• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Shu Yoshida on pre-owned policies & more

Drek

what about purchasing the PS+ subscription.. you need a US credit card.. or a US PSN card.. it's too much of a hassle you see..

i wonder what is sony's solution to this...

I'd imagine their goal will be to have PS+ in every region now going forward. That will likely result in a lot of region lumping though. As it is the PAL PS+ service includes several middle eastern and African countries. South America will likely be included with NTSC service, and they'll broaden the infrastructure as the system comes out in these various sub-regions.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
what about purchasing the PS+ subscription.. you need a US credit card.. or a US PSN card.. it's too much of a hassle you see..

i wonder what is sony's solution to this...
Why do you need a US credit card? Even if the assumption that there won't be a way for you to get PS+ in your home PSN store, which is a big assumption given that it's now required to play online.

Right now you need a US credit card to purchase PSN content on the US store. That was not the case in the past and is not the case with for example amazon.com (via which you can buy PS+ for a US account.)

They can change anything they want with their unreleased store.

FoxSpirit

So our first party titles had the online pass on PS3 and Vita. That we are not doing on PS4 because of that platform level. It's the same for third parties; when it comes to just giving you access to online multiplayer, it's PS Plus going forward.
I don't get what's up to debate: for regular online multi PS+ covers the cost.
Most likely a cut of the PSN revenue goes to the pub or Sony simply pays for the server hosting.

That does not include map packs or other DLC as is specified later. And MMO's are constantly pushing content updates so those cost extra too.

Those rumours from months ago revolving around Ubisoft wanting to ensure the player is always connected online when playing Watch Dogs, that's not going to be possible on the PS4 right? You don't have to sign in to PSN to play the game, even if it's only the single player component.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Another article clarifying it, yet Edge wants us to believe it will be similar to MS? Thanks for posting this.

Those rumours from months ago revolving around Ubisoft wanting to ensure the player is always connected online when playing Watch Dogs, that's not going to be possible on the PS4 right? You don't have to sign in to PSN to play the game, even if it's only the single player component.

Well, UBI confirmed themselves that Watch_Dogs could be played offline

First and foremost, Watch Dogs offers a full single-player experience that you can play offline. That said, I have no intentions of playing offline as the connected experience sounds very promising. Did you know we've actually seen the multiplayer in action twice now?

http://www.destructoid.com/a-little-more-on-watch-dogs-multiplayer-offerings-253469.phtml

UBI just seems to be doing what Mark Cerny mentioned in an interview where he talked about how the best way to get players online is to create a game and a community that they want to be part of. So UBI seems to be investing pretty heavily in making games with heavy online integration.

Top Bottom