• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Resident Evil 2, Hell Let Loose, and More

I think it's a pretty bad batch. RE2 Remake came out back in 2019.. anyone that wanted to play it has already done so. Valhalla is meh, and the rest are just indie fillers. Just unsub and get the sub once Persona 3 Reload releases next month.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Sending all the power to GSC. Buying this to support even with Game Pass day 1.

This is probably gonna be a bit janky at launch but who gives a fuck, GSC deserve the massive win.

Last edited:

hlm666

Awesome but sucks that EA Play and Ubisoft games on PC GP don’t get achievements
It sucks more that we have to install uplay and eaplay or whatever the current branding is. I used streaming to play that fenix immortals game so I didn't have to install uplay, seeing that shit runs on xbox hardware you get a pretty average console experience but you get achievements, i'm not sure if you value them enough to stream the games to get them but if you do you can get them that way.

twilo99

Got a feeling Stalker 2 isnt going to be as good as we hope it is. Apart from the obvious problems involving development, i feel eve nthe older games were not for everyone, and i feel this will be reviewed in that sense.

6/10 at best with mostly negatives on Steam

xrnzaaas

Odyssey is the best of the PS4 era AC games, IMO. Best protag, best world to explore and some surprisingly good DLC.
I disagree. Bayek completely destroys protagonists from 2 other games. He's probably the second most memorable AC protagonist after Ezio. As with the setting a lot depends on your personal taste. I love Ancient Egypt so being able to visit various pyramids or Alexandria was a blast.

adamsapple

If you’ve played Stalker games in the past, jank is pretty normal.

Oh yeah, I meant more technical jank, like bugs and glitches and not locked performance at launch, considering the circumstances of the games development.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
You will play Hell let loose!

..Oh, That Hell let loose? it's pretty good 👍

You should try that.

Give me more to shoot at :messenger_sunglasses:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Oh yeah, I meant more technical jank, like bugs and glitches and not locked performance at launch, considering the circumstances of the games development.
That’s what I meant too. The Stalker games never seemed super optimized in the past, especially at their launch. But still very playable.

twilo99

Very slow paced game, if you move out in the open much at all your likely down and never knew where the shot came from

I’m sure some people enjoy that sort of gameplay, in a sense that has some realism to it, but I’m just conditioned for fast paced gameplay..

I blame Quake for that.. I remember when I first tried counter strike and thought it was so sluggish lol

Muffdraul

I thought valhalla was already on gamepass.
I'm 99.9% sure it was back when I finally got my Series X about a year and a half ago. If I had to guess I'd say it went away at the beginning of 2023.

EDIT: I must be on crack, I can't find any evidence it was ever on GP before. Maybe I'm thinking of Origins or Odyssey???

Last edited:

adamsapple

I'm 99.9% sure it was back when I finally got my Series X about a year and a half ago. If I had to guess I'd say it went away at the beginning of 2023.

EDIT: I must be on crack, I can't find any evidence it was ever on GP before. Maybe I'm thinking of Origins or Odyssey???

First time Valhalla has been on Game Pass, the other two have been there already, yes.

simpatico

Awesome but sucks that EA Play and Ubisoft games on PC GP don’t get achievements
I’m thankful for EA Play and uPlay. They stop me from buying edge case games I don’t really need. If it’s a game I’m super hyped for I’ve got no problems using either client, but for edge cases it will push me away. I almost bought that new Jedi game during the Christmas sale, but I remembered I’d have to launch it with Origin and decided not to. $30 richer and I didn’t spend 15 hours on slop. Win win. If it was Steam native I’d be $30 poorer and have 30 less brain cells from absorbing that EA writing.

They’re really trying to help us.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I’m thankful for EA Play and uPlay. They stop me from buying edge case games I don’t really need. If it’s a game I’m super hyped for I’ve got no problems using either client, but for edge cases it will push me away. I almost bought that new Jedi game during the Christmas sale, but I remembered I’d have to launch it with Origin and decided not to. $30 richer and I didn’t spend 15 hours on slop. Win win. If it was Steam native I’d be $30 poorer and have 30 less brain cells from absorbing that EA writing.

They’re really trying to help us.

Totally agree. I've been completely happy to wait for Madden, Avatar, Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, etc.. etc.. to hit Game Pass rather than buying them outright. It's saved me a ton of money.

adamsapple

BG 1and 2 is on console? How does it play on a controller? Passable? I might set up my One X just to play it in my bedroom.

I've actually never played BG1/2 on controller either before, based on the video it looks .. manageable.

BG3 I'm currently playing on Xbox and the controls seem .. fine for the most part. The need to go through a multi-page wheel can be cumbersome when you have to access items/things that aren't on the very first page.

nikos

Anyone tried Super Mega Baseball 4 on PC Game Pass? Doesn't seem to support controllers for some reason.

It worked with my Xbox Series controller. Haven't tried DualSense yet, but I think it felt better on mouse anyway.

Last edited:

nikos

Strange. I may have to reinstall the game. I agree though that it works pretty well with mouse.

The aim assist/acceleration felt a bit weird, but there may be a setting for it. Game is definitely fun, even as someone who has no interest in baseball.

Originally typed Series S controller but it was purchased standalone. Think they may have marketed it for Windows at the time but I'm pretty sure they're all the same anyway.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to reading feedback on Hell Let Loose. Had it since it came on PS+. Tried playing it a few times, but man that game is hard for a noob. Never got a single kill. Hoping it has gotten a little easier over time for new players. Will give it another shot if the feedback looks good.
Use you mic to look for friendly people and ask questions. On top of that, take it slow, stop, ADS scan the next hedge row or tree line across the field for about 15 to 30 seconds, check your map to see where friendlies are in relation to you, then move forward and repeat.

The more time you spend understanding how to read the map, the easier it will become to predict enemy movement.

manfestival

bruh for some reason AC Valhalla wont install on my computer and it is super annoying. All of the things on the internet that I have searched have not fixed whatever that issue is. Even more odd cause I played Fenyx and other ubisoft games but whatever.

adamsapple

RE2 is now live on PC and Console game pass, cross-saves should work on both (meaning I can finally get that one last achievement thanks to cheat engine :messenger_grinning_sweat: )

Top Bottom