• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Definitive Index of Alien: Isolation LTTP Threads

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This thread shows the myriad reasons why it should have a separate, community game review forum.

LTTP threads are rarely game reviews though, most of the time the OP hasn't even finished the game. Often they can lead to some good discussions about classic/underrated games, isn't that exactly what this forum is all about?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
TC putting in work

YenCcY.gif

Dalek

Yet the game itself never goes on PSN sale and is still $60

and no I don't want the season pass

I actually did buy it on PSN when it was on sale for about $30 if I recall correctly. It could have been a PS+ sale.

EDIT: beaten.

Still too many people out there that haven't experienced this fantastic game.

And there will still be too many people who dont want to experience this game.

I LOVE the Alien movies, no thanks at playing horror games, especially this one. I'm sure its a great game, but I cant do horror.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
And there will still be too many people who dont want to experience this game.

I LOVE the Alien movies, no thanks at playing horror games, especially this one. I'm sure its a great game, but I cant do horror.

I would try it anyway, honestly.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I will buy this and I will play this in the weekend of august 1-2. And probably scream like a little girl. And my buddy on the couch to experience this with will hear it.

WITHE1982

Bought this last week new for £18 (Ripley Edition) and the brief time I had with it (2-3 hours) was fantastic. Unfortunately I then picked up The Witcher 3 which is taking up all of my time but I'll going straight back to this when I'm done.

After the shambles that was Colonial Marines it was just great to get a game based on the franchise that actually "get's it". The game perfectly captures the hopeless terror that the original movie instilled in me the first time I saw it.

Great thread OP. I'll be reading up on everything non spoilery today.

Edit: If AO ever gets Morpheus support I will not be trying it. Same with a VR P.T. There are some things that you just know not to try and this is one of them I'm afraid. My underpants can only hold so much.

DOWN

Banned
I bought it on sale last year during the holidays for $29.99. Hopefully it will go back on sale soon.

I picked it up (again) on a flash sale during Xmas for $30 I think
Yeah, I'm aware it was on sale 6 months ago which I'd say is incredibly infrequent for a 9 month old game, so to clarify, I mean it never goes on sale figuratively due to how incredible 1 sale is in all that time and to otherwise sell it at $60

I specifically said I didn't want the season pass to avoid someone telling me the season pass bundle was on sale, a $50 code is not at all competitive when retail MSRP has gone down to a normal price of $40

I've been paying attention y'all. The last time this game itself went on sale was December and it has otherwise been $60 for the game alone (and I was planning to buy it then) so I'm stuck out in the cold

You were the one saying it never goes on sale. We were just trying to help you out and let you know that it has gone on sale and will again. If you've been paying attention, why did you say it's never been on sale.

F'ing internet sometimes.

DOWN

Banned
You were the one saying it never goes on sale. We were just trying to help you out and let you know that it has gone on sale and will again. If you've been paying attention, why did you say it's never been on sale.

F'ing internet sometimes.
I thought my season pass comment would have been clear enough. When someone says "You never call!" it doesnt actually mean they have literally never called once. So yes, it's been on sale once in 9 months, and as I originally indicated, no I don't mean the season pass bundle. Thanks anyway.

By the way. my friends, you can currently purchase Alien: Isolation at a 50% discount at the low, low price of $24.99 in the Steam sale.

My advice? Wait for the dailies lol!!

Alien Isolation is an awesome game. Sadly I haven't finished it yet, but I was overwhelmed by its atmosphere, graphics (that ran super fluidly on my laptop even at highest settings) and overall story so far.

It's an Alien game that took the right setting (that of the first Alien movie) and perfectly used it in a video game.
For that I congratulate the developers and Sega.
Congratulations.

speedomodel

Finishing up Murdered Soul Suspect and this is next one on my list. So damn excited to give this a go...

Am a sissy if I play on the lowest difficulty?

inm8num2

I might bite on this game if it's cheap enough in the Steam sale, but it will probably run like garbage on my laptop.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Finishing up Murdered Soul Suspect and this is next one on my list. So damn excited to give this a go...

I think the sound will be creepy no matter the difficulty. Note that you can reduce difficulty in-game

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I've had this on my ps4 since the Xmas psn sale and never touched it.

Recommendations for difficulty? I did notice it has like a half dozen choices! I usually play at the hardest setting on most games, but concerned this is not the game to do that with...also plat missables?

Denton

That was one of the funniest OPs i have read here, thank you.
And yes the game must be bought by everyone because I want more of it.

Zakalwe

Banned
I love you, OP.

Also I have AI, I played it for the first time on Thursday. I got to the part where you have to
call the shuttle
and I almost had a heart attack.

The music building in volume, I ran around literally in a panic trying to find something to hide in. Turned around and there was an awful shape silhouettes against the faint light of the transit bay. It started moving towards me.

I cried out like a child. My girlfriend said I sounded ridiculous. :(

Hello, friends. The videogame Alien: Isolation is 75% off in today's Steam Sale dailies. Maybe buy it, play it, and then make a thread about how you should have bought it earlier!

Maybe we'll get a sequel then!

(No, we won't.)

DOWN

Banned
Hello, friends. The videogame Alien: Isolation is 75% off in today's Steam Sale dailies. Maybe buy it, play it, and then make a thread about how you should have bought it earlier!

Maybe we'll get a sequel then!

(No, we won't.)
Wait, this didn't do well enough for a sequel?

liquidtmd

Banned
It seems most Alien Isolation threads are doomed to few replies, no matter how good they are

Quite - expecting someone to make a LTTP of Definitive LTTP Alien Isolation threads volume 2 hyper megamix collection soon so the cycle continues endlessly. Begging, nay crying for a sequel.

Soon you'll be hanging off every word of the guy at Creative Assembly and the second he posts a picture of something random like a forklift you'll be making eleven page threads on GAF insisting like frantic bitches in need of a fix that it's a Aliens reference and Isolation 2 is imminent

bought this at launch and beat it on ps4. got it during a humble sale for 12 bucks on pc

those with PCs, are you playing it at 1080p/60 or 720p/60 + 3d? if playing 3d whats the way to get it looking the best :)

Wait, this didn't do well enough for a sequel?
I think it's passed the two million mark now, but that's not great for a multiplatform AAA title. I wouldn't call it disastrous, but it's not looking good for a sequel.

Especially when you consider how many people bought it discounted.

Zach

Update: Just completed Chapter 9. Incredible game. Love it.

There have been one or two segments that I've had to replay a few times and I've felt some frustration, but that's fine. I think it's mostly because I hoard items instead of using them. Heh...

DOWN

Banned
I think it's passed the two million mark now, but that's not great for a multiplatform AAA title. I wouldn't call it disastrous, but it's not looking good for a sequel.

Reading up, I see Sega doesn't have the rights for the sequel right now so supposedly Fox can shop it around if Sega doesn't want to renew

Ont

I am playing on hard and I am loving it. Pulling through a difficult area gives me a similar satisfaction that I get from XCOM: EW.

It is not too difficult if you know what you are doing (after few deaths).

Aki-at

My game of the year, was actually planning on replaying this with a bunch of friends. Was stuck with the Playstation 3 version but now that I have a Playstation 4, shiny graphics here I come :D

I wouldn't be so glum about the prospects of a sequel friend : P

First of all, SEGA's targets was for the game to sell about 2.3 million, having managed sales of 2.1 million, I think it's safe to assume they're happy with the number.

Second, The Creative Assembly's console team is hiring for work on a new multi-platform AAA blockbuster with multiplayer features. http://www.pcgamer.com/creative-assembly-hiring-for-multi-platform-aaa-blockbuster/

So I wouldn't say an Alien: Isolation sequel isn't out of the question.

Top Bottom