• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Derek Smart just had his manhood taken by RSI's lawyers (Star Citizen)

Woo-Fu

Banned
Derek Smart on USENET in the late 1990s is so crazy that people would only accept it as mythology at this point.

That's really the only Derek Smart I officially recognize. All others are pale imitations.

As far as the original post, it is hard to stay relevant when you were never relevant in the first place. I remember his posts more than his games, that pretty much says it all, right?

mnannola

Why doesnt he do a kickstarter?

Elite Dangerous, No Mans Sky, Star Citizen

Its a hot time for these kind of games right?

This is the best idea. The kickstarter would be mega ambitious, and I would throw away 10 bucks on it just for the laughs if it gets funded.

Here is a video showing his latest game. It looks completely horrible just like you would expect.

cyress8

Banned
This is the best idea. The kickstarter would be mega ambitious, and I would throw away 10 bucks on it just for the laughs if it gets funded.

Here is a video showing his latest game. It looks completely horrible just like you would expect.
He keeps reusing assets from years ago. He also keeps using that same horrible font too. It would not be a Derek Smart game without them.

The complete absence of any functioning or successful game having ever been released by him in his 20+ year "career" of game development further raises the question why he would consider himself qualified to cast any judgment on "Star Citizen."

Mmmm, that's some good shit right there

Kriken

293344f48efe539b968f7883b2585494bf7426c9d092c7af894a1efd0b14aba4.jpg

Overside

Banned
BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!!
Oh Derek, you was gatorin before it even had a name, and you finally got what you had coming, and it has brought me immense pleasure.

Tenebrous

Your client's defamatory claims are entirely without merit and include unfounded allegations that the funds raised for the project were used improperly, even fraudulently. In this vain, your client is now asking for a "forensic accounting" to be made available to him. Firstly, there is obviously no legal basis for your client's request and your letter cites no such authority. Secondly, the ample information provided regularly on our extensive website, including monthly progress reports from each studio, published headcounts and the like, would enable any person familiar with the cost of game development to assess the proper spending of the funds raised. Your client claims to be such an experienced person, so we are a bit perplexed about this demand coming in particular from him. However, your client's past career performance, including struggles with tax liens and a bankruptcy proceeding, begs the question what makes him think that he is even qualified to review and properly assess the information demanded by him. The complete absence of any functioning or successful game having ever been released by him in his 20+ year "career" of game development further raises the question why he would consider himself qualified to cast any judgment on "Star Citizen." Unlike his endeavors in the game development field, "Star Citizen" and the modules and work released to date have received enthusiastic responses in the game community and press, a success that continues unimpeded despite your client's desperate efforts to harm it for his own publicity gains.

That's the single greatest paragraph I've ever read.

Ether backed by the threat of legal action is the best ether. Cause you can't do a damn thing about it. Just sit there and burn in silence.

kmfdmpig

Career in quotes made me cringe and smile at the same time. I think that they used "vain" when they wanted to use "vein", but otherwise that is an epic and professional beat down.

"They should focus on Star Citizen instead of this space cadet"

I highly doubt their lawyers are taking time away from writing code or sculpting models to send off this letter.

Top Bottom