• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Reaches 95% Positive Reviews on Steam. CDPR Thanks Players

Draugoth

Gold Member
453038655.jpg

When opening the game tab on Steam, the review section from the last 30 days, which includes 6859 comments, of which 95% are positive opinions, immediately catches the eye.
This is quite an achievement that was noticed by both players and CD Projekt RED representatives. One of the first to react to the mentioned results was Marcin Momot, Community Director at CDPR. The dev didn't hesitate to boast about the impressive result, while also thanking the community:

Recent Cyberpunk 2077 Steam reviews sitting at 95% and Overwhelmingly Positive. Thank you, thank you, thank you! --

You can't imagine how much it means to me. I have never been close to giving up and always believed this could be somehow possible, but never thought I will actually see it. Thank you so much for the second chance chooms.

Source

I rebought the game several months ago for my new PC and have only played with the Benchmarking tool and driving around the starting area.
I was an early adopter that played it first on my old Xbox One X and finished up on the Series consoles (S then X). 100 hours of bugs and graphic issues.
It plays like a dream on my PC. RTX 4070 intel 13700F I set it to 1080P DLSS Quality, Path Tracing, Ultra, All bells and whistles.

Well deserved! Bough it twice, once on PS4 to play it on PS5, and then on XSX when they dropped the Ultimate Edition late last year. Really enjoyed my time with the base game (2.0 version) and I'm planning to dive into Phantom Liberty very soon (maybe next month).

Last edited:
great game and great on CDPR to get the game up to where it is today. I think this is definitely one of the best comeback story out of the modern gaming era, along with FF14 and No Man's Sky.

Madflavor

One of the best comebacks in gaming. It was bullshit it released in the state it's in, but I'm glad they stuck with it and supported the game for the last few years. The base game is MUCH better than it was at launch, and Phantom Liberty is one of the best expansions I've ever played. Game is legit incredible.

mortal

Gold Member
Better late than never. I'm glad they stuck to fixing the game, and I'm glad I held off on completing a playthrough until 2.0 and Phantom Liberty.
Even though it wasn't the deep RPG experience I imagined it would be, it was a solid game in the end.

I hope they've learned all the right lessons for Orion.

ultrazilla

453038655.jpg

When opening the game tab on Steam, the review section from the last 30 days, which includes 6859 comments, of which 95% are positive opinions, immediately catches the eye.
This is quite an achievement that was noticed by both players and CD Projekt RED representatives. One of the first to react to the mentioned results was Marcin Momot, Community Director at CDPR. The dev didn't hesitate to boast about the impressive result, while also thanking the community:

Source

Very well deserved. One of the very best games I've ever played and still finding new things to do in close to 300 hours playtime.

Shifty1897

I still haven't played more than 10 hours of it, they kept updating it so I kept waiting for the best version. Seems like now's the time, only three games ahead of it in the backlog right now.

Last edited:

rm082e

I didn't have much interest in the game before launch, so when it came out broken, I just deleted it from my memory.

When they came out with Phantom Liberty last year and it became clear how much work they had done to fix the game, I decided to pick it up. In part, I wanted to vote with my wallet and support a studio who did the hard work because it was the right thing for them to do. And in part, I was interested to see what all the hub bub was about.

I haven't finished it yet, but I got close to the end of the main campaign, then went into the Phantom Liberty DLC and did about 2/3rds of that story. I've been very impressed with it. I need to get back in and finish it up.

Good on CDPR for making it right.

RickSanchez

Absolutely deserved and earned.

The game in its current state is the best it can be in my opinion. It is now fairly polished and rich in gameplay and narrative. Whatever shortcomings it still has (and it does) are at the deepest levels of game & narrative design which can only be fixed in a sequel.

This is one of those games which will always remain installed on all my PCs. Especially since i have perfected my mod setup of 150+ mods after much trial & error.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It never clicked with me. The setting while cool on the surface level with some great city architecture never presents any good storytelling opportunities. The characters are unmemorable and overacted. Especially Keanu reeves. The combat is serviceable at best. I didnt initially love Witcher 3 but went back to it after a couple of years and fell in love with it. Ive done with that cybperunk for 4 years now. Every year i go back hoping things would be different but nope. it's the same boring game underneath no matter how much they try to polish it up. In witcher 3, there was a quest or an adventure on every corner. You could stumble into entire questlines. This is nothing like that. One of the most beautiful and boring open worlds ever made.

P.S Making your main character first person after letting you design it is retarded and needs to be banned from WRPGs.

Last edited:

Terenty

I don't get it, is it not the same linear looter shooter it was on release? Is it now the game they advertised and hyped up before release bordering on fraud? Did they deliver on that vision from that infamous trailer?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This game was overhyped then it became hated and was redeemmed somewhat and then it became overhyped again.

It's a solid 8.5/10 game, but it isn't anywhere near as good as the The Witcher.

The thing that keeps it from being a 10/10 is the lack of choices mattering. It a far too linear for me.

Bottom line:
The game is great now. It really is, but it isn't quite what it is was initially hyped to be. Still it should be played. It does a lot of stuff well.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Best game of this gen so far for me. I played it 3x: once at launch, once after 1.5, once with 2.0/Phantom Liberty. It feels like a brand new game after all the enhancements and total overhaul of the skill system, but honestly I enjoyed the shit out of all 3 playthroughs.

It’s also one of few games that can really take full advantage of high end PC hardware. It looks amazing with path tracing.

Flabagast

How much better is the actual game VS the original release, outside bugs and glitches?
Significantly better, notably everything that concerns gameplay and progression systems.

But the original game was already excellent and very worth it imho. Narration, quests and worldbuilding are something else and nearly everything was there day one (they also improved slighlty these aspects with the various updates)

Last edited:

The Stig

I will give them a ton of credit. I played it when it first came out and it was in a bad state. It also performed very poorly due to a mix of A - My comp's GPU wasn't much more powerful than min. spec and B - The game was buggy as hell.

I put the game aside until a few months ago when I built my new computer and version 2.0 had also came out.

OMG this game is absolutely amazing to play and look at. Absolutely mind blowing. Lots of fun stories and content (I also got the expansion which was superb, i loved how the president is such a badass).

Also the commitment to fixing all the bugs and improving performance made it an almost crash/bug free experience through out this time through.

However I remember a time when games came out and worked, but then again the games we re so much smaller with so fewer moving parts.

IMO CDPR can be forgiven.

Mortisfacio

Banned
My favorite part of this games release was since I played this on PC, I didn't know how much the internet hated the launch until after I finished the game and went to reddit and such to share how great my experience was. Was a "what the heck? were we even playing the same game?" moment. then I realized how screwed last gen consoles were.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Bah!...it was only the salty last gen console cry babies that made a big fuss about the game when launched.

I had a fantastic time with it on my then 9900K & RTX 2080 rig, finishing the campaign in a uneventful 35hrs or so, with as far as i can remember, only needing to use my quicksaves a couple of times to get past NPC bugs.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This is one of those stories to me along the lines of Final Fantasy XIV. Like, it's an impressive turnaround, for sure, but the more impressive thing might be not fucking up your initial launch in the first place. Glad the game is worth its money now, but it's a dangerous precedent congratulating people on having a working product Four years after it hit shelves.

Found it one of the most engaging games i have played in many years story wise and atmosphere wise. And i played pretty close to launch of PC, cant wait to go back to it later this year and experience the expansion and improvments. If any of you held out on playing it i highly recommend giving it a try. i loved it

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This is one of those stories to me along the lines of Final Fantasy XIV. Like, it's an impressive turnaround, for sure, but the more impressive thing might be not fucking up your initial launch in the first place. Glad the game is worth its money now, but it's a dangerous precedent congratulating people on having a working product Four years after it hit shelves.
It was well received at launch on PC though.

Top Bottom