• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default Twitter account teases new game

Fbh

Bravely-Tease_08-06-18-600x338.jpg

First, the account changed its name to “Bravely OOOOO.” In Japanese, those Os signify blank spaces that can be filled by characters.

Then, it tweeted: “It’s already been said, but – Octopath Traveler shipped one million units! Thank you so much! And now…!? Please keep your eye on the Square Enix 11th Business Division’s games in the future.”

The tweet includes the above artwork, which shows the Octopath Traveler one million shipments celebration artwork creating the shadow of a fairy.

Source: Gematsu

I'd be up for a new Bravely Default. Hopefully it's a new game and not just ports of the 2 previous games. Also, as nice as Octopath looks, hopefully they don't take away the awesome backgrounds form the original ones:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm there. I still need to beat the first and second on on 3DS but I'm in no hurry. They are gorgeous games with excellent combat, characters, and music, the Trifecta of a memorable RPG.

After experiencing what they've puled off in Octopath (40 hours in), I'm confident a Bravely Third (if that's what they are teasing) will be worth getting.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I still need to play octopath.
I have it i just didnt care about it somehow.
After 3 hours i said eh. And i played most jrpgs on the snes

I will get back into it.
But enter the gungeon
And titan quest are just to much fun to pick up and play on switch.

Feck 🤔

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I still need to play octopath.
I have it i just didnt care about it somehow.
After 3 hours i said eh. And i played most jrpgs on the snes

I will get back into it.
But enter the gungeon
And titan quest are just to much fun to pick up and play on switch.

Feck 🤔
Nothing to feel bad about. Enter the Gungeon and Titan Quest are both excellent.

But Octopath...that game hits all the right notes.

I'd buy a Bravely Default bundle. I liked the original, but had trouble looking at the 3DS screen for long hours. I wonder how it would look at 1080p.

dirthead

Banned
I hope the name of their game isn't fucking retarded this time. "Bravely Default" is one of the most stupid game titles I've ever heard. How did that go through any marketing department intact?

If their next game is called "Fiercely Nonstandard" or something, I'm throwing a chair, because I know idiots will buy it and I'll have to read that stupid name for another 5 years.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I hope the name of their game isn't fucking retarded this time. "Bravely Default" is one of the most stupid game titles I've ever heard. How did that go through any marketing department intact?

If their next game is called "Fiercely Nonstandard" or something, I'm throwing a chair, because I know idiots will buy it and I'll have to read that stupid name for another 5 years.
We're talking about the folks who published Infinite Undiscovery, Dissidia 012, Final Fantasy Type-0, and Kingdom Hearts 352/8 Days (and nearly anything else related to Kingdom Hearts).

Strange names is their calling-card at this point.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Are the stories of the first two directly related?

Yes. Bravely Second takes place a while after Bravely Default while keeping some of the main characters and introducing new ones.

Back on topic: I am SO FREAKING HYPED. I absolutely adored Bravely Default, to the point where I nearly completed 100% of the game (leveled every character, every class to max) and defeated every boss, but I am missing a couple things in my Journal. Bravely Second I started, but due to a corrupt save I haven't returned back to. I need to do that eventually. Got the CE for both, with Second's being one of my favorite for that beautiful artbook alone.

Razzorn34

If they don't censor it to hell this time, maybe I'll actually play it. Octopath was untouched in that respect and it did fine.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Octopath Traveler has been such a great experience for me that I would happily support anything they cook up next.

Vawn

Banned
Yes. Bravely Second takes place a while after Bravely Default while keeping some of the main characters and introducing new ones.

Back on topic: I am SO FREAKING HYPED. I absolutely adored Bravely Default, to the point where I nearly completed 100% of the game (leveled every character, every class to max) and defeated every boss, but I am missing a couple things in my Journal. Bravely Second I started, but due to a corrupt save I haven't returned back to. I need to do that eventually. Got the CE for both, with Second's being one of my favorite for that beautiful artbook alone.

Looks like I'll need to hunt down copies of the first two on 3DS if this ends up being the third game and not ports of the first two onto Switch.

Yagami_Sama

I new game would be cool mainly if it for Switch and I am also okay with a HD Collection of the 2 games for Switch,

Pejo

I'd love it if we got a port collection of the first two (without the silly censorship), plus Bravely Third being in development. Also, if it is a 3rd game, I hope they get the music guy (team?) back from the first game. That soundtrack was amazing.

ebevan91

I'd buy a Bravely Default bundle. I liked the original, but had trouble looking at the 3DS screen for long hours. I wonder how it would look at 1080p.

I can sell my Bravely Second (which I've hardly played yet) to Gamestop for cheaper than what I paid for it. I might do that if I can get the first 2 and the new game on the Switch.

Vawn

Banned
They haven't put a countdown timer or announced when they'll announce something, have they?

I've been considering getting Bravely Default, but it's still $40+. I don't want to pull the trigger on the 3DS version only to hear they announced a Switch port.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
They haven't put a countdown timer or announced when they'll announce something, have they?

I've been considering getting Bravely Default, but it's still $40+. I don't want to pull the trigger on the 3DS version only to hear they announced a Switch port.
Can I offer some advice from the collector side of things?

Both Bravely games have gone through weeks or months when they were going for $50 or more due to scarcity. I've seen copies go for $60 or more used at times, and I'm talking about the normal edition. There will be a small uptick in sales from this tease alone. When more substantial news comes out, the sales will go up even more.

Even if it's a 1 + 2 collector's pack, the price will go up. That's just how crazy things have gotten with so many YouTube game collectors nowadays. 3DS games hold their value pretty well, too.

Iaterain

Surprised that there are people who liked Bravely Default and Second.

I liked the art style, enemies were beautifully drawn, the town maps were gorgeous but the gameplay was very repetitive and story was a cringe fest.

Every time I was listening character dialogues I felt like I'm spending my time on the lowest quality product ever.

The story was total embarrassment. Maybe I felt like that because I love reading good books?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Got 2 hours into the second title and never went back. I'll skip this if they don't go the Switch route.

Shifty1897

I'm conflicted because I've gone this long without playing the Bravely games in hopes they will port 1+2 to the Switch, but what if this is a tease of 3 instead?

shinkai

I want to believe in a new Bravely Default game... but we may just get another mobile or web browser game.

EDMIX

Square a long time ago was looking to bring the series to more platforms, i don't think this is it, but it would be nice to see the series get more coverage.

I expect a mobile game lol

Top Bottom