• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demo Tekken 8 By VG Tech (Xbox Series S/X)

Vergil1992

Tekken 8 frame rate test showing the framerate/fps on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S in the demo version of the game.Subscribe for more gaming tech analysis: http://bit.ly/VGTechSubscribeThe version tested was 2.1.1.0 on both consoles.Timestamps:0:00 - Xbox Series X8:34 - Xbox Series SXbox Series X uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest resolution found being 1920x1080. Pixel counts at 1920x1080 seem to be rare and pixel counts at 3840x2160 seem to be very rare. Xbox Series X appears to be using FSR 1 to upscale to 3840x2160.It seems that Xbox Series X tends to render at a higher resolution than PS5. As an example, during one scene PS5 rendered at approximately 2418x1360 and Xbox Series X rendered at approximately 2581x1452. However, there were also a few scenes where they were rendering at approximately the same resolution.Xbox Series S uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 1920x1080 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 1152x648. Pixel counts at 1152x648 seem to be rare. Xbox Series S appears to be using FSR 1 to upscale to 1920x1080.Series S has some graphical cutbacks compared to Series X in areas such as: texture quality, scene detail, shadow quality and effects quality https://bit.ly/4b7ojFc Depth of field is also missing in some scenes on Xbox Series S.

Darsxx82

There were already people who had analyzed both demos and also detected that XSX was going to have a higher average DRS than on PS5..... But it is always preferable that more precise people with earned credibility like VGtech attest to it before drawing conclusions.
The same case occurred in MK 1 but VGtech not have analysis.

That said, It's the demo. I don't know if it's completely representative of the final game but everything points to it.

PS. Another UE5 🤔

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Combining the platform charts. Pretty close with SX having less drops and higher DRS.

RNIu0hy.jpg

This actually makes me reconsider where ill get this. PS5 appear muddy to me in that forest stage. Kinda disappointed that they couldn't get a higher average resolution considering a) it's not using nanite and b)no lumen.

But what if the ps5 pro comes out this year ...fuck

SKYF@ll

Like The Finals, it is a UE5 game that does not use Lumen and Nanite.
Both games have similar benchmarks, like twins.
XSX has a slight advantage due to its superior memory bandwidth.

Griffon

1440p with the help of FSR (so likely 1080p real res).

I'm starting to think the GPUs inside current gen are really, really sucky.

Last edited:

That's the only thing that can explain the countless games this gen coming in with underwhelming settings this gen. People still don't want to admit it though for some strange reason

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
OK. So if I go console it's xbox. That's fine as I have the most arcade sticks for xbox and pc. Just need to see how pc holds up whih I expect to be quite a large jump over console.

Negligible differences.

Also, a lot of people don’t realise how heavy 4K and 60fps is. For $499 it’s good what these machines are doing.

Calverz

The demo looked amazing on my pc and that’s the version I pre ordered. Also gives more controller options. Only problem was the hdr was fucked on pc. I’m hoping that will be fixed for retail release….

Darsxx82

It Is not FRS2, Tekken 8 use FSR1 which practically becomes a sharpness filter and normal upscaling to 4K with DRS.
That is, the resolution figures are the base resolution. It has nothing to do with how FSR2 work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom