• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Down trademark renewed by Capcom

Orpheum

giphy.gif

CAB_Life

This could be the earliest reveal ever.

I dunno, Nioh was announced a generation away too. Something like 10 years wasn’t it?

Can’t blame Capcom either. For the longest time, I’ve firmly held the opinion that the first company to make a Dark Souls online—clone, whatever, just persistent and online—will make mountains of cash.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I could totally see Capcom calling there next Dragon's Dogma : Dragon's Dogma: Deep Down.

Today I'm gonna play some DDDD

Fbh

Finally rectifying the mistake when they sent the Newgames_Ps5.mp4 file instead of the Newgames_Ps4.mp4 one

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
PS6 launch title.
Actually, you might not be far from the truth cuz that video they've showed during PS4 press conference looks way to complex for even PC GPUs of nowadays, let alone new ones in the next 2-4 years. The tech behind the game is extremely impressive, but it's way ahead of it's time in real-life rendering in games and we have to wait at least one more generation before we can see games to look like that.

Actually, you might not be far from the truth cuz that video they've showed during PS4 press conference looks way to complex for even PC GPUs of nowadays, let alone new ones in the next 2-4 years. The tech behind the game is extremely impressive, but it's way ahead of it's time in real-life rendering in games and we have to wait at least one more generation before we can see games to look like that.
Or they could just do what everyone else does and release a game that looks way worse than what they showed off in those trailers. I mean, that's obviously what they were planning on doing before shelving the game, considering actual gameplay footage has been out there for nearly 7 years at this point.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Or they could just do what everyone else does and release a game that looks way worse than what they showed off in those trailers. I mean, that's obviously what they were planning on doing before shelving the game, considering actual gameplay footage has been out there for nearly 7 years at this point.
Yeah and I'm glad they didn't release the game in that state, better wait for the actual hardware which can run the game as it was intended to look like in the first trailer.

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

Wonder what development hell this game went through.

I can only guess it began as a more or less straightforward dungeon crawler but someone wanted a Dark Souls rival.

Just my imagination.

Top Bottom