• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic N64 mini real ? new leaked info. [UP: old info]

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
well kinda glad it's not the real list in the end.
i really don't expect goldeneye tho.

It would be logical that most n64 games already released would make it to the so called n64 mini.rights etc.
And i still don't know if the same mini nes/snes hardware can run all those games perfect.

Mario Tennis but no Mario Golf seems odd to me. Like others, surprised to see no Smash or Pilotwings.

But I guess these game lists always have the unusual omission or two, subjectively speaking.

Raster

Neo Member
No Pokemon Stadium?

Nintendo really should release a N64 Classic though, I've been meaning to replay some N64 games but their Virtual Console versions are quite bad.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Surely Nintendo could make a deal with MS, especially now that they are on friendly terms.

ItemCollector

Neo Member
If true then it confirms my fears for this collection. If it hasn’t got anything by Rare then it’s not worth having. The best games have already been remastered.

I can get this, I wish it had something like Quest 64 as well.

The current line up is not bad at all though.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
No Mario Party (1) but Mario Party 2

Only a fanboy would put that

Fake

yophlow

Banned
So, let me say that mini N64 will not happen. Controllers are way too expensive to make.

That being said, it's nice to dream. Here is the gold standard of 40 games that would make the N64 mini the deal of the century. Just imagine if this thing existed...

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Pilotwings 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Goldeneye 007
Banjo Kazooie
Smash Bros
Blast Corps
Tetrisphere
Mario Party 2
1080 Snowboarding
Donkey Kong 64
Perfect Dark
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Doddy Kong Racing
Star Fox 64
Paper Mario
Yoshi's Story
Wave Race 64
Excite Bike 64
Jet Force Gemini
Pokemon Snap
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
F-Zero X
Mario Golf
WWF Attitude
WCW vs. NWO: World Tour
Turok
Turok 2
Kirby 64
Bomberman 64
Hybrid Heaven
Mario Tennis
Body Harvest
Mystical Ninja
Mischief Makers
Space Station Silicon Valley
Snowboard Kids
Pokemon Stadium

wipeout364

So, let me say that mini N64 will not happen. Controllers are way too expensive to make.

That being said, it's nice to dream. Here is the gold standard of 40 games that would make the N64 mini the deal of the century. Just imagine if this thing existed...

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Pilotwings 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora’s Mask
Goldeneye 007
Banjo Kazooie
Smash Bros
Blast Corps
Tetrisphere
Mario Party 2
1080 Snowboarding
Donkey Kong 64
Perfect Dark
Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Doddy Kong Racing
Star Fox 64
Paper Mario
Yoshi’s Story
Wave Race 64
Excite Bike 64
Jet Force Gemini
Pokemon Snap
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
F-Zero X
Mario Golf
WWF Attitude
WCW vs. NWO: World Tour
Turok
Turok 2
Kirby 64
Bomberman 64
Hybrid Heaven
Mario Tennis
Body Harvest
Mystical Ninja
Mischief Makers
Space Station Silicon Valley
Snowboard Kids
Pokemon Stadium
That’s a good list if we are dreaming I would add:
Doom 64
The rush games
Ogre battle 64
Maybe the Acclaim baseball and football titles
Star Wars rogue squadron and shadow of the empire
Winback
The castlevania titles
Nightmare creatures
Wipeout 64 (of course)

Krooner

It's GameBoy next.

The SGI patents run out in 2019/2020, if they did it now they'd have to cut them a cheque. They'll wait until the patent has expired.

Chastten

Banned
I would still buy the hell out of it, but that list is severely lacking some titles.

Super Smash Bros, Mario Golf, Diddy Kong Racing and Jet Force gemini being among them.

Tadaima

I can see Diddy Kong Racing, and possibly another Rare game or two (such as Banjo), making the cut.

Microsoft and Nintendo are on good terms these days. Inclusion of such titles would nicely round out the library and renew interest in some franchises in a way that Microsoft cannot.

Microsoft/Xbox would probably make the first move here. Kimishima is a numbers man first and foremost. A favourable agreement is not unlikely.

It's just the web manuals that Wii U Virtual Console uses, when you select "view original manual" from the interface it redirects you to a webpage hosting the PDF. (The same was done with Earthbound and the player's guide).

TannerDemoz

I can see Diddy Kong Racing, and possibly another Rare game or two (such as Banjo), making the cut.

Microsoft and Nintendo are on good terms these days. Inclusion of such titles would nicely round out the library and renew interest in some franchises in a way that Microsoft cannot.

Microsoft/Xbox would probably make the first move here. Kimishima is a numbers man first and foremost. A favourable agreement is not unlikely.

Agreed.

1080° Snowboarding and F-Zero X are pretty good games. But yeah, no thanks. My SNES Classic will keep me busy for the next decades.

Btw., a 1080 1080p-remaster would be nice.

GraRuss

Neo Member
A capable N64 home emulation system that most likely you'll be able to add your own missing ROMs to.

It'll sell.

woopWOOP

No Smash or Pilotwings would be a real bummer

Would love to have Mischief Makers or a Goemon too

Still there's some good games in there so I'd end up buying one for those anyway

Top Bottom