• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
And life expectancy is likely gong to continue to climb for the foreseeable future. This unfortunately isn't going to die out :/

That's understandable. Yes. :)

The fact that life expectancy is probably going to skyrocket soon, what with CRISPR and the Regen Chip being developed, is really putting me on edge. But then again, these crazy people might not actually use it due to the various religious ideologies that many of them hold. It's all we can hope for.

LiK

The Detroit Red Wings felt this was serious enough to immediately denounce.

vegmTmS.png

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Sue the shit outta them.

jelly

All those people who thought they were being clever by saying "we just have to wait for the racists to die out" need to get a reality check. Racism passes the torch, in this case, literally.

Perhaps when white people become the minority, everyone will get on with lives....that would be nice. Will be an interesting future with the tables flipped.

Well, there is one way it can die out.

by deconstructing a culture of political and social segregation, encouraging open and peaceful debate and outwitting inferior ideas with our superior ones with the ultimate goal of the ideological genocide of racial supremacy as we know it??

;)

The fact that life expectancy is probably going to skyrocket soon, what with CRISPR and the Regen Chip being developed, is really putting me on edge. But then again, these crazy people might not actually use it due to the various religious ideologies that many of them hold. It's all we can hope for.

I never actually thought of that last part haha. Yeah its possible they wont take it. I spent a long time last night thinking about these issues outliving me and affecting my descendants and it really made me feel like there was no hope. That said, idk. Minds and hearts have transformed before. Maybe people are more malleable than I now assume.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm checking various Charlotte local news sites and it seems no one is live streaming the protests and apparently the top news is some Pharmacy robbery. I guess no one works on Saturday.
Charlotte is in North Carolina. This is Charlottesville.

Boke1879

How many Trump tweets about this today

Doubt any. He still hasn't made a comment on a mosque that was damaged.

And if he does say anything about this I won't take anything he says seriously. These Nazi's will just say "he has to say that" and Trump won't really do anything about it.

Perhaps when white people become the minority, everyone will get on with lives....that would be nice. Will be an interesting future with the tables flipped.
It's going to be a long long long time before white people are a minority. We will get to a plurality first, where white people make up 49% of the population, but getting to the point where a single other ethnic group out numbers white people is a very long way off.

HylianTom

Banned
Why are they still angry? They just won the White House.

How much more racist and fascist do they want this country to be?

We're witnessing their realization that fluking their way to an electoral win won't stop the demographic tide. This is a public nervous breakdown.

benjipwns

Banned
Is it that easy to get a hold of police riot gear? I have no idea really
It's not full on riot gear, most of them don't even have vests or helmets, they wouldn't survive drunken college students after a football victory. Many of those "shields" are painted wood, only a few of them (like the black dude wisely enough) seem to have legitimate riot shields.

Yeah, you can buy all that stuff if you've got the money for it. It ain't cheap without those federal subsidies. This kind of gear is probably taken from army surplus stores and such.

Shauni

It's not full on riot gear, most of them don't even have vests or helmets, they wouldn't survive drunken college students after a football victory. Many of those "shields" are painted wood, only a few of them (like the black dude wisely enough) seem to have legitimate riot shields.

Yeah, you can buy all that stuff if you've got the money for it. It ain't cheap without those federal subsidies. This kind of gear is probably taken from army surplus stores and such.

Ah okay, so it's more ghetto rigged riot gear then. Alright, weird they were mistaken for cops though.

Their racist predecessors should have never been given mercy.

Scum of the earth, and they have the nerve to come at us being ''thugs''...

Damn them.

More and more, I agree. The north should have completely crushed the south. History is written by the victors and we should have forced the removal of all this confederate shit, not allowed any confederate statues and taught that the confederacy was based around slavery, none of the "positives" that people try to argue.

As for now, we need to classify these alt right groups terrorist groups and crack down on them. However, Trump and his admin have recodified that and said only to investigate non-white groups as terrorists.

The Detroit Red Wings felt this was serious enough to immediately denounce.

vegmTmS.png

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
Glad to see the team denounce them so quickly and thoroughly. Not sure how much success they'll have legally against them, except maybe force down the YouTube channel, but I wish them luck nevertheless.

A hockey team saw fit to respond to this faster than the president.
While there may be a social justice aspect to this, it's all about the money, this harms their brand.

More and more, I agree. The north should have completely crushed the south. History is written by the victors and we should have forced the removal of all this confederate shit, not allowed any confederate statues and taught that the confederacy was based around slavery, none of the "positives" that people try to argue.

As for now, we need to classify these alt right groups terrorist groups and crack down on them. However, Trump and his admin have recodified that and said only to investigate non-white groups as terrorists.
Yes.

benjipwns

Banned
So wait... all these hours later and the riot police STILL haven't shown up? Wtf is this bullshit?!
They were there, nothing happened, from what was posted in this thread one of the Vanguard fascists sprayed some mace, everyone backed up and regular cops started to disperse everyone.

It's usually part of policy not to stay around in the open if not needed because they become easy targets if they're successful in separating the two sides.

Ah okay, so it's more ghetto rigged riot gear then. Alright, weird they were mistaken for cops though.
The camera shot on the one video was from above and through a tree's limbs and the guy spraying the mace did have a helmet on.

Ogodei

A friend tweeted this about an hour ago. Anybody want to take a crack at this deciphering this?

The explicitly pro-Nazi parts of this group would have a bone to pick with this. This is propaganda saying that the Islamists and the Globalists are the real Nazis, the true inheritors of Hitler's ideology and that to be anti-Nazi is to be White Nationalist (ironically also denouncing fascism by name).

III-V

I thought we are supposed to be in a color blind society where electing Obama put us in a post racial period in America

that was the dream

How many rank and file republicans and conservatives are getting out there and condemning this shit?

Why is the only comment from the Democrat Gov? I would love to see more if you have them, either side of the aisle.

Where is the fucking outrage? Where is the fucking president?

I think this country is ready for a considerable mass migration of people to other countries. I cannot continue to be associated with these people.

CHC

I can't even pretend to take a nuanced stance on this, I just want these people to be crushed out of existence. If that means they die for their disgusting display then all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom