• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Didn't someone post cheap eshop codes awhile back? I think it was from eBay.

Fularu

Banned
The "hate" came about because you were "bragging". So you counter the haters by bragging more.

But continue taking advantage of Amazon's outsourced "incompetence".
This is cute.

The hate game because someone got sticks at 30% off, nothing more nothing less. And while I'm happy that I Will pay less in the end, this screens has one purpose really, allow people to price match if they feel like it.

It's amusing how talks about getting BB to apply the discount to past orders is fine (for non eligible items too btw) but somehow asking the promotion to be applied by Amazon to this order is "exploitative".

But hey, sharing one's luck was super common here and people would usually be happy for the person (as I'm happy for those who got the discount on their BS or FE preorders) but since it creates this kind of tension, I'll just avoid giving a chance to fellow gaffers to get the same deal.

Sounds fair?

And yes, applying a 45% discount when the promotion is 20 is incompetence, how else would you call that?

This is cute.

The hate game because someone got sticks at 30% off, nothing more nothing less. And while I'm happy that I Will pay less in the end, this screens has one purpose really, allow people to price match if they feel like it.

That's useless since you can try to "price-match" by editing the html and put any items at any price anyway.

But it seems like some folks got lucky doing it...

ohlawd

^ fuuuuck

I did it!!! Bless whomever suggested canceling and re-ordering. It only took about a couple minutes after I canceled for it to show up in stock again.

HFsCb7c.png
man

do I grow balls and risk it all or what lol. if you and Renewed got it to work, odds are good

^ fuuuuck

man

do I grow balls and risk it all or what lol. if you and Renewed got it to work, odds are good

I had it. Was there. But that freakin' glitch that happened that one time when they released one of their exclusive amiibos popped up again. Best buy's site is aweful.

after spending 40 minutes on the phone, I was able to get best buy to manually apply the 20% discount to both my individual pre-orders of Fire Emblem Fates SE as well as Bravely Second SE. I guess it helped that I had two titles which needed the discount and not just one.

And just in case, both of them are listed as being part of the promo, even though CE's are not supposed to be part of the sale for some weird reason that I won't complain about.

I did it!!! Bless whomever suggested canceling and re-ordering. It only took about a couple minutes after I canceled for it to show up in stock again.

HFsCb7c.png

I want to try this but not right now because I know GAF will be waiting for me to try.

This is ballsy is fuck.

mdubs

Banned
This is cute.

It's amusing how talks about getting BB to apply the discount to past orders is fine (for non eligible items too btw) but somehow asking the promotion to be applied by Amazon to this order is "exploitative".

But hey, sharing one's luck was super common here and people would usually be happy for the person (as I'm happy for those who got the discount on their BS or FE preorders) but since it creates this kind of tension, I'll just avoid giving a chance to fellow gaffers to get the same deal.

Sounds fair?

And yes, applying a 45% discount when the promotion is 20 is incompetence, how else would you call that?

http://www.redflagdeals.com/ here you go, rationalize away

kennah

Nice. This morning someone posted wind waker HD for $25 on kijiji.

I picked it up three hours later. Pretty happy with the score.

Now to get a cheap Mario kart 8, yoshi wooly world and anything else that perks my fancy.

probably because of the place holder dates

someone else correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't someone say in here that they just changed the expiry date to something else and it worked?

Ya I think that was the problem, which I think is kinda dumb. I had Star Fox, Pokken, Twilight Princess, and SMT x FE, I tried pre-ordering without SMT and now it worked since the 3 other games release before the expire date. I guess I can't get the bonus on SMT :/.

Anony

amazon definitely cut the list of games on their 20% off.
some of the games i was looking at had the promo before but now it's not..

KhaosDragon22

Neo Member
Super Mario Bros and Zelda NES Eshop codes (WiiU I believe). Please say what code you grabbed. Enjoy! Quote to reveal:

Mario Code 1
Mario Code 2
Mario Code 3

Zelda Code 1
Zelda Code 2
Zelda Code 3

Xenoflare

Yeah I think I'm taking Friday off for FE fates. IIRC the Best Buy I preordered from opens before 10am.

God why can't I stop thinking about the possibility of them fucking up.

ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom