• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clarkson's Farm

Kenpachii

Weakest season i would say, still watches well and had no problem moving to the end.

Hope they continue on making more seasons.

JCK75

What I love about this show is I feel a majority of people look down on farmers as being unskilled dumb hicks with no education..
And when you see the planning that goes into all of this it's unreal.. you walk away with a whole new respect.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
What I love about this show is I feel a majority of people look down on farmers as being unskilled dumb hicks with no education..
And when you see the planning that goes into all of this it's unreal.. you walk away with a whole new respect.

People that look down on farming are foolish. Like college students saying cattle farms are dangerous to the environment is absolute ignorance.

I look down on giant corporate farms and GMO seed that they plant and then try to use to drive family farmers out of business. We need more families moving into farming.

Rocinante618

Neo Member
Binged the third season in 2 days! Very good but did feel a bit more artificial than the first - hovercraft?!, meeting the PM, nettle soup, dam building scenes, remote controlled mini bulldozer... were weird & unnecessary. Episode 4 was incredible, vivid, raw and bare - no cuts for the public. Jezza jokes along with Lisa are classic, I have grown to like Charlie and dislike Caleb, he keeps yapping the same, has become quite irritating now.

Excited for the fourth, I wonder what Jeremy will do next.

winjer

Gold Member
This is Clarkson, he is a showman not a farmer. We can put the showman in a farm, he is still going to be a show man.
And the whole premise of the show is the fish out of water trope.
So of course, most of the time he will be trying new stuff that probably goes wrong.
Anyone that has ever seen Top Gear knows the saying "what could possibly go wrong"
In a way, Clarkson's farm is an extension of the Top Gear episode, when the 3 guys got some tractors and went farming. (Series 9, Episode 5)

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I knew about the crash. But didn't know about the lawsuit.

Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff chose not to sue the BBC after a horrific crash on Top Gear put him out of action for months, sources close to the former England cricket captain have claimed.

Mr Flintoff, 45, is understood to have negotiated a £9million settlement with the corporation for two years' loss of earnings. Both Mr Flintoff and the BBC are reportedly 'satisfied' with the agreement.

Top Bottom