• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

It's Simply Games, they try and make everything drop super quick. It was where I got my PS4 FIFA 14 from a week after the console launch for the same price.

If more retailers follow suit, I'll agree that they may have ordered too much stock in.

EDIT: Am laughing that the last-gen versions are more expensive now though.

It's still too quick especially for next-gen versions. Last gen there was always great deals from supermarkets, Amazon price match on day 1 but online retailers never dropped the price of a new COD by 10 pounds 4 days after launch.

To me this sounds like they are afraid bad reviews from big sites will kill the legs of the game instead of this becoming a Christmas wishlist product like it was predicted to be.

jimi_dini

I have contacted Keyser to create a new thread. I hope he reads it soon.

btw. "Punch-Out" arrived (from The Game Collection). It was obviously a used copy, that was re-shrink-wrapped. At least they included the manual + advertisements + (useless) Club Nintendo code.

I also found another company, that sells Bayonetta Book Of Angels. Just came home and it's already sold out :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
simplygames also have the PS4 for £299, or the Xbox one with Destiny for £319 this weekend (inc free next day delivery)

I have contacted Keyser to create a new thread. I hope he reads it soon.

Keyser has won the lottery and does no longer care about going cheaper. ;-)

btw. "Punch-Out" arrived (from The Game Collection). It was obviously a used copy, that was re-shrink-wrapped. At least they included the manual + advertisements + (useless) Club Nintendo code.

I also found another company, that sells Bayonetta Book Of Angels. Just came home and it's already sold out :p

So yet another site we can add to the ever growing shop-with-caution list...

I WILL POST A NEW THREAD LATER TODAY

Please watch this bunny when I am working on the new thread

xMcZuoh.gif

Thank you

Okay, instead of just copying the old OP over, I am thinking of adding a few more sections so as people can check the OP for information on something as the thread grows. One of the problems of this thread was that people used to ask similar questions about codes and vouchers over and over again - so doing this might help give people that info more directly.

I am just trying to figure out the best order to put things in, and what sections might actually help people looking for deals. So, the new thread will go up tomorrow morning instead - might as well try to get it right rather than rushing it

#keepbunnysafe

Okay, instead of just copying the old OP over, I am thinking of adding a few more sections so as people can check the OP for information on something as the thread grows. One of the problems of this thread was that people used to ask similar questions about codes and vouchers over and over again - so doing this might help give people that info more directly.
I'm sure you are more than capable of doing the right thing. Flubit is infrequently asked about for example, (search this thread as some of us have provided explanations a few times).

It needs three things only.

1) Instructions on how to buy stuff from US PSN.
2) An explanation that if you order something from Zavvi it will be slow, wrong, or just go missing entirely.
3) A link to the thread where you can get Zavvi coupons.

Azuardo

Warnings about GAME (and now TGC?) that some games that have been out a little while often will not be 'new and sealed' despite being listed as 'New' on the site. GAME often ships 'New' games damaged and clearly pre-owned, sometimes with no Club Nintendo slips and either with no wrapper sealing or resealed with their own plastic film.

People ask a lot about cheapest places for PSN vouchers and/or PS+. I'm unsure, but is the cheapest method using cdkeys and the Facebook codes? I'm in need of PS+ again myself, but don't fully know where to buy the cheapest from, but I know it gets thrown about in this topic.

People ask a lot about cheapest places for PSN vouchers and/or PS+. I'm unsure, but is the cheapest method using cdkeys and the Facebook codes? I'm in need of PS+ again myself, but don't fully know where to buy the cheapest from, but I know it gets thrown about in this topic.

The cheapest PSN price will always be an evolving thing. It's been cdkeys for a while but it probably won't be in two years.

Azuardo

The cheapest PSN price will always be an evolving thing. It's been cdkeys for a while but it probably won't be in two years.

It's extremely tough to splash out since I used to get lucky and buy £20 PS+ sales...I should have stocked up because PS4 has forced it to rise. Once you pay £20, it's hard to pay ~£33+ even if that's the cheapest :/ Luckily don't have many PS4 games that I really need multiplayer for, but missing the free PS+ games is a bummer.

I'd be happy to keep the OP updated to display the current cheapest/trusted sites for things such as download codes, and stuff like that. Stuff that needs to be updated every hour might be a bit too much (it is a bit too much!), but for those that change weekly (or every few days), I'd be up for that. Anything that makes the OP more helpful rather that people having to trawl through the thread for answers has to be good.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
It needs three things only.

1) Instructions on how to buy stuff from US PSN.
2) An explanation that if you order something from Zavvi it will be slow, wrong, or just go missing entirely.
3) A link to the thread where you can get Zavvi coupons.

Also a link to PAsia coupons thread.

And one to that website which tells you which languages any given sku contains, maybe it'd be nice

Current coupon thread is only 5 pages. I think this experiment failed.

It's not really as much a problem as it was. At the time that thread was started, Zavvi were giving coupons out like mad and this thread was about 75% coupon talk.

They've really calmed down, so it's not so bad now, personally I still prefer that coupon talk goes there though - someone asking for a coupon is of literally no benefit to anyone else using this thread, I mean, nobody opens this thread to see if anyone's asking for coupons today. This thread should be for deals and discussion directly related to those deals. Again, that's just how I see it, maybe others feel differently.

jimi_dini

They've really calmed down, so it's not so bad now, personally I still prefer that coupon talk goes there though - someone asking for a coupon is of literally no benefit to anyone else using this thread

Sure, but if we mix the current coupon thread into this one, that would be 1% of all posts being about coupons. I don't see this as a problem at all. Noone gives away coupons like crazy anymore. If that changes (I doubt that), we could still go back. But currently I don't see a point in the separate coupon thread.

I actually posted a few coupons in here, because of their expiration date. If I posted them into the official coupon thread, almost everyone would have missed them.

Sure, but if we mix the current coupon thread into this one, that would be 1% of all posts being about coupons.

Overall, yeah, , over a period of years, but like I say, in the period around the time the thread was started it was nearer to 75%. It was absurd, and it was necessary because obviously no one foresaw Zavvi deciding to just stop giving out about a million less coupons a week.

I agree it's not as necessary now as it was then. To be honest, if people have coupons then I don't mind them being posted here at all since they're rarer than they were. It's just coupon begging which is boring and shit, so having another thread for that is nice.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Obviously, I still see that thread as a benefit, I don't think the experiment failed at all, on the contrary it succeeded. Coupon's begging slowed down a lot and that was the primary reason, having a new thread and new OP will help matters even more, IMO.

Btw, got my AMAZON UK's Bayo2 email, saying they're investigating (lol) and get back to me by 16/09

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Lads i received a £10 off ebay deal from Paypal, was legit as I contacted PayPal. I went to use it but says balance has been used? I've contacted PayPal but no response?

Tizoc

I searched but couldn't find any prices that interest me, so where's the cheapest to get:
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
LoZ: Link between worlds
Child of Light (Vita Retail)

I asked before but I don't think anyone managed to find any deals worth noting ^^;

I searched but couldn't find any prices that interest me, so where's the cheapest to get:
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
LoZ: Link between worlds
Child of Light (Vita Retail)

I asked before but I don't think anyone managed to find any deals worth noting ^^;

CoL is cheapest at Amazon, I guess.

Zelda has been cheaper (£25ish) than what it's sold for atm (£30ish).

Tizoc

CoL is cheapest at Amazon, I guess.

Zelda has been cheaper (£25ish) than what it's sold for atm (£30ish).

Hmm I could get a used copy of Link between worlds from them, but does the game have any DLC? If anything I would miss out on the Stars but it's a minor thing for a 21 Poundish copy.

Thanks I'll prob. get both from them soon.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Cheapest place for years PSN can be UK or US

Also, is Amazon/Shopto cheapest place for DS4 controller atm?

zaphod79

Cheapest place for years PSN can be UK or US

Also, is Amazon/Shopto cheapest place for DS4 controller atm?

UK PS+ can be bought from cdkeys for about £33 (like them on facebook to get a code to knock it down to that price)

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus

They sometimes do US PSN as well but are currently out of stock (about £26 for that) , other than than you could just get it from Amazon.com for $50 which is just over £30

Sainsburys have recently had some offers for DS4's around the £40 mark but it seems to only be in store and your luck may vary

Looking on Amazon and if you want to try your luck with the merchant side you can get a basic black one for £35 or so but i think i'd rather go for Tesco

Tesco only have the black in stock at £49 and there is still a valid code floating around for a £10 off £50 spend if you want to add a £1 dvd to your basket and as long as your in the UK and can go pick it up from a store you'll get it for £40

Certinty

My PS+ runs out today. Maybe not the place to ask but since we're on this topic if I decide to renew it in a few weeks time will I regain access to all the PS+ games i've already downloaded?

illusionary

My PS+ runs out today. Maybe not the place to ask but since we're on this topic if I decide to renew it in a few weeks time will I regain access to all the PS+ games i've already downloaded?

Yep, a break in your subscription isn't a problem - you'll pick up right where you were when you resubscribe.

Yep, a break in your subscription isn't a problem - you'll pick up right where you were when you resubscribe.

But you can't move from EU PSN to US PSN or anything, obviously.

On the topic of new threads, is a European B/S/T thread still on the cards? I'd still like to see that happen, and I'm sure I'm not alone there. As the main thread is unsurprisingly, very US-centric.

We tried it, it failed. The thread is probably still there in Community if you just want to search for it so you can use it whenever you want.

On the topic of new threads, is a European B/S/T thread still on the cards? I'd still like to see that happen, and I'm sure I'm not alone there. As the main thread is unsurprisingly, very US-centric.

Never thought about it before, but I have a new & sealed copy of PS3 Dark Souls 2 Black Armour Edition which I'm trying to offload, and I'd be happy to trade it for something. I'll try to find the old topic and give it a bump.

jimi_dini

Booo, the price has gone up slightly? Was just under 3000 yen before, wasn't it? Few quid difference I think, but still cheapest around.

Yeah, it was around 3000 Yen. I don't know the exact cost anymore, because strangely the controller isn't listed under my order history. Were around 21EUR + 4EUR shipping.

It's still way cheaper than in Europe. amazon.co.uk has the black one for 37pounds. The white one is import only and is offered by 3rd party for 40pounds.
amazon.de has it for 43EUR. White one for 55EUR (!).

Will post the new thread soon. It will not be the full new OT, just a slight update of the old one. Will fill it out with the new stuff over time though (promise!). Bit sick since friday, and no energy to even sit down and lazily play games - so to try to write/format a new OP wont work.

I dont even understand what I have done here...

NgooB9p.png

Stuff in new OP

Updated header
Gamestacker mentions deleted (it is more or less useless)
Play mentions deleted (very different since last OP)
The Game Collection "New" game warning added
Some other links added/removed (CamelCamelCamel for example)

Azuardo

The Game Collection "New" game warning added

The prime culprit for this should be GAME, not TGC - but since someone here recently mentioned it has happened with TGC, too, then they need to be listed alongside GAME as a word of warning. But GAME is 100% the evil-doer with regards to this issue more than any other retailer.

Thanks for working on this whilst being sick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom