• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Depressed Developer leaves hidden message in Dino Crisis 1 demo files

Jawmuncher

So on 4chan (yeah yeah I know). Someone posted this news and said this is perhaps the missing part

7pv8RBU.jpg

Seems plausible

SkylineRKR

I hate to do a quote train if this turns into that, but Dino Crisis is pretty good. I've played a lot of RE clones, and this is definitely higher up there for me. DC found its identity more in the second game as Dino Crisis 1 is really a Resident Evil game with dinosaurs (though with some interesting differences, like the bleeding system, velociraptors following you through doors, the puzzles I actually enjoyed, some more environmental threats, etc), but it had a lot of stand-out moments for me too.

DC1 gets too little credit I feel. Yes it was RE with Dinos but very advanced in fact. Same 3D camera like later released next-gen Code Veronica, harder puzzles, less ammo, tougher enemies. Normal was actually rather fucking hard, lol. I actually started the game thinking its just some sort of RE3, but the first enemy ate all my handgun ammo and bodied me.

I love 2 as well, but I actually prefer 1.

MissChief

There is a possibility that the developer just grabbed a block of English text as decorative filler. It happens from time-to-time with Japanese games. Sega's Let's Tap contains a slightly edited version of the Team Fortress Wikipedia page, but it's difficult to read unless you're on an emulator.

I don't think this is the case here, there're too many spelling errors to be a filler text. Like "ik have two choice" in stead of "to choose" or "two choices" and "Long as .. that OK".

Someone track down all the Dino crisis devs to see if any of them isn't here anymore. That's probably who wrote it

With that said, I'd love a remake or at least a sequel to this series

I'm just going to piece together the whole message (misspellings and all) since no one else has done it.

I don't know why I'm writting this.
I'm just doing it for fun,
but how many people will understand
my sense ?
Will I'll tell you a truce
I really don't give a damn about it !!
Long as I'm happy that OK.
But I'm not. .
So to make my life much easy to live
I have two choice.
1 Try and live a happy life
2 Kill your self
But I don't want to try or kill my self!
so? What should I do?
What should I. . .

I think that's how it goes, at least. Considering the person who wrote this was Japanese, the word "sense" is probably related to the actual word they wanted to convey. Maybe "mind"?

Jawmuncher

I'm just going to piece together the whole message (misspellings and all) since no one else has done it.

I think that's how it goes, at least. Considering the person who wrote this was Japanese, the words "sense" is probably related to the actual word they wanted to convey. Maybe "mind"?

Thanks for this. Yeah especially in this context I really doubt this was just flavor text pulled from somewhere. This was definitely some working on the game in a dark place at the time.

I think that's how it goes, at least. Considering the person who wrote this was Japanese, the words "sense" is probably related to the actual word they wanted to convey. Maybe "mind"?

Truce and truth are indistinguishable from each other using Japanese syllables. I believe it.

Damn.

How is Dino Crisis 1 a bad RE clone.

It was much more fun, and challenging than RE2. I remember having to dodge and run away from raptors in one part of the game because 13 year old me ran out of ammo.

Ogodei

This is an assumption that the message is legitimate and not someone basically making a creepypasta to go in the background of the game.

Although with the Karoshi culture it could be a safe assumption of legitimacy?

Jawmuncher

This is an assumption that the message is legitimate and not someone basically making a creepypasta to go in the background of the game.

Although with the Karoshi culture it could be a safe assumption of legitimacy?

Yeah it’s an assumption. But with the age of the game and what we know of some dev during that time (such as the bit about an RE2 dev literally vomiting blood). I’m definitely pushing this more into Karoshi territory than anything else. If this was a more recent game then yeah I’d consider it perhaps being someone doing a creepy pasta. Since that’s really a more recent thing.

I would be depressed as well working on a bad re clone. The fact that you are on the b team because the higher ups want to see if dinosaurs are cool again. Great job, capcom.

Your feelings on the quality of this franchise are not at all relevant to the topic at hand. Anyway, I hope that dev got the help they needed.

Top Bottom