• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare actually coming on Wii U?

L~A

I agree, but even if it did it wouldn't be Bungie working on it anyways. It would be a port team like Straight Right doing it.

Speaking of, did anyone ever figure out what AAA game port Straight Rite and their parent company were working on for WiiU?

I believe they started working on it early this year, so we probably won't know before a little while. All we know is that it's a AAA game from a renown publisher.

Mlatador

Banned
I'm curious if Splatoon will have pointer controls. Probably wouldn't work as well since it's third person though.

I still reserve hope that Nintendo will pick up the James Bond license and give it to Retro or someone to make a great exclusive fps.

I'm not sure about Pointer Controls, but Splatoon does have Gyro Aiming with the Gamepad, which should work equally well, if not better for a 3rd Person Shooter.

However, I'm not sure if Wiimote Gyros are gonna be used. Shouldn't be a problem, though.

More fuel to the fire:

photo.PNG

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234986-wii-u-pops-up-once-again-in-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-website

Hip Hop

I'd imagine it's coming for sure. This always happens, they stay quiet and out of nowhere announce it.

Plus, no way would they have updated Black Ops 2 if it wasn't coming out. I figure it's just a sign of things to come.

I'm interested to check it out on the Wii U whenever the price drops.

I don't think Advanced Warfare is coming honestly. The code doesn't mean much. I do hope we actually get Die Rise and the Turned mode for Black Ops 2.

catmario

prag16

Banned
Chances are slim to none.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking before gamescom. Thought it had a chance to be announced Monday or yesterday after the multi-player reveal, and that if it wasn't the chances should be considered extremely slim. That's where it appears we stand now.

Too bad the last bastion of pointer controlled shooter controls appears to be going away.

If that's come true, I wonder why Activision is hiding Wii U COD's thus far. Black Ops 2 has a reason for appearance at Nintendo conference, but Ghost was also announced at very late timing.

Announce at the same time is better, actually MORE EFFICIENT than any other options. I don't understand activision's thinking.

Actually announcing at different times gives it more coverage and publicity

prag16

Banned
Actually announcing at different times gives it more coverage and publicity
I think that effect is probably negligible. Especially when that "different" time is many months later. Also reinforced the Wii U's perceived status as a second class citizen.

Anyway, the only reason I'll say there's still a small chance is the lack of a denial. I'm sure some outlets have asked for comment by now, and Activision has evidently not said anything.

Kezen

Banned
Yeah, that's what I was thinking before gamescom. Thought it had a chance to be announced Monday or yesterday after the multi-player reveal, and that if it wasn't the chances should be considered extremely slim. That's where it appears we stand now.

Too bad the last bastion of pointer controlled shooter controls appears to be going away.

With the Wii U's catastrophic sales I have no idea why you were expecting anything.
Nintendo is the only one to blame and publishers are right to look away because they are not running a charity business.

prag16

Banned
With the Wii U's catastrophic sales I have no idea why you were expecting anything.
Nintendo is the only one to blame and publishers are right to look away because they are not running a charity business.
I'm well aware of the Wii U's situation. However I'd expect you would have said the exact same thing last year regarding Ghosts. It wasn't in any way absurd to see a possibility of AW U coming, as you condescendingly imply.

Kezen

Banned
I'm well aware of the Wii U's situation. However I'd expect you would have said the exact same thing last year regarding Ghosts. It wasn't in any way absurd to see a possibility of AW U coming, as you condescendingly imply.

Just so we're clear : I have nothing against Nintendo or the Wii U but it does not make an awful lot of financial sense to release your 3rd party games there. I can hardly blame Activision for not bothering at all, if AW is not planned on Wii U we can only assume Ghosts didn't do very well last year.

Every sku is weighed against the possibility of not selling enough.

Just so we're clear : I have nothing against Nintendo or the Wii U but it does not make an awful lot of financial sense to release your 3rd party games there. I can hardly blame Activision for not bothering at all, if AW is not planned on Wii U we can only assume Ghosts didn't do very well last year.

Every sku is weighed against the possibility of not selling enough.

Then explain why the PC gets a version of CoD every year despite its abysmal sales?

batbeg

I'd really be interested in one day finding out what the fuck is up with how Activision have treated this franchise on Nintendo consoles two generations in a row. It's kind of mind boggling, especially when, on Wii at least, it proved fairly successful despite Activision pretending like it didn't exist.

prag16

Banned
Do you have solid numbers on PC (retail + digital) to back up your claim ?

PC version sells well considering it's mostly digital. IDK where you are getting this opinion from.
Yeah, the Wii U versions may (MAY) beat PC at retail. But PC undoubtedly does most of its numbers digitally, whereas Wii U does zero for any Activision games (not on eshop).

What are average online populations like for PC on Ghosts and BO2 lately? That would be another indicator.

jeffers

I'd really be interested in one day finding out what the fuck is up with how Activision have treated this franchise on Nintendo consoles two generations in a row. It's kind of mind boggling, especially when, on Wii at least, it proved fairly successful despite Activision pretending like it didn't exist.

Yeah, I cant figure it out and it bugs me.

cacildo

What´s the situation between pointer controls vs auto-aim?

I mean, i missed the last Call of Duty games on WiiU, but they let you choose between gamepad and wiimote, right?

I only played the Wii CODs, so i can say that i love the pointer controls....
...and that i dont know how the auto-aim situation works on COD

But dont the dual analog auto-aim kinda kills the wiimote crowd?

I remember i tried Wii´s Goldeneye online with some friends one day, and the guy playing it with classic controller was destroying everybody.
While we were carefuly trying to aim he just needed to press the ads button to lock on us and kill anyone in a second.

What´s the situation between pointer controls vs auto-aim?

I mean, i missed the last Call of Duty games on WiiU, but they let you choose between gamepad and wiimote, right?

I only played the Wii CODs, so i can say that i love the pointer controls....
...and that i dont know how the auto-aim situation works on COD

But dont the dual analog auto-aim kinda kills the wiimote crowd?

I remember i tried Wii´s Goldeneye online with some friends one day, and the guy playing it with classic controller was destroying everybody.
While we were carefuly trying to aim he just needed to press the ads button to lock on us and kill anyone in a second.

1. Yes, it does.
2. No, they don't. In fact in some crowds (Youtube CoD Wii/Wii U community) the wiimote is considered so OP that DA users have to use AA to compensate.

PetrCobra

Don't really need to go look for it in the css file, the icon sprite contains the logo. It's probably there just in case. On the other hand, why make sure you can add the logo on the site when there's no chance you're gonna need it, right..?

sprite.png

they probably copypasted the platform logos and the css parts from an older microsite

Top Bottom