• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buzzfeed Exposé: Milo, Breitbart Collabed Directly With Nazis For Years

Oersted

Theres always going to be some sociopath that agrees with the people that think he's an aberration or less than human in an attempt to become one of the good ones, sadly.

You see it with black people, jews, LGBTs, etc. Being a minority doesn't inoculate you against being stupid.

Germany had last winter an Iranian who murdered 9 people. Before he killed the last one he screamed "I'm not a dago, I'm a German."

Shauni

Scarier part is no one is really doing anything to stop it.

This kind of reporting is an attempt to do something about it. Spreading that knowledge is an attempt to do something about it.

Is it effective in the environment today, though? I really don't know honestly.

Ozigizo

sphagnum

Banned
and they are exploited and FUNDED by elitists who have teams in place in the media and now in the whitehouse.

This thread and these two articles highlight just what a joke we are as a country. There is no freedom. There is no drain the swamp. we are recipients of a war of money amongst the 1%. we are an oligarchy run by multiple families battling it our for financial control

The Mercer-AltRight connection really spells out how fascism is propped up by elements of the bourgeoisie, who would rather burn everything around them to protect their privileges than let the left win.

1f97db47-5a17-462d-b36d-79070e0f6097.png

Really puts it into perspective.

yeeeesh

Shauni

and they are exploited and FUNDED by elitists who have teams in place in the media and now in the whitehouse.

This thread and these two articles highlight just what a joke we are as a country. There is no freedom. There is no drain the swamp. we are recipients of a war of money amongst the 1%. we are an oligarchy run by multiple families battling it our for financial control

All of this is frightening and all, but this really isn't good thinking and leads to a lot of "both sides" thinking that leads to apathy and despair. This is really what these people want from you.

The Mercer-AltRight connection really spells out how fascism is propped up by elements of the bourgeoisie, who would rather burn everything around them to protect their privileges than let the left win.

I've heard that fascism is a tool of capitalism and had a hard time wrapping my head around it, but this just crystallizes it.

What a lame excuse. "All I did was exchange some (misogynistic and transphobic) emails with Milo, and for that they think I'm alt right?!"

Well, maybe he's not. Maybe he's just a misogynistic transphobic piece of shit.
It's funny that he's doing all of this whining directly to Kuamil Nanjiani

Ozigizo

That dude from Vice has been off Twitter for the breaking of this story, it seems. Guess who's about to be unemployed!

All of this is frightening and all, but this really isn't good thinking and leads to a lot of "both sides" thinking that leads to apathy and despair. This is really what these people want from you.

Means to an end matter, I totally get that. I'm not ignorant to the false equivalences in play here in that regard. My intention is not to insinuate otherwise.

As I'm reading that Atlanta article, I'm asking myself "who funded a Bernie?", for example. I'm not going to perpetuate a both sides tone but if I did so in any way, I'm open to being called out on it to understand how.

Bronx-Man

Banned
And Adam Grandmaison, whom Rolling Stone described as “underground hip-hop’s major tastemaker,” reached out to Yiannopoulos to suggest he investigate a journalist who had accused her ex-boyfriend of physical abuse.
Wait...this isn’t referring to who I think it is, is it?

1499954049879.jpg

SON OF A BITCH

Between this and Fantano, it’s been a bad week for white hip-hop culture vultures.

Question: do we have firm information on how much or how little , if any, of Trumps own money he used on his own campaign?

edit: besada, if I am derailing please let me know. My thoughts here around the 'drain the swamp' marketing spiel while dude was pocketing campaign money from lobbyists and elitists

This story is something else. Wow. The prominent 'liberal' writers feeding the alt-right cause. Not surprising, but shocking to see it laid bare.

Bookoo

Yea I know I have asked before and I looked through stuff back then and I am back again reading and watching videos again.

The most I ever get is:
Guy and girl break up
Guy writes some shit about their relationship
Internet acts like the internet
Gaming media freaks outs.

There seems to be so many conflicting things that in general it's hard to follow.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Yea I know I have asked before and I looked through stuff back then and I am back again reading and watching videos again.

The most I ever get is:
Guy and girl break up

This guy can't stop JAQ'in. I think he gets off on people watching.

BTW, the fact that after your extensive research into the subject that seems to be too much for your brain to process, you come back with a summary that doesn't mention the massive amount of harassment of women that is in the very first search result if you Google Gamer Gate- it makes your intentions crystal clear.

The most I ever get is:
Guy and girl break up

There seems to be so many conflicting things that in general it's hard to follow.

It's pretty easy to follow. A good place to start is the targeted harassment of people based on their gender.

You're oversimplifying it. I'm not sure your motive for doing that, but that's what you're doing.

its insane how social media and the internet has become this sometimes ugly, sometimes beautiful behemoth that steers the direction of humanity now.

We can never put this back to how it was, though.

giga

The most I ever get is:
Guy and girl break up

Oh, I know where this is going. The "what's the big deal" act is dumb.

And what did the gaming industry and most of gaming media do? Sit on their asses and ignored the terror while a proto-fascist movement was running people out of culture.

It was fucking infuriating to watch the passivity and silence while people were screaming about how horrible things were. And it still is when gamers think everything is fine again.

Even though the wider societal context of this fascism is handled by publications and people with more integrity and sense of morals than those in games culture, I'm still afraid that the media and institutions do the whole 'both sides' shit and fail to notice the dog whistles and rhetorics that these fascists use.

and still is, as more than some "parody" or "historical" game appears to be a literal nazi-recruitment tool at this point.
I was looking at a Kickstarter project that's literally Wehraboo: the game, with only a minor mention of any other than the nazi's or their weapons. I can't look at that and think: "oh, this is legit intended as a game". Even if it might actually be intended as only surface level imagery, it's impossible to separate the meaning from the image.

I am really starting to grasp now why Germany banned all the icons wholesale. And I'm starting to think everyone else should start doing so too.

edit: and yes, everything about this is terrifying, except for Bannon not being able to spell good. That's kind of hilarious in how pathetic he is.
I am legit wondering now why (and how) Trump pushed him out though.

Also, on TotalBiscuit: after all that crap he pulled, the Starcraft 2 community somehow voted him into an announcer voice, which has thoroughly destroyed any desire on my end to stick with the game.

Maebe

I never had any doubt he and his ilk were alt right or "secret" nazis but that password stuff is chilling. The whole article is pretty horrifying though

Top Bottom