• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey Cakes

Misanthropy said:
Is there any talk of there possibly being a ninth season?
They really have no reason not to do it. The show is basically Larry's pet project that just happens to be above average in quality and very successful.

At this point he's making it look easy. In Season 7 promos I remember him and certain cast members saying that they always think they're on the last season, but eventually decide "oh, we'll just do one more." But it keeps continuing. Every season since S5 has served decently as the final one, but they just keep making the show. I love it, and I bet they do too.

Season 8 didn't really end on a finale-like note though. I think if the show was actually going to end, it would end on an episode more like the finales for, like I said, one of the last three seasons. More seasons are welcomed anyway. We saw an increase in quality from S7 to S8 (even though S7 was competent), and we saw that the writing can keep up with original awkward situations combined with recycled Seinfeld material. Again, the people behind the show are basically making it look easy at this point, and I'm pretty sure they'll continue pumping out episodes until they're burned out and Larry's had enough.

Socreges

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Wow. The season finale was awesome!

Top 3 episodes:
1) palestinian chicken
2) Ricky Gervais ep
3) Michael J Fox ep
That episode was a big disappointment for me.

MDavis360 said:
My friend noticed something. After MJF hands Larry the soda, he's already getting the paper towel...

:D
NICE.

Besides Fox doing a bit of ambiguous acting (i.e., probably lying, but no way to be sure), there is no conclusive evidence that he was purposely doing any of the things that Larry accused him of. But the fact that he's already grabbing the paper towel is proof positive. Very nice.

Bread

Banned
Misanthropy said:
I don't get the bullet thing. What are they going to do to Jeff? I need an explicit explanation please. No ambiguous crap.
The bullet is a suppository, so he's taking a bullet for her...up his ass.

andthebeatgoeson

Never watched the show and caught them all on on demand. Just finished the last 2 today because they stop on 10/10. Wow. I have to sign in to HBO GO. I'm in tears. The palestanian chicken ep? The car orgasms? Bill Buckner dropping the ball? Completely hilarious. I'm a big fan, now.

Aguirre

skinnyrattler said:
Never watched the show and caught them all on on demand. Just finished the last 2 today because they stop on 10/10. Wow. I have to sign in to HBO GO. I'm in tears. The palestanian chicken ep? The car orgasms? Bill Buckner dropping the ball? Completely hilarious. I'm a big fan, now.
still think the episode about the black swan if by far the best.

Meier

Rash said:
happens to be above average in quality

Above average?

larrydavid.gif

Jake.

i have been watching since s2 and this by far would be in my top 3 seasons - whilst not having the best episodes overall, i definitely think this season had the best 'moments' and lines by far. its pretty amazing how good the show still is after a decade, fuck - the wait for season 9 is gonna be a motherfucker.

Don't play with my heart like that! Thought we had a season 9 announcement for a second there.

Might check out Seinfeld's web show. Guests seem hit or miss. But more LD is always a good thing.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
That was great. I had a few laughs.

I have to say that Jerry is looking good. When he was in the diner and the light was hitting his face, it made his eyes look blue. I hadn't noticed that.

I wonder what kind of coffee he drinks.

I prefer black, for life. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom