• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash Announced (3DS, October, side-scroller, Amiibo bundle available)

Rich!

In the JP stream.

Seems to integrate 2D gameplay.

iuosmw.png

No idea if it's N3DS exclusive or not...I don't understand japanesesees.

Alrus

Yeah that Amiibo is probably not leaving Japan, or it's going to be so limited it'll be impossible to find 2 years before it actually releases.

Kouriozan

*zombie voice*
Aaaaaaamiiiiiboooooo....

Looks somewhat interesting, at least the IP is not dead.
Maybe they are releasing an Amiibo because it's getting a game on Wii U?

OMG, yes! A fully fledged Chibi-Robo???

I'm still upset we never got the second DS game. ;_;

The first one had a bit of 2D stuff too. Interesting.

O___________________________________________O

It looks like a fully 2D platformer staring Chibi Robo, not a traditional one

Shiggy

Who's the person at Nintendo that keeps on greenlighting Chibi Robo projects? Their budgets aren't too high obviously, but didn't the games sell pretty badly? Give me more Art Style.

VLQ

Who's the person at Nintendo that keeps on greenlighting Chibi Robo projects? Their budgets aren't too high obviously, but didn't the games sell pretty badly? Give me more Art Style.

it's most popular skip ltd franchise, i believe

PokéKong

I am so happy this series is alive, I really enjoyed the last one.

But it is so sad how you can finally own your very own real Chibi-Robo, but they gotta make him sit down so he doesn't break off the base. Not a very iconic position.

ssjChris

Neo Member
I never played a Chibi Robo game but if the states are the #1 country for amiibo, I wonder if they will give us a digital only release of the game and give us the amiibo. Then again, it is Nintendo and they need 3DS games so they might give it a chance. I personally hate digital only releases for 3DS games that are physical in Japan.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm always amazed when they announce a new Chibi-Robo game. The first game was so obscure and nobody played it, so I thought for sure the series was dead in the water. But no, they just kept making them. Now there's like five of them, aren't there?

@MUWANdo

Banned
I'm always amazed when they announce a new Chibi-Robo game. The first game was so obscure and nobody played it, so I thought for sure the series was dead in the water. But no, they just kept making them. Now there's like five of them, aren't there?

One for Gamecube (with a New Play Control Wii port in Japan), two for DS (one released in NA as a Walmart exclusive), one for 3DS eShop and now this game, so yeah, five.

Top Bottom