• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denis Villeneuve eyed by Legendary to helm the Dune movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
British un-known talking with an american accent as Paul Atriedes? Well known british actor (Colin Firth maybe) As Duke Leto? What do you guys think?

JB1981

Watched some of Lynch's Dune today. Movie is ROUGH. I really enjoy the musical score and I dig many of the casting choices and the art direction for the most part, but the movie is a narrative disaster.

Watched some of Lynch's Dune today. Movie is ROUGH. I really enjoy the musical score and I dig many of the casting choices and the art direction for the most part, but the movie is a narrative disaster.

Which version did you watch? Did it have an animated prologue and a lot of expositive narration? That's the "Alan Smithee" TV version that Lynch disavowed.

mortal

Gold Member
Oh shit.

We'll never have Jodorowsky's Dune, although the prospects of this excites me. Hope the deal works out.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They should cast David Lynch as the Padishaw Emperor and tell him to act as crazy as possible or like Lynch acts every day of the week.

We'll never have Jodorowsky's Dune

We got Alien out of it, one of the biggest jumps in cultural sci-fi imagination at the time (even if in hindsight you can see there's some clear ripping off from Planet Of The Vampires, like, a lot). And that was a decade after 2001 to boot. I think we're square with Jodorowsky on that one.

Can you imagine a world where Alien did not exist? Because in that world, Jodorowsky's Dune would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom