• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

I can never figure if this is an attractive person made ugly, or an ugly person made attractive.

idk but I'm fully attracted to her and idk why lol

Some more KZ:SF from my elgato

iW23LSOXdy6TG.png

ixmU32skGwlSR.png

iiMylyErNbVQ7.png

Ah ma gerd...I want to buy KZSF now after these pics...but I heard the game sucks :(

I'm not a Killzone fan, but never let the opinions of others steer you away from a game you're interested in. Watch some gameplay videos, do some reading up on what the game offers (the facts, not opinions), and then decide for yourself whether you want it or not, then make the leap or don't. This is what gaming is all about. If I had listened to reviews, or the opinions of others over what my own gut was telling me, I wouldn't have kept faith in Ryse, which turns out to be one of the best games I've played this year.

KiraXD

Ah ma gerd...I want to buy KZSF now after these pics...but I heard the game sucks :(

im not a fan of FPS... but i love killzone... the new one is great. If you like FPS games at all.. its much better than the likes of CoD or BF (imo of course)

haikira

I was actually quite discouraged about buying it too, while waiting for the UK launch here, due to divisive reviews and the fact i've had shooter fatigue lately. I'm glad I persisted though. I definitely have some nit picks and the campaign drops a little in quality as it goes, but when it's good, it's great. The meat of the game, gunplay, feels really tight and it's nice playing a game that doesn't rely on easy mode auto aim.

Multiplayer is definitely a tight experience and even when just playing with randoms, I've been surprised how fun objective games have been. It's refreshing to play a multiplayer game that isn't geared towards just grinding experience. I keep meaning to play with GAF, but I keep missing the games or getting invites during awkward times, like when I'm letting my friends play the game.

KiraXD

Heads up... just figured out a way to get uncompressed screenshots off PS4.

Send the image as a message to a secondary account on the PS4

access the secondary account on the PS mobile App.

download the image, upload to PC.

its a longer process... but hey... uncompressed beautiful images!

Timu

Heads up... just figured out a way to get uncompressed screenshots off PS4.

Send the image as a message to a secondary account on the PS4

access the secondary account on the PS mobile App.

download the image, upload to PC.

its a longer process... but hey... uncompressed beautiful images!
...That's not uncompressed, just less compressed than facebook and twitter.o_O

KiraXD

...That's not uncompressed, just less compressed than facebook and twitter.o_O

really? hmm bummer. i assumed the image sent via messages was a copy of the one on your PS4...

so when opening it up on the secondary account on the PS4... its not the same uncompressed image?

UNCMark

Banned

It doesn't suck. It's just mediocre beyond belief. There's absolutely nothing unique or special about the single player campaign outside of the graphics. I wouldn't advise spending 60 dollars on it, but if you get the chance to play it, try it and find out for yourself. Who knows, you might like it.

really? hmm bummer. i assumed the image sent via messages was a copy of the one on your PS4...

so when opening it up on the secondary account on the PS4... its not the same uncompressed image?

The PS4 is compressing them when you take a photo.

Timu

Nah, there's screens like that in this thread and they did look less compressed than the facebook and twitter ones but still quite a bit of compression in areas. Uncompressed ones wouldn't have compression artifacts like my newer shots with the new capture card.

KiraXD

Nah, there's screens like that in this thread and they did look less compressed than the facebook and twitter ones but still quite a bit of compression in areas. Uncompressed ones wouldn't have compression artifacts like my newer shots with the new capture card.

weird. yeah the ones uploaded to FB are about half the file size as the ones on the PS4.. but the ones ive downloaded this way through messages are almost exact same size as the ones on the PS4.
regardless.. i think i like these ones better than the FB uploads... looks a lot cleaner.

ibmoEiclQSFQHE.JPG

ilrg28a0xBk04.JPG

Timu

weird. yeah the ones uploaded to FB are about half the file size as the ones on the PS4.. but the ones ive downloaded this way through messages are almost exact same size as the ones on the PS4.
regardless.. i think i like these ones better than the FB uploads... looks a lot cleaner.

ibmoEiclQSFQHE.JPG

ilrg28a0xBk04.JPG
Yeah using screens from there is much better than using facebook and twitter, but when it comes to lots of things happening on screen and even sudden movement it compresses it to reduce the file size. Like how some shots have more kb/mb than others. It's the same as my old Roxio: Decent in stills, awful in movements/effects. Cutscenes are the easiest to have the best screens of, but when it comes to games like Resogun it's hell, lol.

KiraXD

So, some materials react differently when stepped on... noticed this on a few beds and chairs.. not just a normal footprint texture on everything.. its different on different materials! pretty neat!

idzh0y1hpYJy9.jpg

ibrKoK5ruEnruT.jpg

I took these with the PS4 so there is some compression since the PS4 saves screenshots as .jpgs (I did extract these using the PS App method though so no added FB/Twitter compression).

I have an external capture card and plan on getting an
HDMI splitter
soon but can't resist posting some I took already.

11246239505_7d052e67f2_o.jpg

11246239405_9ed1262914_o.jpg

11246239315_4960884368_o.jpg

Top Bottom