• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBS Won't Allow Any Reviews of Star Trek: Discovery Before It Airs

Busty

Banned
This is what I don't get. The look of Star Trek has changed over the years virtually in almost every show and movie there was a new look and that includes the Klingons so I don't understand why Star Trek Discovery is all of a sudden getting the hate that it is for following the exact same pattern that the other shows and films have done.

Change is good.

Change for the sake of change is not.

klingon-star-trek-discovery-from-trailer.jpg

At least there's a reasoning behind it.

Spoilers I suppose.

On Thursday, TrekCore excerpted an interview with Discovery writer Ted Sullivan from the magazine SFX... In it, Sullivan explains what the new Klingon Sarcophagus ship is all about.
”It's a 200-year-old ship. This is a group of Klingons who've gone back to a puritan way of life. They look very different: they wear armor that's 200 years old and they don't have any hair," Sullivan said." Their commander runs his Klingon house – the house of T'Kuvma – by the rules of Kahless, the Klingon messiah. And he calls himself the second coming of the Klingon messiah." Sullivan also claimed that this specific Klingon house was one never before seen in any version of Star Teerek.

https://www.inverse.com/article/36441-star-trek-discovery-klingons-canon-tng-t-kuvma-kahless

Eh.

Platy

Fuller was going to make an anthology show that hopped ships, eras, and stuck closely to the visual aesthetic of those eras as established by the existing films/tv shows.

It would have cost more, though.

So they chucked him and basically handed everything over to Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman, who installed new showrunners and set about making a Kelvin-verse prequel in everything but name.

Which looks great! Those uniforms are really fuckin' good.

But this is not a great development.

I remember hearing that the the idea is still the same, just the anthology is more season wide, True Detective style than episode wide, Black Mirror style

Top Bottom