from here.

ReaperXL7

I need idols from Paradise of the Fairies lvl 3 but having some trouble makin it through. Argh, not sure what to do as three or my team are at max level and unable to evolve without said idols, one is max evo so I'm trying to get his BB up (and he's still a high level and has great stats, especially compared with everyone else.) and the last has great stats and I can't imagine just leveling him will put me ahead. Hmmmmmmm, not sure where to go from here.

All of my team are maxed and all 3 star units going for their 4th and I'm still having trouble with making it through myself. The best way is to make sure your stocked on potions, and try to either bring a great healer like Pheonix, or great tree. If you don't have either one try to find someone who does and friend them.

Top Bottom