• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daily Beast: Trump has repeatedly asked WH council if he could speak to Flynn

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
White House Lawyers Warned Trump: Stay Away From Michael Flynn

White House lawyers have had to warn President Donald Trump repeatedly against reaching out to his fired National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, two people familiar with the matter tell The Daily Beast.

Trump, angered by press coverage of the Russia investigation and Gen. Flynn, has asked senior staff and the White House counsel’s office multiple times if it was appropriate to reach out to the fired National Security Adviser, according to a source close to Flynn and a Trump administration official with direct knowledge of the exchanges.

“While the president does not regret firing Gen. Flynn, he feels he is a good man who served his country bravely and honorably and who is being treated unfairly by the press and the Democrats on Capitol HIll,” another Trump administration official said. These officials requested anonymity as a condition of discussing legal advice to the president.

A White House staffer also stressed Trump’s personal affinity for his former aide. The president “clearly feels bad about how things went down,” the staffer said, referring to Flynn’s firing in February.

The White House declined to comment on discussions between the president and his attorneys. Flynn’s lawyer Robert Kelner did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

If Trump spoke directly with Flynn amid ongoing investigations, it could be portrayed as witness tampering, experts say. Such conversations would create “HUGE issues,” according to national security attorney Brad Moss. “Talking with witnesses got Nixon in trouble.”

“The last thing they would want is an allegation of conspiracy, witness tampering or coordination,” said Mark Zaid, Moss’s partner, in an email. “If Flynn is going to be indicted, or certainly under investigation, then I would want the president to be as far away from him as possible.”
Wonder what he could possibly want to talk about with Flynn.... 😂

You would think for a guy who has been in and out of massive amounts of lawsuits and court cases, this is something he would understand.

Acorn

Aww how cute. He wants to talk to his friend but his parents say he can't hang around with him because Flynns a bad influence.

I heard he smokes round the back of the capitol building.

Fucking children.

If there's one thing I'm enjoying from the recent developments it's that Trumps being compared to Nixon so much now. That's going to stick to him and I bet it eats away at him every fucking day since he thinks he's a shining example in his own mind.

Hopefully he goes down as the worst president ever and it haunts him for the rest of his days.

Sneaky Trump. Speaking to Flynn via the media, buttering him up with respectful comments in hopes that he reads between the lines.

zma1013

If there's one thing I'm enjoying from the recent developments it's that Trumps being compared to Nixon so much now. That's going to stick to him and I bet it eats away at him every fucking day since he thinks he's a shining example in his own mind.

Hopefully he goes down as the worst president ever and it haunts him for the rest of his days.

I dunno, has he actually said anything bad about Nixon? Does he know who Nixon is and what he did? Remember, this is the guy that complimented Kim Jong Un and the psycho from the Phillipines. He probably thinks Nixon was a standup guy.

jmood88

I hope that the Trump name is so tarnished that Ivanka and Jared have to make money appearing in gold ads on AM radio.

I dunno, has he actually said anything bad about Nixon? Does he know who Nixon is and what he did? Remember, this is the guy that complimented Kim Jong Un and the psycho from the Phillipines. He probably thinks Nixon was a standup guy.

That's actually a good point, but at the very least it will further damage public perception of him. Since that seems to be all that matters to him the the more he's hated the happier I am knowing he's flipping his lid over it.

I hope the stress of it all pushes his body to its limits.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This is what Armando Innanucci left Veep for right? To write our current administration in some grand reality show spectacle. That's all I can think anymore.

You legit don't get this many idiot fucking voters, voting for an even bigger fucking idiot who makes all the worst fucking idiot mistakes all the while the initial fucking idiots who voted for the fucking idiot continue to lap up his mistakes like dogs at a dish bowl.

This is only from the mind of a brilliant political satirist. I can't accept anything else.

Just wow.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
He really wants to know if a weak or strong dollar is better.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
A White House staffer also stressed Trump’s personal affinity for his former aide. The president “clearly feels bad about how things went down,” the staffer said, referring to Flynn’s firing in February.
The first lie. Donald has never 'felt bad' about anything in his life, except when things make him look bad.

Lo-Volt

I'm flabbergasted by the speed with which these stories are coming out. For New York City mayors, these are second-term or third-term disasters. For Nixon, it took years and he was a lot better at being evil and crooked. For President Trump, it hasn't been six months.

New York couldn't have sent a worse fucker to the White House. I am so sorry.

”While the president does not regret firing Gen. Flynn, he feels he is a good man who served his country bravely and honorably and who is being treated unfairly by the press and the Democrats on Capitol HIll," another Trump administration official said.

But a Republican chairman is subpoenaing him, for what it's worth.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
That speedrunning the nixon administration comment becomes more relevant.
LdNTjk0.png

Classic innocent behavior.

The most innocent!

Edit: Beaten.

This. Finally something.

The most innocent!

This. Finally something.

I expect William Henry Harrison to remember more fondly than 45 and will be disappointed of that is not the case. An Harrison died 31 days into office and I'm pretty sure did nothing outside of creating a Constitutional crisis on the line of succession.

Every story that comes out of his office makes him sound like King Joffery, he has a meltdown every time someone says he can't do as he pleases.

Top Bottom