• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clarkson's Farm

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I've always thought that Clarkson is only controversial among studio exec type people, not normal people.

Are you saying that there was a subsection of executives at Amazon Studios who absolutely hated the fact Clarkson's Farm was doing so well, and did everything they could to get the show cancelled, but were ultimately rebuffed by the head of scripted production, and made to look extremely silly, once the viewing figures came in?

AJUMP23

Gold Member

I DEMAND WE USE THE OFFICIAL THREAD!!!!

Great show can't wait.

HAYA8U5A

Lachlan Murdoch Reaction GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

Is it only 2 parts?

Each "part" consists of 4 episodes so it is the same as the first two seasons with 8 episodes.

Last edited:

HAYA8U5A

Yeah I would like more too but the same is at least good. Unlike Our Man in India being 3 episodes when Japan and Italy had 6 episodes. That was such a letdown when James started wrapping it up when I was still expecting more episodes.

Last edited:

Tams

The local council from that town is like top 10 TV villains material.

Looking forward to the next season!

I work with local councillors in the UK, and even with them being on my side they drive me up the wall!

One had me out until 7pm last night going around the local area.

jonnyp

I thought the show has confirmed a fourth season is happening?

Ah seems you're right, there were numerous reports it had been after his Markle comments but seems like things have changed doing a quick search. Looks like they aren't complete idiots at Amazon after all.

Last edited:

Sonik

Genuinely amusing show even though Clarkson is a massive twat.

I'll take a genuine twat like Clarkson that is self-aware, charismatic and can talk to regular people like a normal human being over the fake as fuck entertainment people nowadays that are not only obnoxious but also extremely boring. There's a reason people enjoy watching him do even the most mundane shit and are still bored to death watching modern "entertainment"

Futaleufu

Great season, as good as the previous.

Most of my family are farmers and here it sucks so much they can no longer harvest cereals and expect it to be profitable. Most of the cultives now are hazelnuts and several types of berries. The weather has gone so crazy that the last batch of corn is being harvested right now when it should've been done by the end of February.

winjer

Gold Member
Clarkson's Farm season's 4 has already been confirmed by Amazon. So we can look forwards to that.
But it will probably be released in 2025.

On the other hand, the last episode of the Grand Tour is already filmed and set to air in September 2024.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Clarkson's Farm season's 4 has already been confirmed by Amazon. So we can look forwards to that.
But it will probably be released in 2025.

On the other hand, the last episode of the Grand Tour is already filmed and set to air in September 2024.

I think it's going to be roughly this time next year they broadcast it. They're filming it at the moment. And there's a lot of talk about it being sold to ITV as well, which will only increase the money rolling in. I reckon Clarkson's good for seasons 4 and 5 and that'll be it.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Not surprised by the audience's reaction to it.

2nd most streamed show in the UK. One of the most streamed shows across the whole of Amazon Prime. Absolutely fucking dicked Rings Of Power... which is hilarious. People were literally threatening to quit at Amazon Studios if it got renewed for a fourth season, because Jeremey was mean to Megan Markle :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
And Clarkson has been elected as Britain's sexiest man. Twice in a row.

It's quite incredible how much money the BBC lost when the knee-jerked and sacked him back in 2015. They could have reprimanded him, sent him on some anger management courses, etc. But there were people there desperate to get rid of him.

Top Gear would have carried on, and Clarkson's Farm would have been on the BBC (he's owned Diddly Squat for many years). May and Hammond also fucked off, with even more loss of revenue. The three of them have been Amazon Prime's most successful UK investment, and one of the best investments made by the division (despite even more idiots wanting Clarkson gone for the same reasons as the BBC twats).

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
It's quite incredible how much money the BBC lost when the knee-jerked and sacked him back in 2015. They could have reprimanded him, sent him on some anger management courses, etc. But there were people there desperate to get rid of him.

Top Gear would have carried on, and Clarkson's Farm would have been on the BBC (he's owned Diddly Squat for many years). May and Hammond also fucked off, with even more loss of revenue. The three of them have been Amazon Prime's most successful UK investment, and one of the best investments made by the division (despite even more idiots wanting Clarkson gone for the same reasons as the BBC twats).

political correctness is a bias that can blind you from making good business decisions. When it comes to these ideologies You really just need to virtue signal than do all the nasty stuff you want to behind the scenes.

winjer

Gold Member

And the funny part is that Top Gear is now dead, after several years languishing in mediocrity.

The main culprits of the end of the "old" Top Gear was of Dany Cohen and Tony Hall.
They always hated Clackson and wanted to get rid of him.
For quite a while, that was impossible, because Top Gear was owned by "Better Six", a media company created by Clackson and Willman.
But when they sold back the rights to the BBC, things shifted. For the worst.

The problem is that they miscalculated what Hammond and May would do. They thought that they could get rid of Clarkson and the other 2 would stay. Then they would just have to find someone to replace him.
That did not happen, obviously.

But what is most indicative that getting rid of Clarkson was a hit piece and not justified, is that for many years, the BBC board was protecting a few pedophiles. Most notably, Jimmy Saville.
It makes no sense, that raping children is allowed and protected by the BBC. But a punch is worthy of getting fired.
There is something very sick inside that corporation.

Futaleufu

And the funny part is that Top Gear is now dead, after several years languishing in mediocrity.

The main culprits of the end of the "old" Top Gear was of Dany Cohen and Tony Hall.
They always hated Clackson and wanted to get rid of him.
For quite a while, that was impossible, because Top Gear was owned by "Better Six", a media company created by Clackson and Willman.
But when they sold back the rights to the BBC, things shifted. For the worst.

The problem is that they miscalculated what Hammond and May would do. They thought that they could get rid of Clarkson and the other 2 would stay. Then they would just have to find someone to replace him.
That did not happen, obviously.

But what is most indicative that getting rid of Clarkson was a hit piece and not justified, is that for many years, the BBC board was protecting a few pedophiles. Most notably, Jimmy Saville.
It makes no sense, that raping children is allowed and protected by the BBC. But a punch is worthy of getting fired.
There is something very sick inside that corporation.

Top Gear is dead because one of the new hires, who crashed a 3 wheeler and scraped the asphalt with his face leaving him scarred for life, decided to sue the BBC. None of the original "boys" would've done that.

winjer

Gold Member
Top Gear is dead because one of the new hires, who crashed a 3 wheeler and scraped the asphalt with his face leaving him scarred for life, decided to sue the BBC. None of the original "boys" would've done that.

I knew about the crash. But didn't know about the lawsuit.

winjer

Gold Member
BTW, Drive Tribe made a report about the Polar Pick-up. And there were a couple of surprises that I did not know about.
One of them is related to console gaming...

Top Bottom