• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4 Announced (XB1/PC, Holiday 2016) Gameplay Trailer

It looks AMAZING!!!

I LOVED Dead Rising 3 and it's by far my favorite of the franchise (and considering I loved them all, that's saying a lot!!) so I'm down for DR4.

Shame we're backpedaling back to Frank, though. Love him, but I liked the "every game has a different protag" route. Either way, gonna buy it Day 1!

Also Jingle Bell Rock reminded me of Mean Girls so it automatically wins!

alexbull_uk

Looked damn good. Was this a buy once and play on Xbox and PC title? My stream glitched the first 20 seconds or so of the announcement.

ODDI

AMAZING
8xHxNeS.gif

Maybe they didn't say "Xbox One & Win 10 exclusive" because the game will also be out on Steam.

I wish it'd come to PS4 but eh I don't want to be disappointed by believing it is.

Anyway, the game looks pretty awesome!

vg260

They didn't announce any games that were exclusive on console and multi vendor on PC. Haha come on man

So you're saying it's gonna be on PS4 and not Steam? Because they obviously didn't say "XB1/Windows 10 exclusive" for a reason: So it's gotta be coming to some other platform.

So you're saying it's gonna be on PS4 and not Steam? Because they obviously didn't say "XB1/Windows 10 exclusive" for a reason: So it's gotta be coming to some other platform.
No I did not say that lol. You should take a class in reading comprehension.

TheFatOne

Dead Rising looks a lot like Dead Rising, but I say that in a good way. Love the crazy wacky stuff you can do in these games. Going to be a day one purchase.

vg260

No I did not say that lol. You should take a class in reading comprehension.

Then can you please explain what them just saying just "for XB1 and W10" without the word exclusive means because the interpretation seems to be what we're trying to figure out. Their lack of "exclusive" implies it could also be coming to PS4 and/or Steam. Also, the condescension is not necessary.

KillySG10

Neo Member
Love it.

I'm still wondering what it is story wise though, i mean, is it a remake or a sequel? I'm leaning towards sequel, it looks like hes going back to Willamette or something, with the whole #frankisback, but, it could also just be part of the marketing.

Embearded

State Of Decay trailer starts with Xbox One exclusive.
Dead Rising trailer doesn't, so I guess there is pretty good chance it will out on ps4 too.
I hope it does..

Hey, zombie fans! On behalf of the entire development team at Capcom Vancouver, we’re extremely excited to bring Frank West back to the Dead Rising series in Dead Rising 4.

Frank is back in Willamette, Colorado, 16 years after the events of the original Dead Rising. A mysterious outbreak has overrun the Willamette Memorial Megaplex Mall and surrounding town with deadly predators… and Frank soon realizes that what’s dead doesn’t always stay that way.

As Frank seeks to uncover the truth behind the outbreak, he faces new undead enemies, including the Fresh – newly zombified victims that will turn in front of his eyes, and exhibit superior speed and ferocity. He also has to tangle with the Evo – zombies with superior strength and mobility that mimic the behavior of predatory hunting animals.

Additionally, several fan-favorite Dead Rising features return, including the ability to combine hundreds of weapons and vehicles to combat the horde – ranging from the practical, to the practically insane. Frank also gets access to all-new EXO Suits, giving him super-strength and incredible firepower, as well as the ability to rip down objects in the world to use as weapons. From giant pipes to parking meters, the world is filled implements of mass zombie destruction.

We’re also bringing fans a new approach to multiplayer, allowing you to play together with four friends to complete missions and conquer the zombie-infested Willamette Memorial Megaplex. Or you can use quick match to join a game in progress with players around the world.

Dead Rising 4 releases this holiday on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Stay tuned for more details this summer, to learn how you and Frank West can survive the zombie apocalypse!

http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/13/frank-west-returns-dead-rising-4-coming-holiday-xbox-one-windows-10-pc/

Still doesn't say exclusive so hoping for a PS4 release in the near future.

_Spr_Drnk

Banned

At the resolution I'm seeing it in on neoGAF, I thought it was almost photoreal for a moment, funny as to boot.

Loved me the original, can't wait for this. Really looks like Capcom may be heading back to former glory at last.

Fingers crossed.

Love it.

I'm still wondering what it is story wise though, i mean, is it a remake or a sequel? I'm leaning towards sequel, it looks like hes going back to Willamette or something, with the whole #frankisback, but, it could also just be part of the marketing.

My dream is that DR4 is super meta, and the main character is Frank West, but not the real Frank West. Instead, you're an actor playing Frank West in a movie about Frank West.

Top Bottom