• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Announced: A Kojima Productions Game

krossj

Doesn't seem like Junji Ito is involved but i'm getting vibes of "gyo" or "the thing that drifted ashore" just a bit more realistic and surreal. Looks interesting.

So I'm better this is going to be Kojima's heavy handed social commentary on how Humans take everything from the planet and to show how damaging it is some extra-earth threat (aliens) are going to come to earth and take away everything we hold dear like our children. But they are not just going to rob children they are going to farm and impregnate every human they can and then take their children away.

The beach scene is full circle. The damaging effects of oil consumption on the ocean, the baby being taken etc

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ck_czyRWYAAnF3G.jpg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Now, I don't know if this was mentioned, but Norman Reedus named his son Mingus.

Either he's a fan of Charles Mingus, or he won a bet with Kim Kardashian and Gwyneth Paltrow over who can come up with the most over-the-top ridiculous baby name. I pray it's the former.

...or it's a phonetic contraction of Ming the Merciless. I hope he really digs Blues & Roots rather than fucking Queen.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Popular GAF opinion is that it's at worst a fantastic game that very easily could have been among the best ever made. The negativity largely comes from some clunky narrative decisions, publisher fuckery and some awkward gawking at a dumb character.

Play it fool.

lmao, ok. the play it fool got me convinced.

Curufinwe

The IGN Reviews editor claims there's a 50% chance the game will be cancelled.

@DanStapleton if you would like to discuss that with him.

bunkitz

I don't know if either have been posted, but apparently IGN and Polygon had interviews with Kojima and he shared some details about the game.

Regarding the engine, what we saw used one of the two engines he's narrowed down to. So it really is in-engine then... Somehow.

Skux

The IGN Reviews editor claims there's a 50% chance the game will be cancelled.

@DanStapleton if you would like to discuss that with him.

Not gonna happen. This has Sony behind it and they'll see it through. I mean it's Kojima. People will buy it just for his name. It's in Sony's best interests to make it work.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is by far, by far my most watched trailer this E3.

The first time during the Sony show I was just baffled at how bizarre everything was. But the more I watch it, the more I appreciate it. It's incredible in so many ways.

Hubert from Easy Allies half-jokingly said it's a "religious experience", I can see that. This trailer is just such a massive, drastic departure from the typical videogame trailer. It's so abstract and yet so beautiful. A masterpiece.

I'm not artsy enough I guess. It WAS bizarre and intriguing, but I definitely have to wait until I see something that resembles a game to know where I stand on it. Lots of people seem excited though (I realize this is because it's Kojima).

I have a feeling I will be pleasantly surprised though.

gamerMan

This was damn weird. Made me feel uneasy. What was Norman Reedus doing to that baby in the nude?

Was it realtime or not?

I don't know if either have been posted, but apparently IGN and Polygon had interviews with Kojima and he shared some details about the game.

Regarding the engine, what we saw used one of the two engines he's narrowed down to. So it really is in-engine then... Somehow.
Hm. I wonder what engine did he choose for the trailer.

I'm still thinking about this trailer. It's left an Impact on me I guess.

The trailer flashed me so much. The tone, music and atomosphere. I'm not a huge Kojima fan but this has made me incredibly excited to see the final game.

The last scene with the floating guys gave me goosebumps.

MetalGearSilly

Neo Member
I'm surprised no ones come up with some solid findings within the trailer. There must be hidden messages and whathaveyou.

On a different note - it's a clever trailer. A lot of us have been gaming for years and years..and I'm sure I'm not only speaking for myself here - but it's not as easy to be excited about new games anymore. The trailer gives us many more questions than answers - and that gets people talking..A LOT.

I remember being much more excited during previous E3s - enough to actually WATCH the presentations live. This year I hardly watched anything live - I would just go to youtube channels to see the latest vids. And so many of the trailers/gameplay reveals were just too familiar. I somehow even watched clips of the new COD and was just puzzled about how any of it was exciting and new.

The same can be said about many of the games and even AAA titles - that so many gamers seem to be excited about. It's ironic that they don't need to wait to play these "new" games..cos they're already out and have been for years.

Top Bottom