• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Announced: A Kojima Productions Game

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
idrisdnue0.png

cn3vb-7uiaaqx-wrzuy0.jpg

ziDTLxD.jpg

Don't get my hopes up too high SolidSnakex lol. But if Idris was in it, and it wouldn't be the first game he did as he was in CoDMW2, that would be great.

I'm just wondering which female talent Kojima would approach unless Death Stranding is going to have a strictly male cast. I'm sure Scarlet Johanson is on his list, but I think she may be priced a bit too high even for this production.

If you're talking about actresses he really likes, then Alicia Vikander, Charlize Theron, and Emily Blunt are at the top. He mentioned that Alicia is his favorite actress.

Cardon

Ah yes, I can certainly see Kojima trying to get Charlize since he's a huge Fury Road fan. That would be quite a get too since she's a terrific actress that's open to doing new things, as evident by being the baddie in Furious 8.

Whompa02

Man who did Kojima connect with to get such close relations with A list actors and actresses...

Kind of amazing really. One of the few game directors from Japan to actually get some pull.

I love how we're piecing together outfits and timing where people are to work out who Kojima is working with. Before even any semblance of gameplay has been revealed. We're gonna be thirsty for years...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Man... like if Mads is in the game my hype is officially through the roof.

Now I'm wondering which other actors Kojima may be a fanboy of and is offering up a huge check to them to be part of his dream cast.

2016-08-2217_19_03-hir7xkh.png

2016-08-2217_21_40-aylulwo.png

Mariolee

Death Stranding starring Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelson, and Idris Elba.

That cast would be star studded for a film, let alone a video game.

yuraya

The last time they showed off tech shots and teased other little things we got the trailer soon after at E3. So does this mean Kojima is gonna do another trailer soon for the PS meeting? Maybe game awards or PSX? Looks like he is gonna continue his marketing approach from TPP. Epic trailer after epic trailer for a few years until release.

The last time they showed off tech shots and teased other little things we got the trailer soon after at E3. So does this mean Kojima is gonna do another trailer soon for the PS meeting? Maybe game awards or PSX? Looks like he is gonna continue his marketing approach from TPP. Epic trailer after epic trailer for a few years until release.

If we see it again before it's in a full "game" state i'd expect it only to be so that they can show off whatever engine they've decided on. Otherwise I just expect them to go dark until they can really show what the game is.

I love the trailer for Death Stranding, all of his trailers are gold.
I'm so interested in the concept I would happily take less in depth game play just to see the story.

I hope the Mads speculation turns out to be true. I believe it to be. Kojima sure seems to be having fun. So refreshing to see after the last decade of him seemingly having to convince himself that returning to save his baby (Metal Gear) was the right call.

Top Bottom