• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Can't get enough of dat Orbital drop

BjYM4s4IMAAobs5.jpg:orig

BjYMsOvIMAAD_1T.jpg:orig

Lol. Yeah, no. InfamOus Is an open world game that looks better as a package, .

You need to read all the posts that replies are related to and get the context before making such comments (edited), which can be a little insulting really.

The original post was not about which game looked better, which was more impressive (due to open worlds or anything like that)... it was... eh, I'm not going to bother, scroll up and read.

I don't disagree it's a great looking game, however Infamous (it also has a last gen counter part that it trounces graphically) for me had an immediate impact I was amazed to be playing something that looked like that, not being a pc gamer so I'm not used to such image quality. Also when I see a player face I don't think is on par with some of the others it kind of ruins it for me. Especially when one of them is Dirk :(

Yeah fair enough :)

For me, I was replying mainly to the whole 'big jump over current gen' point and how the next gen 2K14 simply couldn't be achieved on PS3/360.

I also agree with Dirk looking off ;) I think there are unfortunately a bunch of players that they weren't able to facescan before launching. Hopefully fixed for '15.

Two more from PS4 Ground Zeroes...

1932597_1485613998325625_1190686014_o.jpg

1540447_1485614098325615_421622838_o.jpg

I just found a way to disable the hud for screenshots. Its similar to my Killzone dof trick. When you pause the game the hud dissapears for a split second. Record and then go through the video frame by frame is the easiest way.

Thanks!! I'll try that out later when I get the chance.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Revisiting an oldie. I didn't take any environment shots of it, so why not

13351844173_deb826239a_o.png

13351854403_2e084acdcd_o.png

13351837263_cacc048906_o.png

Revisiting an oldie. I didn't take any environment shots of it, so why not

13351844173_deb826239a_o.png

13351854403_2e084acdcd_o.png

13351837263_cacc048906_o.png

ryse is a nice looking game. i managed to have a lot fun with it too even though it's relatively shallow in the gameplay department. i can't wait to see what crytek does with the ps4. also, i'd love to see crysis 3 on ps4. porting the whole trilogy would be even better!

eso76

Just beat the game, incredibly fun, mindblowing superpowers and jaw dropping graphics. Sucker Punch have outperformed themselves.

1974159_10203478219660190_1367812481_o.jpg

might pick it up today, so the game does have normal dry weather TOD too, I had only seen overly dramatic sunsets and rainy days/nights

sniperpon

infamous is really the only current gen game that puts last gen to shame

What about the new Killzone title? Every screenshot I've seen of that game has left me stunned. I think it's more impressive than the Infamous shots I've seen.

Holy shit, that draw distance in SS. Was getting tired of last-gen games making buildings into blocky messes when you were anymore than a few feet away. The city looks really varied too. Not one for the Infamous series, but might have to look into it whenever I get a PS4.

nbnt

13352628805_290ff4b068_o.png

13353010204_016487bfbb_o.png

13352615615_55bc6a1d25_o.png

ryse is a nice looking game. i managed to have a lot fun with it too even though it's relatively shallow in the gameplay department. i can't wait to see what crytek does with the ps4. also, i'd love to see crysis 3 on ps4. porting the whole trilogy would be even better!
I enjoyed it too! Can't wait to see what Crytek is working on next, should be amazing.

nbnt

wow Ryse also looks very good
If you think those are impressive, check out the rest of my set. :) It can look mind-blowing at times, with easily the best DoF in a console game.
Timu and others also posted a lot of great Ryse shots in this thread.

So.... Regardless of the system Infamous SS is the best looking game I'm playing right now. That includes anything on PC. Damn game looks like a moving bullshot

phanphare

Banned
That's it. Image quality is superb.

It really doesn't have the best character models, most detailed cities, best textures etc but it just shows how hi-res, brilliant AA, amazing lighting etc all mean so much. It makes Ground Zeroes (even on PS4) look like a last gen game.

not to take away from Infamous SS but Ground Zeroes makes itself look like a last gen game

boeso

Stahp!

This thread is depressing knowing the only game I've got going atm is Dark Souls 2. Beautiful art, but yeah, beautiful art.

might pick it up today, so the game does have normal dry weather TOD too, I had only seen overly dramatic sunsets and rainy days/nights

This is Second sons "sunny" time of day. Just watch the e3 reveal gameplay video to see how it looks. Its that setting.

On street level its much brighter than that screen sells it and its the time of day i like the best. And yes, the rest is all sunsets, night and very cloudy.

Timu

I just found a way to disable the hud for screenshots. Its similar to my Killzone dof trick. When you pause the game the hud dissapears for a split second. Record and then go through the video frame by frame is the easiest way.
Sounds like a hassle, but I'll try it.

Fuck it, I'm gonna buy 2nd Son when I go shopping tonight. I tried to say Ground Zeroes would satisfy me on 4 days off work, but it was done before the 1st day had even dawned.

Infamous: SS looks like a tech demo. So good, can't wait to play more today.

It breaks his movement set a lot because of how amazing the game looks. For instance I should be running at a fast clip jumping from building to building and traversing the landscape at great speeds but instead I find myself doing light jogs everywhere because I don't want to miss anything and his animation cycle is clearly more geared for a fast pace.

EhoaVash

wow the IQ in infamous is amazing, makes me want a ps4 but bah I can't afford one right now q.q maybe next year

anyway, some old shots i took that i forgot about
12824311875_62c813872d_o.jpg

13290702755_7305f2723f_o.jpg

gamepad screen cause I'm too lazy to hook the system up to the tv, such a hassle
13356464483_70a27b5bf5_o.jpg

Loved that level, the boats in the background move along the amazing music in this game <3

commedieu

Banned
You need to read all the posts that replies are related to and get the context before making such comments (edited), which can be a little insulting really.

The original post was not about which game looked better, which was more impressive (due to open worlds or anything like that)... it was... eh, I'm not going to bother, scroll up and read.

I don't even know what you're miffed about. But, infamous is the best looking game out on the ps4/bone.

Orca

Lol. Yeah, no. InfamOus Is an open world game that looks better as a package, than whatever zoomed in justification of those other Lesser titles, and it would Look even better with a smaller scale game style. It means that this will be improved, and it's already raised the bar. It maKes me lOok forward to naughty dogs work. And keep in mind we are just coming off of gta5.

Kz def Looks phenomenal as well.. But InfamOus really hits home with the quality and scale. It maKes me want to get a ps4, and this is the first time since launch that I've been interested in either console as far as "whoah, next gens here."

It's not like everYone saYing this is Some obscure lurker.

I think it's the lack of sleep, but I kept reading this trying to decipher the hidden message from the random capital letters.

Top Bottom