• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC - OT2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a show ever been this critically AND commercially strong leading into the final episode? Just coming off the highest-viewed episode of the entire series plus its first Best Drama Emmy win (not to mention a cliffhanger to die for), next week's episode might clear 8 million to be honest.

Flawless handling of this season. It would be to other series' benefit to learn a thing or two from this amazing run.

sopranos final season won best drama, was critically acclaimed .. granted the competition was abysmal but it was easily warranted

and its ratings were significantly higher than BB

- New set of BB posters going on sale at the store tomorrow
WT8BmIf.png
RBjBryq.png

o5JKCYa.png
zRKcQOV.png

At this point, Todd is scarier than Fring to me. He's like a goddamn serial killer, but I love him for it.

Those posters are amazing, especially the bullet one. I like the cigarette touch. I'd like to have it as an avatar.

My official prediction for the finale is this: (spoilering to be safe):

[not actually a spoiler at all]Walt takes the ricin himself, then reveals himself to the media/cops (this could be why he's so casual with Carol), and proceeds to lead them to Jacks compound. Once there, he destroys the nazis, on camera for all the world to see, ends the meth empire himself, then dies from the ricin, forever being remembered as the badass Heisenberg. Jesse is rescued as a result of all this but I'm not sure where their final confrontation fits in. [/not even remotely an actual spoiler]

To be safe for what?

I don't think Walt revealing himself to the police once in ABQ is a great call. He doesn't give a shit about Carol probably because he's already so close to his endgame and Carol doesn't know where he's going, so it's not like the cops are going to beat him to wherever that is.

He hits ABQ as a dead man walking. He doesn't care if his shitty neighbor dropped her groceries.

I don't think Walt knows where Saul is after he was spirited out of ABQ.

Saul did say he would probably be in Omaha doing a regular job to Walt. I also think the vacuum guy mentioned he was off to Nebreska with Walt in the room.

I thought of the possibility of this earlier but it would be a little north of the route you would take to get to NM it seems.

Anyone hoping for a driving montage showing some highway driving?

And yeah, I don't think Walt is stopping by Omaha and searching for Saul Goodman. It's a big city. I mean, Albequerque isn't exactly a small town, either, but Walt's at least familiar with the place.

Stopping in Nebraska on the way to New Mexico and just sorta puttering around in a volvo looking for Cinnabons doesn't sound like it's a real possibility.

And yeah, I don't think Walt is stopping by Omaha and searching for Saul Goodman. It's a big city. I mean, Albequerque isn't exactly a small town, either, but Walt's at least familiar with the place.

Stopping in Nebraska on the way to New Mexico and just sorta puttering around in a volvo looking for Cinnabons doesn't sound like it's a real possibility.

What's funny is that I don't think there is a Cinnabon in Omaha. At least not in a Mall, they closed the one in Westroads. Only one I can think of might be affiliated with a Schlotzky's Deli.

Dany

Banned
WHAT OMG WHAT

Dear Customer,

We apologize for any confusion the naming of "Season 5" and "The Final Season" of Breaking Bad might have caused you. While the names of the seasons and episodes associated with them were not chosen by iTunes, we'd like to offer you "The Final Season" on us by providing you with the iTunes code below in the amount of $22.99. This credit can also be used for any other content on the iTunes Store. Thank you for your purchase.

Detailed instructions for redeeming the code can be found at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1574.

HOLY SHIT; haha awesome :D

To be safe for what?

I don't think Walt revealing himself to the police once in ABQ is a great call. He doesn't give a shit about Carol probably because he's already so close to his endgame and Carol doesn't know where he's going, so it's not like the cops are going to beat him to wherever that is.

He hits ABQ as a dead man walking. He doesn't care if his shitty neighbor dropped her groceries.

Fair enough, I guess I've been in the thread long enough to know those tags were not needed.

I stick with the idea that whatever he does he does it with an audience so everyone knows who he is and what he did.

rekameohs

Banned
sopranos final season won best drama, was critically acclaimed .. granted the competition was abysmal but it was easily warranted

and its ratings were significantly higher than BB
One interesting difference is that Breaking Bad ratings have grown every year, and peaked in the final episodes - more than double any other season. The Sopranos was much like many other shows, with bigger ratings in the middle of the show's life, and lesser near the end.

Has a show ever been this critically AND commercially strong leading into the final episode? Just coming off the highest-viewed episode of the entire series plus its first Best Drama Emmy win (not to mention a cliffhanger to die for), next week's episode might clear 8 million to be honest.

Flawless handling of this season. It would be to other series' benefit to learn a thing or two from this amazing run.

Flawless? To'hajiilee' had several problems -
- Huell spilling the beans to Hank and Gomie was ridiculous given he worked for Saul and would know better. See the 'We need to talk about Huell' bit of this Grantland piece http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/87036/breaking-bad-precap-episode-514-make-your-peace-with-there-being-just-three-episodes-left
- Walt's needlessly specific confession to Jesse. In addition to Jesse's voice lacking the phone filter effect usually put on.....resulting in Jesse's rant sounding strange.
- The marksmanship of the Nazis. Firing went on too long, Mclaren should've cut the scene after just a few seconds of firing. Rian Johnson brilliantly executed the remainder of the shootout scene in Ozymandias. You hear the firing off screen, Gomie already dead, Hank wounded.

Ozymandias brilliant, arguably the best ep in the series. Blood Money and Confessions were both great, great episodes as well. Last night's was excellent as well.

Buried and Rabid Dog I thought were both good BB episodes.

But I disagree with the notion of flawless when you have an episode like To'hajiilee' in its final run. As a comparison........I still find the Shield's final run of episodes to be superior to what we've seen from BB.

Dany

Banned
No I didn't. And I never even realized that was how they marketed the first half. It makes sense that folks would complain. I wonder if they're doing this for anyone/everyone who bought part1.

Did you buy the season pass for season 2?

iammeiam

Oh crap, no, that's it--I didn't buy it, so no credit. Duh.

I was half hoping they'd just give me a code to download the second half. This makes more sense for them, though, and is cool for the people who did buy both parts.

Edit: Wait, rereading the code is so you can buy the second half. So hopefully they will hit everyone eligible. 5.2 is the first season of BB I haven't bought from iTunes in a few years.

Courage

My updated prediction:

Walt finds out where Uncle Jack is located (or maybe calls him) and asks him to meet nearby. He sobs to him and tells him he wants to cook for him as he has nothing else. He then sees Jesse and tells him he can help him escape.

The show ends with them escaping with the barrels of money with Jesse driving a truck and Walt helming the M60 behind the truck. This car chase ends up in the desert and Walt shoots down every Nazi car coming his way, leaving chaos behind. Once they get to a safe spot, Walt gets off the car and finds Jesse holding up at gunpoint. Walt dares him to go ahead and Jesse finally shoots him, picking off at what he should have done at End Times. He then burns Walt's money.

The final shot of the series is a fly landing on Walt's glasses, while his corpse rots and his money burns.

Dany

Banned
That was certainly an interestingly off-beat episode. That ending, my god. Just when he seems to have given up, that ego refuses to let him do so.

I really had an issue with that final scene. Felt to out of place, cheesy and on the nose for 'shits gonna happen' but knowing Walt, it kind of makes sense that his ego would call for the main theme to play. :p

Walt's love of that dumb hat though...is just weird and odd it doesn't help that fans have ran away with that prop to be =heisenberg. I'm not saying its a bad symbol but having walt pick up the hat from the shadows had my eyes rolling.

I really had an issue with that final scene. Felt to out of place, cheesy and on the nose for 'shits gonna happen' but knowing Walt, it kind of makes sense that his ego would call for the main theme to play. :p

Walt's love of that dumb hat though...is just weird and odd it doesn't help that fans have ran away with that prop to be =heisenberg. I'm not saying its a bad symbol but having walt pick up the hat from the shadows had my eyes rolling.

Erm, are you trying to suggest that the show hasn't strongly suggested it many, many times? Unlike many things, this isn't something that just fans have imbued the narrative with by projecting their own theories onto it. It's something the show has pointed out rather explicitly.

Vire

My updated prediction:

Walt finds out where Uncle Jack is located (or maybe calls him) and asks him to meet nearby. He sobs to him and tells him he wants to cook for him as he has nothing else. He then sees Jesse and tells him he can help him escape.

The show ends with them escaping with the barrels of money with Jesse driving a truck and Walt helming the M60 behind the truck. This car chase ends up in the desert and Walt shoots down every Nazi car coming his way, leaving chaos behind. Once they get to a safe spot, Walt gets off the car and finds Jesse holding up at gunpoint. Walt dares him to go ahead and Jesse finally shoots him, picking off at what he should have done at End Times. He then burns Walt's money.

The final shot of the series is a fly landing on Walt's glasses, while his corpse rots and his money burns.
That sounds awful. No offense.

Dany

Banned
Oh I know that. Walt loves the hat. The scene felt more out of place than other times Walt has played around with it.

Flawless? To'hajiilee' had several problems -
- Huell spilling the beans to Hank and Gomie was ridiculous given he worked for Saul and would know better. See the 'We need to talk about Huell' bit of this Grantland piece http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/87036/breaking-bad-precap-episode-514-make-your-peace-with-there-being-just-three-episodes-left
- Walt's needlessly specific confession to Jesse. In addition to Jesse's voice lacking the phone filter effect usually put on.....resulting in Jesse's rant sounding strange.
- The marksmanship of the Nazis. Firing went on too long, Mclaren should've cut the scene after just a few seconds of firing. Rian Johnson brilliantly executed the remainder of the shootout scene in Ozymandias. You hear the firing off screen, Gomie already dead, Hank wounded.

Ozymandias brilliant, arguably the best ep in the series. Blood Money and Confessions were both great, great episodes as well. Last night's was excellent as well.

Buried and Rabid Dog I thought were both good BB episodes.

But I disagree with the notion of flawless when you have an episode like To'hajiilee' in its final run. As a comparison........I still find the Shield's final run of episodes to be superior to what we've seen from BB.

As close to perfection as you will get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom