• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

International Iron Man hardcover collecting the entire series (that totally ends abruptly) 1-6 is $30.

Marvel

EFy9n3c.gif

Come the fuck on.
That Marvel hospitality son.

Messi

BTW I'm totally sad about how abruptly that ends and it's like... Read more about this shit in another book. But I don't give a shit about Doom. I am way more interested in reading about the Tony in this book I've been buying.

tim1138

I very much enjoyed the issue of All-New Toeverine that Squirrel Girl showed up in. I'm continually amazed that I like a Tom Taylor comic.

kmfdmpig

Has anyone read Wonder Woman The True Amazon?

I didn't know about it at all until seeing the ads for it in this weeks' titles.

It gets very mixed reviews on Amazon (it sounds more divisive than most Wonder Woman stories).

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/wonder-woman-the-true-amazon

Part of me feels like I don't really need another retelling/re-imagining of her origin as I've read both Rucka and Morrison's take on that in the last few months, but I enjoyed them both, so if this is comparable I'd give it a shot.

TheFlow

Banned
Yessssss. Me too. I'm up to chapter 3. Two things to remember, you can build upwards. All my towns have multiple floors. Don't build outside the area with the happy town music, because anything outside that area will get temporarily wiped away for the boss fight. I learned that the hard way.

Isn't Falcon a little too old for that team? Unless he wants to fill the creepy uncle role.

Hmmm..... Very tempting.

When Trump wins, people will be less optimistic about everyone not dying.

I am down. Call me Freeza Rockatansky.

I have been sleeping. Where is the newses. Tell me the newses.

Legend of Dragoon was a really solid game. I'm a bit surprised it never saw a sequel. On the other hand, my favorite JRPG in recent years has to be Lost Odyssey. Probably one of the best examples of the modern JRPG I've played.

Red She-Hulk was always a gimmick. Same with Red Hulk. Copycat characters like that don't really have what it takes to carry their own books for the long haul. Luckily, Jen isn't dead and will have her own solo book coming starting December. I expect it to be angrier than past She-Hulk comics.

I think I'll be waiting for price-drops on both Titanfall 2 and Infinite Warfare. Dishonored II is the next big game for me.

Ha ha barely.

It means you've been sleeping on it, son.

falcon would probably be what starfire is to the current teen titans age wise. but I think he is college age at the most.

Messi

Actually enjoying the current arc of All New X-men quite a bit. The post Apocalypse stuff. Enjoyed the issue about Laura going out on her own and the issue about Bobby trying to meet guys at a club most.

I'm mostly digital with everything other than double dipping on image trades and buying old DC runs in trade.
I'm digital with nearly everything Marvel save for Mark Waid's Daredevil, Fraction's Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder and Uncanny X-Force. Probably gonna pick up the Whedon and Morrison X-Men runs... maybe the entire Claremont run too. Oh yeah, and Vision. Marvel Unlimited is a godsend when wanting to read older runs.

I've got a few DC trades which are all Batman stories. Going to pick up a few more as well as some Superman stuff. The rest is digital.

No Image trades yet but I do plan on picking up quite a lot.

VanWinkle

Well, technically not my birthday for another half hour or so, but I got my gifts from my wife today because of scheduling tomorrow. I'm pumped! Some awesome stuff.

The comics I got:
QgE0xxX.jpg

All stuff I'm excited for and have been wanting to read!

My main gift was this guitar (along with custom-embroidered guitar strap). I've played drums for about 10 years now, but I've always wanted to learn to play guitar. My family is very musically-inclined, but right-handed guitars have never felt natural to me as a leftie. So my wife bought me a leftie guitar and I'm so excited!

The strap she made for me is so cool, too.
PUG2h30.jpg

Also, I rearranged my bookshelves in my home office and made one double as a TV stand. Unfortunately I can't center the TV because the XB1 is so huge. :(
LvuvZNi.jpg

Hey, Happy Birthday VanWinkle! The Immortal Iron Fist is sooooo so rad. Hope you dig it!

Love the stickers on your mighty AXE! Have you chosen a worthy name for it??

VanWinkle

Hey, Happy Birthday VanWinkle! The Immortal Iron Fist is sooooo so rad. Hope you dig it!

Love the stickers on your mighty AXE! Have you chosen a worthy name for it??

happy birthday van :D

Happy birthday VanWinkle! Better get to Amazon and 1-click order Goon Library Vol.4.

Thanks guys :D Echo, I haven't sullied the guitar body with stickers (yet...hehe)! Those logos are embroidered onto the guitar strap by my wife! And I haven't thought of a name yet. It will have to give me that inspiration at some point!

Freeza, it's actually finally on IST! As soon as I have a little bit of extra funds I will be ordering it. Maybe a family member will give me a little money or something.

Thor: God of Thunder - Vol. 1: The God Butcher
[5/5]: Wow. I really liked the way Aaron weaved the three different perspectives to tell the story. And what an interesting story to start the run off with as well. Even if the concept feels like it's been used a ton of times before, its still such a refreshing take on it. Fantastic art as well. I have some concerns about how the larger arc might play out (general tropeyness of it) but I'll wait and see how it plays out first.

Thanks guys :D Echo, I haven't sullied the guitar body with stickers (yet...hehe)! Those logos are embroidered onto the guitar strap by my wife! And I haven't thought of a name yet. It will have to give me that inspiration at some point!

Freeza, it's actually finally on IST! As soon as I have a little bit of extra funds I will be ordering it. Maybe a family member will give me a little money or something.

Ohhhhhh now I get it lol. Had the brightness way down on my phone.

mreddie

Agents of SHIELD ended as well...fuck spoilers.

Ward double crosses SHIELD because duh after disarming his neck bomb
Agent Hill lets Coulson join back SHIELD
Phil got shot by Fitz
Fitz was actually a triple agent
Jemma who got some virus from the start is series is cured but is now a Deathlok
Quake is in it and wasted

Some other things happen but I just gave up, I dunno what happened in the last issue but who cares, this book was trash, Waid did the TV team justice...this shit can burn.

Top Bottom