• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker |OT| rrrrready for adventure!

maxcriden

Yeah, and there only three lights, and two plus two is five, right?

The ears, they do not lie. At the start of a level, he clearly says "time". There may be other times he says ready, but I don't recall.

Super Mario 3D World, he clearly says "time for adventure":
http://youtu.be/ajh1FJ52Mbc

Captain Toad reveal trailer, at the end he clearly says "time for adventure":
http://youtu.be/m91qkP5ZaN8

I sincerely hear "ready" in both instances. :(

MrBS

Mine just arrived in the mail but I'm off to a work party tonight so it will be staying at work. MrsBS is very upset she wont be playing this tonight. Soon!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I don't understand how anyone can "clearly" hear anything this guy says, lol.

Anyway, might as well update this old thing:

sm3dw_pixel.gif

sm3dw_pixel_4x.gif

daydream

Banned
So, how did the soundtrack turn out? I can't find it on YT, yet, and there hasn't been much buzz surrounding that aspect of the game (with good reason?).

yeah he clearly says "ready" in the Treasure Tracker announcement trailer

it's honestly crazy that some people are hearing "time" haha

It's pretty clear in both cases, imo. It's 'time' in 3DW and 'ready' in that TT trailer.

This is not Donald Duck we're talking about here. :p

maxcriden

I don't understand how anyone can "clearly" hear anything this guy says, lol.

Anyway, might as well update this old thing:

sm3dw_pixel.gif

sm3dw_pixel_4x.gif

Nabbit next pls ;__;

So, how did the soundtrack turn out? I can't find it on YT, yet, and there hasn't been much buzz surrounding that aspect of the game (with good reason?).

It's pretty clear in both cases, imo. It's 'time' in 3DW and 'ready' in that TT trailer.

This is not Donald Duck we're talking about here. :p

It's charming, if not as bombastic as 3DW's OST. Very similar so far.

(FWIW it's pretty clear to myself and others above that it's 'ready' in both
;)
.)

Dorygrant

I've heard 'Diaper Adventure' since 3D World.

But I think it's cause my dad used to call Toad 'Diaper Head' when I was a kid lol

Will pick this up once it hits the $25-30 mark!

maxcriden

Ok, a different video convinced me that it's 'ready' in 3DW. That was a bit embarassing, sorry. :p Me:

kY9jYp4.gif

That's good to hear, thanks! The wait has been getting harder and harder.

As a non-native English speaker, you definitely get a pass. ;)

And, my pleasure. I'm sure you're gonna love the game.

Zing

Banned
I wish there was a bit more coherency between the stages. More of a flow. I'm only five stages in, but they are completely arbitrary so far. I suppose it follows 3D Worlds arbitrary world design as well.

Blues1990

I'm really sorry to hear it. It's time to try some Kirby or Yoshi next!

Eh, playing video games (in general) haven't made me happy. It's mostly due to personal things that have happened in my life, and I haven't been all that great since July. I don't really want to talk about this, as it's making me feel depressed just thinking about it.

Still, for those who are looking for something that can warm their heart, you can't miss out on this game. Toadette's victory dance had put a smile on my face (even if it was only temporary), and the Piranha Sprout's look and sound cuddly. Wingo looks hysterical
when he/she swallows that turnip.

VICI0US

holy cow this game is both adorable and gorgeous.

I'm not too far in (only about 12 stages) but I'm having a blast. I've completed all the bonus challenges on the levels so far except one very recent one.. the golden mushroom in this underwater course is evading me quite well.

zroid

Banned

I'm not too far in (only about 12 stages) but I'm having a blast. I've completed all the bonus challenges on the levels so far except one very recent one.. the golden mushroom in this underwater course is evading me quite well.

took me forever to find that one

jholmes

One tiny hint:
rumble

AdanVC

I took this screenshots to make a silly graphic comparison between Captain Toad and the original Super Mario 3D World.

CT:TT
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01osall.jpg

SM3DW
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dvd98.jpg

In my eyes, they look pretty much identical except for less depth of field on Captain Toad wich makes it look slightly sharper and colorful.

Damn, this game looks great. Decent step up from 3D World which already looked good. Maybe it's just that the toad stages themselves are more intricate in general. Either way, Nintendo is really hitting it out of the ballpark lately.

I took this screenshots to make a silly graphic comparison between Captain Toad and the original Super Mario 3D World.

SM3DW

In my eyes, they look pretty much identical except for less depth of field on Captain Toad wich makes it look slightly sharper and colorful.

I dont get it, is this the same game or just using the same assetts?

Roo

SM3DW

CT lacks some minor details like shadows here and there. Also, colors are brighter.
Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

Edit: I just noticed Toad's model is bigger compared to Mario's making the level look smaller.

TheMoon

CT lacks some minor details like shadows here and there. Also, colors are brighter.
Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

Edit: I just noticed Toad's model is bigger compared to Mario's making the level look smaller.

It doesn't lack any shadows. Those exist in SM3DW they way they do purely for platforming reasons.

Exile20

Played this game last night. This game is so beautiful and I love the gameplay. I hope Wii U owners pick it up. It is definitely worth it.

Roo

It doesn't lack any shadows. Those exist in SM3DW they way they do purely for platforming reasons.

I was merely comparing both screenshots not the games as a whole.
Even the lacking shadows I'm taking about re-appear once you're closer to the object.
You seriously need to take things more lightly, not everything is black and white
iGrUVYK1ZDcZs.gif

welp, I bought it

Anyone know of anything I can buy on the eshop that is SUUPER cheap because I'm literally like 2 points away from another $5 credit

TheMoon

I was merely comparing both screenshots not the games as a whole.
Even the lacking shadows I'm taking about re-appear once you're closer to the object.
You seriously need to take things more lightly, not everything is black and white
iGrUVYK1ZDcZs.gif

Now I'm curious, is it really my angry moon avatar that makes everything I write that doesn't have a smiley face in it sound like this:

Picture_2_c.jpg

If we were sitting at a table face to face and I had said the same sentence to you, you probably wouldn't have thought twice about it.^^

Seriously considering starting to write like an Elcor talks. :D

maxcriden

Vena

Toad sold out and came back in stock again on Amazon within like an hour.

What a weird thing that is...

Roo

Now I'm curious, is it really my angry moon avatar that makes everything I write that doesn't have a smiley face in it sound like this:

Picture_2_c.jpg

If we were sitting at a table face to face and I had said the same sentence to you, you probably wouldn't have thought twice about it.^^

Seriously considering starting to write like an Elcor talks. :D

I never paid attention to your avatar tbh
It's just the way you post makes you seem like you don't want anything but hard facts.
It's not really a bad thing per se but you seem like a rather cold person lol

edit: I just noticed it's the moon from Zelda.. heh

I wish there was a bit more coherency between the stages. More of a flow. I'm only five stages in, but they are completely arbitrary so far. I suppose it follows 3D Worlds arbitrary world design as well.

This was even true of the Galaxy games, especially the second one. It's just been EAD Tokyo's approach to Mario thus far.

Vena

Toad keeps on selling out on Amazon.

I hope no one falls for the jacked up price as it almost looks like a "normal" price. Done intentionally to trick people, no doubt.

Ugh, fucking
Mummy Me Forever
. It wouldn't be so bad but it really sucks after you loose 15 minutes of progress and have to start all over.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
This game is a fucking gem.

I only did 10 levels but my god, this is in my top 5 games of 2014, right there with Pokemon ORAS, Mario Kart 8, Theatrhythm and Kirby.

So good.

Malus

Ugh, fucking
Mummy Me Forever
. It wouldn't be so bad but it really sucks after you loose 15 minutes of progress and have to start all over.

That's the challenge! :)

I think I'm just going to keep trying it a couple times each day. I'll probably be 30 hours in before I'm though. It's like trying to reach the kill screen in an arcade game.

maxcriden

That's the challenge! :)

I think I'm just going to keep trying it a couple times each day. I'll probably be 30 hours in before I'm though. It's like trying to reach the kill screen in an arcade game.

I haven't played the level in question yet, but I can definitely see the above-mentioned Pac-Man comparisons. In a way Captain Toad is like a modern evolution of Pac-Man at times.

Top Bottom