• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COuple more cool looking UT2k4 mods on the horizon...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
SoulKeeper...http://www.thesoulkeeper.com/news.html

The SoulKeeper is a 3rd/1st person melee combat action multiplayer game. Experience the heat of medieval-like combat, in gorgeous and detailed environments making use of the powerful Unreal Engine.

Feel the thrill of hunting down your opponents on the back of a mount of your choice (including dragons and horses).

The SoulKeeper will come loaded with approximately 6 different races, each one with 5 different classes (including wizards and fighters) each one with different weapons and special attributes. Every race will have its own environments, weapons, culture, all related one to the other in the ever-expanding SoulKeeper universe.

SK_JN_PU1.jpg

SK_JN_PU4.jpg

SK32.jpg

SK39.jpg

SK44.jpg

SK53.jpg

SK57.jpg

SK59.jpg

SK69.jpg

Eon....http://www.coronaleonis.com/eon/main.html

ws01.jpg

ws04.jpg

ws08.jpg

ws22.jpg

ws24.jpg

ws37.jpg

Man, people are really, REALLY working their asses off because of Atari's promotion. Not to mention the DVD that rocks helps as well.

Well fucking played, Atari, keep up the good ideas.

Mason

Where can I find some UT2K4 mods that are already done? Good ones, of course, not every little "new take on 3D pinball" mod that comes out.

EDIT: I checked out that "Eon" website. That actually sounds and looks really original. I bet some of those guys are gonna get scooped up by a game company.

Keio

For a Finer World
Many people have asked what's the difference between "bad art" and "good art" in a game, if the technology itself is ok.

I'd say the difference between these mods is: Soulkeeper looks a bit generic and drab artwise, while Eon has a suprising vibrance and VERY good character design. Goes on top of my most wanted list.

The massive Mod competition is a great idea. I'm especially glad that most of the stuff isn't bad Counter-Strike/Team Fortress identikit copy.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Yeah, Eon looks really good.

Funny, I was just reading an article about the difficulties mod makers are going to face with the step up in technology with new engines. But if these are anything to go by..

I mean, this, is just fantastic:

ws22.jpg

nultse

Wow! These both look really really good, the grass in Eon os especially good looking.

There Has been overload of UT2K4 in few weeks, something like 20 mods have been released.

So much mods to play so little time :p

cuccoo

They should make that Medieval game an RPG. Like warcraft-clone RPG. I mena there just buncha clones in hte UT2k4 mods. They even have Ikaruga clone (yes that vertical scroll arcade shooter), only with bad art.

Top Bottom