• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4: Four player co-op multiplayer revealed -IGN first

malfcn

4 players, will be interesting to see how the game handles it. I want to see 1,000 zombies all getting smashed by alpha heavy super attacks.

sphinx

the piano man
question, from someone who only watched someone else (my EX) play the first game and thought it looked fun.

what the fuck has a 4 player co-op multiplayer thingy to do with the core gameplay of Dead Rising?

don't get me wrong, if devs can put out a great MP game, then by all means. but why attach it to a series that never had anything to do with a multiplayer component?

why not make a multiplayer spin-off on its own right and leave the core game alone and in peace?

Producer

question, from someone who only watched someone else (my EX) play the first game and thought it looked fun.

what the fuck has a 4 player co-op multiplayer thingy to do with the core gameplay of Dead Rising?

don't get me wrong, if devs can put out a great MP game, then by all means. but why attach it to a series that never had anything to do with a multiplayer component?

why not make a multiplayer spin-off on its own right and leave the core game alone and in peace?

They want mass appeal. Its why the core game has so many changes in the first place.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Because killing hundreds and hundreds of zombies with unique and creative weapon combinations with a few friends seems like a fun concept?
Just spitballing.

Theorry

Because its fun and more content for 60 bucks is good?

Jawmuncher

Can't see the video, but is this just the Super Arcade DR3 DLC but as part of the main game more or less if you want coop?
Or is the full game playable in 4 player coop?

Theorry

Can't see the video, but is this just the Super Arcade DR3 DLC but as part of the main game more or less if you want coop?
Or is the full game playable in 4 player coop?

More like a Horde mode. :)
Its episodic days. Every day you need to complete challenges.

Next Dead Rising 4 should have online free-roam and player-controlled zombie invasion where you can sneak up on a mofo and bite his ass.

Much more interested in the campaign but this looks fun. Seems like a good amount of work has gone into it rather than it being a total afterthought.

Roboculus

Previous Dead Rising games have had a 4 player multiplayer mode. DR2 had the Terror is Reality multiplayer while DR3 had the Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 DLC. All of these, including what we've seen of the multiplayer in DR4, involve 4 players completing challenges while also killing a bunch of zombies.

I would not consider this mode out of the ordinary for the series.

Corpekata

Banned

Wha? Nearly all of the games have had multiplayer.

I'd get it if you were talking about like a PVP deathmatch mode or something, but this isn't that far off what the series has featured so far.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Responses like this are why we don't really get unique, oddball games at a AAA level anymore.

Lay off the narcotics.

Everyone complains that co OP is dying, Dead Rising is one of the very rare games giving us 4 player co OP and it's an issue now?

Ugh.

LaserHawk

This is the first thing announced for Dead Rising 4 that actually looks fun to me. It's weird that rather than scratching my Dead Rising itch, this could actually scratch my Left 4 Dead itch.

Top Bottom