• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comcept becomes Level5 subsidiary by the name of Level5 Comcept

Fisty

Damn, the ultimate businessman. Can't believe he was actually able to sell the company after the Mighty No. 9 fiasco that burned the studio's credibility to the ground

L Thammy

Inafune can pitch the ideas he won't be able to realize, and then Hino can run them into the ground. It's a match made in heaven.

Why is Red Ash dead? Did the Chinese publisher back out or something?
If I remember correctly Red Ash was supposed to be one of the games that appeared on a Chinese console called Tomahawk F1 made by Fuze (the company that paid for the Red Ash Kickstarter goals). It seems that Fuze is no longer releasing the Tomahawk F1 and since that was why they were paying for Red Ash I guess that Fuze is no longer gonna paying for its development. I could be wrong since it's hard to find information on Fuze and it's console but that's what I remember reading. It doesn't help that the leaked ova of Red Ash didn't include Comcept on its credits but maybe they just haven't put it in since the leaked ova wasn't completely finished.

Horse manure would've been a better investment. I'm willing to be surprised, but after MN9 I'm kinda glad Red Ash never took off, who knows how that would've turned out.

What is Level 5 doing.

I guess Inafune and Hino are buddies or something because acquiring that company makes no sense for anybody.
I suppose if you were already interested in starting up another development studio, it might have its benefits to spend a little more for 15 employees. Inafune said they were only 15 people working there so it's not like it was some massive buyout. They already said they were going to greatly expand the team so by the time they are done staffing it. It won't even be Comcept anymore. With that said this could be beneficial for both Inafune and L5 or a recipe for disaster given each developers history.

Top Bottom