• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D3 Publisher announces Idol Death Game TV for PS Vita

Gametes translated that famitsu preview ^^thanks Takao

h8Tq2yu.jpg
Joo96qB.jpg

PrNpBQY.jpg
pWHzYuG.jpg

“Dream of Dreams,” or D.O.D. for short—a competition to determine the center for popular idol group Project 47.

But the big event this year was shrouded in unusual circumstances. It is an obscure and unscripted event with mysterious selection standards where even low ranking members are included in the popularity ranking.

With everything in question, the live television broadcast began.

What fate awaits these idols filled with anticipation and anxiety…!?

Players can choose to play as one of the idols that appear in the game, and enjoy the story from their point of view. When deciding which character to play as, the mascot-esque Doripaku will explain the judging details. After that, the life-or-death battle for center position will begin. The characters that survive will change based on the player’s actions, so Idol Death Game TV will be playable many times over.

Gematsu
Famitsu

Sölf

So Danganronpa meets Idolmaster? Or Battle Royale meets... Idolmaster? Whatever, this is potentially interesteing.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think this seems very similar to Danganronpa or Battle Royale, as a huge fan of the concept and of both properties.

SephLuis

I don't think this seems very similar to Danganronpa or Battle Royale, as a huge fan of the concept and of both properties.

The concepts are so disjointed and thrown together that I am not expecting either Danganronpa or Battle Royale.

200 idols is also overkill, they should focus on 12 at best.

I really do wonder what the hell this type of game is going to be. Horror, drama, extreme idol adventure.

Sölf

I mean, the premise of taking something innocent (like school in both Danganronpa and Battle Royale) and turning that into a killing game isn't that new. But yeah, I understand what you mean by not being similar to both. But it looks to be more like those two than, say, Zero Escape or Saw.

FluxWaveZ

Sölf;209401822 said:
I mean, the premise of taking something innocent (like school in both Danganronpa and Battle Royale) and turning that into a killing game isn't that new. But yeah, I understand what you mean by not being similar to both. But it looks to be more like those two than, say, Zero Escape or Saw.

How so? This seems much more like a Zero Escape or Saw to me.

It's basically the difference between a PvP context and a PvE one. It seems that this game will be the latter.

Sölf

How so? This seems much more like a Zero Escape or Saw to me.

You think so? Maybe it's this whole "game show" thingy that reminds me of Danganronpa and Battle Royale. Killing for fun and entertainment instead of having an ulterior motive.

Top Bottom