• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4/Vita/PC) Out April 11th

How long does the platinum trophy take? Is it too difficult?

It's a pretty easy platinum. Beat the game & do all the side content and you'll get almost all the trophies just from that. The other trophies aren't too tough either (like beat the first battle in the game on the hardest difficulty).

Have been looking forward to the game. Have it pre-ordered and not sure if I'll wait until after Persona 5 or if I'll dedicate a weekend to it.

gdt

It's a pretty easy platinum. Beat the game & do all the side content and you'll get almost all the trophies just from that. The other trophies aren't too tough either (like beat the first battle in the game on the hardest difficulty).

Hey man.

Will I be able to purchase this on Steam soon? Just checked and I can't at the moment...

Shizuka

That's great to know, hope I'll get to platinum it before I write a proper review.

butman

nintendo-64-kid-o.gif

Dat 2017!

khaaan

Is there a run-down of the mechanics in this game? I know they've had a good bit of thought put behind them but everything I know has been offhand remarks in various posts and an occasional blog post that I can't recall anymore.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Kinda can't believe we're at the finish line with this thing. Also can't believe that this, Bayonetta PC (that's real, right?) and Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition are all out on April 11.

Don't care. I'm buying this the second it goes live.

Great Guy

Excellent. Congrats on being this close to release. Just preordered on psn and will hold off til vita release, unless I can't help myself.

That's great. Would this now make it easier to release your older games on GOG once CSH releases and things have quietened down?

Maybe, but there's really no point for us to do so. Steam version is already DRM-free and any extra sales we get on 3+ year old games by putting them on a new platform is likely to be miniscule at best and more than outweighed by the extra hassle of having to support a new version and additional storefront.

Ricker

I was hesitating on this or Exist Archive,which is like 50 bucks less,down to 19.99(CAD) on PSN until tomorrow but what the hell,like some say here,why not both lol...pre-ordered.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Now I'm really happy I preordered this!

VariantX

Sweet, I keep forgetting all about this game and I backed too. Now the wait for that backer code e-mail is going to be the longest wait...

tebunker

Banned
Alright Robert I am convinced. Gave Sony some money to give to you.

I usually don't preorder but I like your message, willingness to communicate and I like saving 20% up front too.

Looking forward to this, your success, and then hopefully getting to double dip later on another platform that recently came out. I also hope this game does wel enough to keep you gainfully employed for a couple more years to make another game.

Cornbread78

Native res is 480x270 so you tell me. :)

So Robert, now that this game is finally coming out, when are we going to hear about that next project you wanted to make? It was just an idea out of your head at the time, but it was a pretty damn good one.... I can't remember which thread it was in, lol...

Any thoughts into maybe an Alundra/Mana/Ys spiritual successor next?

That or Shining Force/FF Tactics/Phantasy Star/La Pucelle Tactics spiritual successor?

There are your two next games right there. An ARPG and an SRPG

Pre oredered it coz of the 20% discount and the recredit.
Hope its fun, love jrpgs but hate em when theyre first person so ive never tried other games from the same team

So Robert, now that this game is finally coming out, when are we going to hear about that next project you wanted to make? It was just an idea out of your head at the time, but it was a pretty damn good one.... I can't remember which thread it was in, lol...

Any thoughts into maybe an Alundra/Mana/Ys spiritual successor next?

That or Shining Force/FF Tactics/Phantasy Star/La Pucelle Tactics spiritual successor?

There are your two next games right there. An ARPG and an SRPG

I don't even know if there will be a next game - I'm pretty burnt out from this one and we have to see if it sells enough to make back expenses from this game as well as cover additional development of another game.

I don't think we would do an Action/RPG - it could be fun but there's a TON of competition there compared to the turn-based genre (so many Metroidvanias). If we do another game, it would almost definitely be setup similarly to Cosmic Star Heroine since I took so much time writing all this Chrono Trigger-style RPG code that it would be a waste to only use it on one game.

The idea I have that's the most fleshed out is a Persona-style game set in a post-apocalyptic world with a heavy dose of Castlevania gothic style & setting.

RDreamer

Just preordered this, and looking forward to it. Might not get to it for a while and kind of hoping the Vita version is out when I do. I've got Persona 5 and Mass Effect Andromeda to get through before tackling Cosmic Star.

Is this something you guys do to entice more trophy hunters to buy or is it something that is simple and feels right and you want to reward players for finishing the game. Are there some team members who maybe prefer it to be harder for more of a challenge or give more players the extra incentive to go through hard mode that you guys spent time making? I'm curious how trophy/achievement stuff usually goes at a devs level. Is it more of a consensus or the directors wishes or even maybe it's a complete afterthought and it's a whole load of crap we gotta put these in for certification.

Is this something you guys do to entice more trophy hunters to buy or is it something that is simple and feels right and you want to reward players for finishing the game. Are there some team members who maybe prefer it to be harder for more of a challenge or give more players the extra incentive to go through hard mode that you guys spent time making? I'm curious how trophy/achievement stuff usually goes at a devs level. Is it more of a consensus or the directors wishes or even maybe it's a complete afterthought and it's a whole load of crap we gotta put these in for certification.

The general impression I got from asking around is that the people who care about achievements/trophies, don't want them to be very hard and the people who want a challenge, don't care much about achievements/trophies. So I'm just trying to give people what they want - if you like achievements, it's not too hard to get them all and if you want a challenge, well, have fun on some of these bosses on the highest difficulty mode with no grinding. :)

Cornbread78

The idea I have that's the most fleshed out is a Persona-style game set in a post-apocalyptic world with a heavy dose of Castlevania gothic style & setting.

That was the one! That could be unique and fun setting!

On the Persona side of things:
Would be really good if you added interchangeable genders for the protag and kept the character scripts unisex.

I really hope this game does well for you guys. It's rare to have a dev, so open and up front about everything and openly communicate with both Kickstarter supporters and interested parties alike.

The general impression I got from asking around is that the people who care about achievements/trophies, don't want them to be very hard and the people who want a challenge, don't care much about achievements/trophies. So I'm just trying to give people what they want - if you like achievements, it's not too hard to get them all and if you want a challenge, well, have fun on some of these bosses on the highest difficulty mode with no grinding. :)

Interesting.

Tailzo

Just preordered this, and looking forward to it. Might not get to it for a while and kind of hoping the Vita version is out when I do. I've got Persona 5 and Mass Effect Andromeda to get through before tackling Cosmic Star.

This is actually the first time I preorder a game on psn, or any other digital game store for that matter. :)

Ainaurdur

Got my PSN copy preordered. Looking forward to playing next week!

I intend to double dip if it does end up coming to Switch. I'm hoping for great sales figures on CSH so we continue seeing Zeboyd releases for years to come.

Jeffrey

No filters. 480 x 270 scales up evenly to 1080p/4k. The game also can adjust that native 480x270 to slightly different sizes to scale evenly to other more resolutions.

Oh so the game offers a native 4k mode on ps4p and its not just your TV scaler handling the upscale?

I guess it shouldn't make a big difference but not all TV scalers are the same quality.

VandalD

Damn, it's been a long time. I remember regretting missing the Kickstarter. Looking forward to finally playing this.

Switch is a maybe. It sounds like Nintendo is game from the last time I talked to somebody there, so it's just a matter of if I'm still up to working on the game by that point.

Jeffrey

Switch is a maybe. It sounds like Nintendo is game from the last time I talked to somebody there, so it's just a matter of if I'm still up to working on the game by that point.

Hmmm isn't this game built on unity? Curious how easy the port will or won't be. Aren't there already some unity stuff on switch? Think that chrono trigger clone is.

Cosmic Star Heroine is a little under 5GBs on both PC & PS4 so plan accordingly.

Hmmm isn't this game built on unity? Curious how easy the port will or won't be. Aren't there already some unity stuff on switch? Think that chrono trigger clone is.

Yes, it's built with Unity.

Just wanted to reiterate that all of our games, including Cosmic Star Heroine, can be streamed freely. We have no problems with monetized streams either. Feel free to reference this post as proof if any video hosting site questions you.

Top Bottom