• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: USF2 proved to be a smash hit

Oh I thought you meant with not-a-port.

Oh, indeed I meant a port. I mean, I can understand definitely them not being able to ship an exclusive, high profile release at launch for an unproven platform.

But for a port choice ? There were a lot more games that made more sense.

Flarin

"fuck it actually sold a good amount"

image.php

Now do an Alpha collection.
Or an MMX collection.
Or a Disney collection.

Just make something that doesn't cost $40 for 1 (one) old game, dammit.

ggx2ac

It looks like 450k units of USF2 were shipped.

pdf_26.png

Far right column, 1 SKU and we know USF2 was the only games released between Wii, Wii U and Switch.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It looks like 450k units of USF2 were shipped.

pdf_26.png

Far right column, 1 SKU and we know USF2 was the only games released between Wii, Wii U and Switch.
Even better than i thought - 300-400k is what i expected.
Once they drop the price to 20-30 as standard it could have some solid legs.
How exactly ? Because of the lack of anything meaningful ?

Its still very early in this console life cycle - but if you think that they have nothing meaningful planned or in work for Switch thats your right.

What games do people even want from Capcom? All I care about is Phoenix Wright and that's now guaranteed to be releasing on Switch, so I'm pleased.

Maybe they can do a shitty overpriced Darkstalkers port next and then that can be a smash hit and we'll finally get a new Darkstalkers
on everything but Switch because Capcpom.

Sheentak

Cab we get third strike then?
How about darkstalkers collection.
Rival schools? Alpha? Powerstone?

How about all the above in a capcom fighting game collection

More mediocre rom hacks on the way.

In all honesty though it will probably be Resident Evil 4 again.

USF2 isn't mediocre by any means. The new refinements are great and the online feels flawless. It's a questionable retail product in 2017 but the quality shouldn't be shunned

Mugy

RE4 for Switch would probably be better than anything on the console right now (outside ARMS and Zelda IMHO)

In fact, if capcom releases:

DMC4SE
RE4
Viewtiful Joe
Okami HD
REmake
SF III Online Edition

I would play this console for an eternity. Those games are THAT good

MrCarter

Good numbers but it's not as big as some people expected to be. I want them to port the Alpha or SF3 series next, would be difficult to play without a d-pad though and I doubt many would be willing to buy a fight stick.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Congratulations, Switch owners. You passed the first test by buying a port of an old game, a lot!

Now Capcom know what you truly want and next they'll announce a fully featured on rails shooter based on Way of the Hado.

Yes I'm still salty over the Wii years

RE4 for Switch would probably be better than anything on the console right now (outside ARMS and Zelda IMHO)

DMC4SE
RE4
Viewtiful Joe
Okami HD
REmake
SF III Online Edition

All of those on a portable yes please, yes fucking please.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

DMC4SE
RE4
Viewtiful Joe
Okami HD
REmake
SF III Online Edition

Okami 1 + Okamiden HD collection.

Thanks for making me thinking about something that will never happen lol. Capcom why dont you like money ?

450k means roughly 1 in 10 Switch owners bought the game. Pretty darn good for a third party game, and it promises for a great third-party future for the system.

Good numbers but it's not as big as some people expected to be. I want them to port the Alpha or SF3 series next, would be difficult to play without a d-pad though and I doubt many would be willing to buy a fight stick.
What people expected more than 1 in 10 Switch owners to buy the game? As for a fight stick, there’s one being released next week, but there are other ways to get a better dpad - the 8bitdo SNES Controller has an amazing dpad.

Who expected? It was a smash hit for Capcom.

Top Bottom