• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 officially announced (with a logo only) [Up: Cayde-6 Toy Pre-Order Bonus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantII

What about Destiny 1 and the ten year plan? False advertising at it again?

Things change.

All signs point to a new engine (and possibly PC support) to fix their major workflow issue they had in D1.

Reboot is necessary, and if that means quicker content releases I don't think you'll see too many in the Destiny community complaining.

Alienous

Well, that's a logo.

I'd like to at least know if they're targeting 60fps on console so I can decide whether or not to tune out of the coming coverage.

Destiny 2 is a game that will be a sequel to Destiny 1.

Well holy shit. I never saw that coming. Truly an exciting announcement.

MrS

Banned
This is pretty much how Destiny was announced (meaning no game to be shown). That turned out well...
Destiny raids are some of the best experiences had on consoles this gen. Speak to anybody who finished one if you need citations.

Dabi

Red Dead Redemption 2 changed the game haha. Twitter teases are now mandatory with game promo rollouts.

Jerm411

popovich-dancing-1999-spurs.gif

Day one....

DaaMaadNess

Neo Member
Great. I'll probably wait until they release the ultra complete mega definitive all included edition where I'll get the game together with all that DLC content which if you don't have it you miss the 90% of the actual experience.

With how much they love reveals, looks like they weren't quite ready to announce, but with leak they look like fools being the only ones pretending that poster doesn't exist.

border

Good. Will check. Still don't understand why not follow the WoW model.

Anytime a subscription MMO goes into a content drought, they lose countless subscribers and once someone has cancelled it is incredibly hard to get them back. I imagine it is even more difficult on a console, where a lapsed subscriber will probably just sell the disc back to Gamestop.

WoW's model doesn't really even work for WoW anymore. They're really much more focused on microtransactions, sale of currency, and regular expansion releases.

a916

Trailer must be imminent..

Though they probably announced this because the cat was already out of the bag.

Bit weird to underhype release this way, but i'm in!

Big destiny update tomorrow as well, I think they add in stuff to the old game to let you revisit the old raids that are updated for current levels and updated loot, although with nothing carrying over from D1 to D2 it sorta deflates my interest in spending too much time - I played VoG for 100+ hours, do I really wanna spend a lot more time in there still? well... yah

I really, really hope they put in matchmaking into EVERYTHING, that was the biggest flaw of Destiny 1. Also hope they manage some sort of cross save backend, where you can hop from PC to ps4 to xbone easily without each being a completely seperate backend like it is now. Probably won't get that though.

ElRenoRaven

What about Destiny 1 and the ten year plan? False advertising at it again?

What we have here is a prime example of someone who doesn't read a goddamn thing and doesn't know shit who tries to shit on something just because. Of course they make themselves out to look like a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom